Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how soon after surgery did you have a fill

I need to know from all you seasoned vet.s how long after surgery was your first fill? How much was it? I am freaking hungry! I was banded 8-3-2010, and I'm hoping that when I go to the Doc.in one week it will be for a fill!!!! Anyone, what's it gonna be?:thumbup::)

I got mine 3 weeks after surgery, and it was 3.5 cc in a 10 cc band. I've noticed though that my doctor is way more lenient than most.

I'm not a season vet, but from what I understand most doctors do fills 6 to 8 weeks post op.

I'm 2 weeks post op and I went for my 1st check up today, the nurse ast. put items for a fill out for the doctor. I was like oh my word, I get to get a fill...yay! When the doctor came in the 1st thing he said was no fill it's too soon you're still healing. I was so glad that he put me on solids. I'll see him in 4 weeks, that will put me at 6 weeks post op, I'm sure he'll give me a fill then.

Try chewing sugarfree gum or hard candy to surpress the hunger. I did that pre op and it worked. Good luck.

I was pretty lucky and didnt get my first fill till a little over 9 months post op and have a 10cc band with a 2 cc primer and got.6cc fill so I have 2.6cc total. When I started to get to where I felt hungry right before my fill I would eat ice the chewing would hold me over.

I was 6 wks. post op before I got my first fill. Just hang in there and go with the flow for now...give your tummy time to heal. During this time I just focused on exercising and making healthier food choices more so than I did portion size. I got 3cc's my first fill and I still don't feel a whole lot of restriction. Sometimes I am tighter than other times...it's weird actually. I did notice that about 2 weeks after my fill I felt alot tighter than when he actually did the fill. So, be careful about getting your fills done too closely together...I think that's what causes a lot of people to have to get an unfill. Anyways...he scheduled my next fill for about 6 wks. out. I am definitely looking forward to it! Good luck with your journey! =)

I was pretty lucky and didnt get my first fill till a little over 9 months post op and have a 10cc band with a 2 cc primer and got.6cc fill so I have 2.6cc total. When I started to get to where I felt hungry right before my fill I would eat ice the chewing would hold me over.

When you said chewing ice it made me cringe....Im in the Dental field. Be careful, chewing ice cracks teeth. Then comes crowns and or root canals.

Maybe eat sugar free pops :)

I was 6 weeks post op when I got my first fill. It didn't provide me with restriction. That didn't come until my third fill. Best wishes!

It was offered a fill at 6 weeks post-op; I declined but I think 6-weeks is usually around the time doctors believe the stomach is healed/settled to have Fluid put in the band.

3 weeks for first fill. 2 weeks for fills after that. But I am at my sweet spot now so I haven't needed a fill for a while.

4 weeks after surgery is when I got my first fill.

However, it took me 4 fills until I got restriction.

I had my first fill 6 weeks post op as well, but it didn't provide much relief (restriction). My second fill is scheduled for next week and I have my fingers crossed.

Good luck, we all know what you are going through!

I just got my first fill yesterday, 5 weeks after surgery. I was like you, very hungry and didn't do well after the surgery. This has given me new hope again. Can't wait to hit the "sweet spot".

I just got my first fill yesterday, 5 weeks after surgery. I was like you, very hungry and didn't do well after the surgery. This has given me new hope again. Can't wait to hit the "sweet spot".

Does it help just a little bit?

My first fill did help a little. I have noticed that my appetite is not as voracious as it used to be. I don't have the urge to snack between meals as much as I used to. But I can still eat several cups at each meal and I think you are supposed to eat the equivalent of 1/2 cup after you get restriction.

I had my first fill 4 weeks after my surgery. I got 2.5cc's put in the first time....my whole fill timeline is listed on my blog if you wanna see. That might give you a good idea.