Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ahhhhh Mushies Ideas please

I made a pot of vegtable beef Soup last night.I was to start mushies today so I thought I would try that pureed. I got out my baby spoon to sample. OMG it is so good.It just hopped into my magic bullet.What can I say. I could only eat 3/4 cup and I was satisfied not full but satisfied. First time in Six days. Amazing I could eat two bowls and 2 grilled chees sandwiches before.

I could wait till tommorrow. Doc told me to try to do the liquids for seven days if I could. Well I made it 6 days and 20 hours.I went to the doctor yesterday Im down eleven poulds now at 207.Instead of taking 65 units of insulin and four pills for just my blood sugar Im at 10 units and two pills and montering.Lets see how it holds.

I hope to be below 200 by New years. GOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAND

eggs although a favortie of other fellow bandsters are not good for me. Take eggs with caution. I am a Soup fiend. Lobster bisque & pea soup are my favorites. Some of the people used the magic bullet in the beginning to puree everything.

Banana's are my favorite fruit and it fills me up fast.

Good luck to you and congratulations on your WL.

Well done! You are a good bandster. Love to see that Blood sugars improve so much.

Now, pureed veggie Soup is full liquids. At one week post-op, I'm not sure mushies are a good idea? Mushies may be too thick...refrieds, guacamole, cottage cheese, etc. Stay of Full Liquids for a bit...ANYTHING in the Magic Bullet you could otherwise drink through a straw. Start experimenting! And remember, just because it looks gross doesn't mean it won't taste like PURE Heaven!!!

I list that stuff on my list but I will stay on thin stuff a while.I was thinking stuff like cottage cheese would be to heavy also.

Yep...this helped me go through the Stages...

Clear Liquids

Clear Liquids + Protein shakes

Full Liquids

Soft Mushies

Full Mushies

Soft Sollids

Full Solids

There is also a really good food Stages List in the food Forum..it's a Stickie...and it give examples of each stage...might be helpful.

Follow your body's signals. If pureed Soup satisfies, no need to push forward. Go slow as you heal!!

Congrats on the amount of meds you take now! That is great!As far as the foods, it was alot of figuring out on my part. But, just try different things...Like...Beans and sour cream, with cheese and maybe some salsa or sugar free and fat free frozen yogurt with some fat free whipped topping. yum! Or you can try any of the sugar free and fat free puddings, jell-o and add the whipped topping, great snack! Grits, eggs, oatmeal, cream of wheat and applesauce are good too. Mashed potatos, soup-at-hand Soups are great! Just play with it a little, you are doing great so far!

Suki~

Look up magic bullet at google.com and you will find tons of them. Also try ebay. I love my magic bullet! It is the greatest thing for protien shakes. You will love it!

I've got the giggles again, just like I did last time this was mentioned. When I think "magic bullet" I dont think kitchen appliances.......

Yep, I was loving the refried Beans also. Top them with a little cheese and some salsa, yummy. I loved the Cambells brocolli cheese and the bean & bacon pureed. It is nice to get off that liquid stage!!!

chicken Fettucinni ground up in a baby-food grinder - tastes the same, but you can get it down. Also, "Congress" (or is it "Senators") brand Lima Bean, or Green Pea Soup is really rich and yummy, and soothing. cheese melts into almost all Soups to give them more body, and it makes them more soothing.

Of course, evil ice-cream goes down really well, and this is a period, I believe, where you are actually allowed to eat it.

Enjoy these early days of bandsterhood, where weight falls off, and you still don't expect to eat normally and you get the first few magical experiences of satiety. A favorite saying - "do you remember a day where the world wasn't new?"

Best, Brad

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches