Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much is your final fill total?

How many cc's in your first year total (not each fill)  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How many cc's in your first year total (not each fill)

• 1cc
    • 2cc
    • 3cc
    • 4cc
    • 5cc
    • 6cc
    • 7cc
    • 8cc
    • 9cc
    • 10cc or more if you have a larger band

I just found out today that i have 7cc's in a 10cc band.

It sounds like a lot but the dr told me he's been filling them with help from something to get as close to the "sweet spot" right from the start rather then the multi fills and unfills that have been done in the past

he said he's been doing it this way for months now and has a lot of success.

what i'm wondering is what is your total fill. i know when you lose a lot of weight then you may need to have it adjusted but lets go with 6 months.

what was your total fill for the first 6-12 months?

Actually, had 5.5 cc's. Surgeon removed .2 at my request in June. Met goal (surgery was 10/30/09) August 11. He removed 1.3cc's at my request for maintenance. So, have about 3.5,now, 10 months out.

You were banded 10 days ago and you already have 7cc's! I was banded that day I my first fill isn't until September 10th!

Your doctor must have done a fluro fill. My doctor has the same thought process as your doctor so I am excited about getting to restriction quickly.

I'm not a Doctor but 7cc's 10 days out with a 10cc band just doesn't seem quite right to me. I'm just saying as you lose your stomach gets smaller and the band needs to be adjusted. It just doesn't seem like he's leaving much room for adjustment. I know they could have never gotten 7cc's in me from the start, I'm 2yrs out and only have 6.2 in a 10cc. I'm at my sweet spot (thus far) and am also at goal. Please don't think i'm being negitive because that is not my intent, I just phantom starting a 7cc's but I wish you all the luck in the world and congrats on your band.

You were banded 10 days ago and you already have 7cc's! I was banded that day I my first fill isn't until September 10th!

Your doctor must have done a fluro fill. My doctor has the same thought process as your doctor so I am excited about getting to restriction quickly.

i haven't heard the term fluro fill. apparently there is a new device that when during the op he can measure the optimum fill. Another person who was banded the morning of me got 6.5cc's

I always wondered why everyone was so concerned about the # of cc's in their bands - who cares - all I ever wanted was for it to work and what works for me isn't neccessalilty going to work for you..:(

And work for you it did Indio, You look FANTASTIC!!!!!

And work for you it did Indio, You look FANTASTIC!!!!!

Thanks Kim !!!

WTG I see you are at goal too !!! Congrats -

See you are a July Bander too ;0) 08 but still a July baby ;0)

Edited by IndioGirl55

Thank you, I just got to goal in July so now I'm trying to learn how to maintain. I lose a couple and gain a couple but am pretty much sticking around the 150.

Thank you, I just got to goal in July so now I'm trying to learn how to maintain. I lose a couple and gain a couple but am pretty much sticking around the 150.

I've been here 2 yrs (maintenance) key imho - just keep eating healthy - be mindful of not letting your guard down and going back to your eating habits and keep up the exercise.

This is a lifetime lifestyle change ;0)

I have no idea how much is in my band. All I know is that I have the standard 10 cc band. How much in your band doesn't matter. Let your surgeon worry about that. :biggrin:

I have no idea. I stopped asking after around 8.5 cc in an 11 cc. band.

I always wondered why everyone was so concerned about the # of cc's in their bands - who cares - all I ever wanted was for it to work and what works for me isn't neccessalilty going to work for you..:laugh:

Exactly. I agree. I have no idea what is inside my band. Of course my doctor knows, and that's really what matters. As long as I'm doing my part, the number of cc's in my band doesn't matter.

I was banded on 04/26/2010. At the time of the surgery the doctor place 1cc in the band. I had my first adjustment done on 06/26/2010 which put me at a total of 2.5 cc's. I had my second fill on 10/24/2010 and that put me at 4 cc's. I have lost a total of 59lbs.

I was banded June 2010 and have 8.1 cc right now in a 14 cc band. I did have one small unfill. I have lost nearly 70 lbs so far in just under 6 months. I exercise every day though and have a lot of restriction at some meals and when eating softer meals not quite as much. If I push the envelope though I get very ill and have intense left shoulder pain and lots of sliming/ throwing up. I really wonder if I didn't skip past my sweet spot when I had to unfill. I have lost 10 lbs in the last weeks since getting back on the fill band wagon. I have a small .3 fill two weeks in a row and then again 3 weeks later two weeks in an row of .3. That seems to work better for me than the .5 fills every three weeks I was doing. I really do think I am close to my sweet spot though. Most days I only eat 1 - 2 times a day, sometimes but usually not 3 times and I definitely have good restriction. Anyone who has finished their initial journey and is maintaining want to tell us more about our sweet spot? I really am concerned I am there and continuing to fill.

I also wonder is my 8.1 in a 14 cc band like having 4.1 in a 10 cc band or is my band just larger because of hiatal hernia repair at time of surgery and my band is just as tightly filled just around a thicker pouch do the hernia repair?