Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sassy new 'do!

shellyj

hi all! i got my hair whacked off! 11 inches! i donated to locks of love.

i love my new hair cut it was donated by a trendy hair salon in nashville. in talking with the hairdresser about weight loss i got really irritated with her when she (super skinny like maybe a size 4) commented that while people can be predispostioned to be overweight it is a personnal chioce to be overweight!! it is calories taken in and what you burn. she runs 20 miles a week to be able to eat what she wants, and she has never had a weight problem.

well if she had dealt with a weight problem i might have taken what she said to heart!

Thanks for the haircut though! i'll post a pic tommorrow!

Shelly!

Great new hair cut...brings out your face alot!

I just got a trim and cut/color and am so happy...my stylist told me she could really tell I've lost some weight...especially in my face...

You look great!

great cut Michelle, really suits you - you have such gorgeous hair and eyes! It's so funny we're all off to the salon these days, just had about 4 inches off mine too - hadn't had it cut in about two years! i've attached a photo - (can u tell I'm having such fun with my new digital camera - hope this one doesn't come out huge! Donali told me to resize it but neglected to tell me how!)

Hey Jennye, post some photo's of yours - dying to see your new hair and the weight loss!

take care xx

Bright,

You look great too! I can really tell your loss in your face...plus your new do brings out your cheek bones!

I'm I the only loser that doesn't own a digital camera?

My best friend is home for the holidays from Atlanta so I'm going to take some pics this week. When I get them developed you all will have to help me post.

Well I'm off to work!

Oh, crud! Can someone download this and repost it in jpg or gif for all of us bmp deprived? I'd love to see the new Shelly.

I think a haircut is often part of discovering who the person who has been hiding really is. I've noticed the haircut as an ongoing theme in wls patients. Do you suppose that "underneath all that hair" is just one more place to hide? (Of course, I'm from the generation BEFORE the long-straight-hair thing hit mainstream, so I also think it may be a function of age...but I'm just wondering.)

Thanks!!!!!

Jennye- i cant wait to see your pic too! i love the curls!!!

Bright- i love your new hair do! i love the digital camera too. i borrow one from my work and LOVE IT!!!!

Sue- every time i have lost i get my hair whacked off and as i gain i tend to let it grow.... i think this also stems from not wanting or liking to 'fix' my hair and being gun shy when it comes to hairdressers i have had a truly bad cut before. so i enjoy it short and while its growing into long then i only have to get a couple trims.

vera- i do feel lighter! my head feels bouncy. i have to make a conscious effort not to use a GLOB of shampoo!!!

Donali- thanks for reposting the pic. can you grant anymore wishes????lol!

Donali- thanks for reposting the pic. can you grant anymore wishes????lol!

lol - that's one of my wishes...

Congrats, by the way, and lots of pats on the back for donating your lovely tresses to locks of love. Good for you! You just granted some wishes yourself... ;)

thanks donali!

that was the second time i donated. i dont have the money to BUY presents so i was trying to be giving. i also gave away all my clothes that are now to big.

i even had some good will spread unto me from- Goodwill (go figure). this is posted under the exercise thread but... i found a stairstepper and cardioglide for $2 EACH!!!! (thats great since i am broke!!!)

Shelly--Aha! Cute. I bet you're starting to hear comments about your dimples, again, huh?

Donali--Thanks! Y'all are both good faeries!