Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hear the drums of war beating!!!!!!!!!

I do believe we can have peace again for our country, I cannot speak for every country and I know that some folks just gotta go on killing and mistreating thier own countrymen and women. We sure cannot go and start a war for everybody who is mistreated, Israel is in a hot spot and I know we owe them some support but not when they are unwilling to compromise when it is called for! If we were to go and bomb Iran and Korea when they got out of line, and we are still in japan, germany, eastern europe probably korea, saudi arabia , iraq, afganistan and how ever many other places we have troups and military presence. MY GOD does that not seem a bit like crazy wasteful and the way to eventually destroy our country for the cost and everything this brings? that is the way the Romans bit the dust constant wanting more and being the military power of the world for awhile then gone. I do think we have the right to defend ourselves and our allies IF they are not completely in the wrong and just using us to be bullies themselves. beat those drums for war but I:wink: don't think it will get us what we want in the long run,and our kids will still be fighting for a cause that cannot be identified.

Are you serious? Thats almost un-American. Our 26th president of these United States Theodore Roosevelt. The quote is actually; "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."

Actually I wanted to see if she knew. She talks about Defending yourself only if attacked on own soil. We where attacked on our own soil and she still has a problem with defending ourselves! It was very contradictory.

I do believe we can have peace again for our country, I cannot speak for every country and I know that some folks just gotta go on killing and mistreating thier own countrymen and women. We sure cannot go and start a war for everybody who is mistreated, Israel is in a hot spot and I know we owe them some support but not when they are unwilling to compromise when it is called for! If we were to go and bomb Iran and Korea when they got out of line, and we are still in japan, germany, eastern europe probably korea, saudi arabia , iraq, afganistan and how ever many other places we have troups and military presence. MY GOD does that not seem a bit like crazy wasteful and the way to eventually destroy our country for the cost and everything this brings? that is the way the Romans bit the dust constant wanting more and being the military power of the world for awhile then gone. I do think we have the right to defend ourselves and our allies IF they are not completely in the wrong and just using us to be bullies themselves. beat those drums for war but I:wink: don't think it will get us what we want in the long run,and our kids will still be fighting for a cause that cannot be identified.

We're not there as occupiers anymore. These are strategic locations and we also are in Japan and S. Korea Saudi Arabia as a deterrent. We're not taking over the world. Japan S. Korea, Germany are all better places because of us! I go to a site called the Jerusalem post. You can post comments like you do here. There was a guy on there from the Netherlands talking about how it disgusts him that we try to police the world. He said we would fail in Iraq and Afghanistan. About a month after that there was a major earthquake in Iran. He said we where to slow in sending aid and we didnt send enough money as compared to other countries. I asked him if he wanted us to "police the world" or not, that he couldnt have it both ways meaning we're their when its convenient for him! He never responded, of course! People need to realize this world is far from perfect and unfortunately there is a need for war. Iraq was a mistake started from lies. Where are all those Iraqi scientists and former military officers Fox news kept interviewing before the war started, crying about how Sadam had WMDs and how they where being transported to Syria. Think about it, Narcisistic Sadam wouldnt give weapons to neighbors on his borders at any cost. Funny, I havent seen one(Iraqi scientists and former military officers) since the start of the debacle in Iraq(no disrespect to soldiers, theyre doing what theyre told to do and very well). Afghanistan, Im not sure what our objective is anymore. It shouldnt be to "nation build" because thats impossible. Many military's and empires have tried and failed! Iran who threatens world peace would be just in my opinion.

Let me ask you this question. Is there any other place on earth you would feel more safe living? Ill assume the only right answer here, NO! Our military has gotten us what we want up to this point. My only hope is that people with your beliefs dont have a say in future conflicts because it probably wont get us what we want in "the long run"!

I am happy to say I will never assume that we must "nuke" other human beings, I have had 3 nephews in these wars and thank god none have died or been mamed, one is still in the service and is a lifer. I have great respect for those who join the service and dedicated thier lives to the service of our wonderful country.

But I do not beleive we need to solve all the worlds problems because we cannot. somebody wise said "speak softly and carry a big stick" If we are attacked on out own soil we must fight to the death for our country.

Before Israel decided to not share with the Palistinians somewhere to live and trade and exist they should have really thought of the consequences. They were all there and need to be sharing some space to those people.

Iran well, I don't necessarily think we need to blast them and the koreans either. We are the ones who started this crap with nukes and atomic bombs and so on, we have to take some blame here for our reckless attitude. I think you all are so mad that President Obama won and just cannot get over it. I wanted health care reform and wish it would have gone further but we will take what we get on our way to a good socialized model. I am talking about basic health care not foolish wasted dollars health care.

I am proud of our President's work so far and nothing you all say will sway me. I work for kaiser myself and I think we do a great job for our members. I am also a union member and am proud of that as well.

I still say we can have a peace in the world someday and that is my daily prayer for us all. I am not a wacko religious freak either I am a buddhist. I have never collected one dollar of unemployment thankfully for my family but if I needed it I would and I would hope some kind of healthcare would available to my family. Those are social programs I believe in like social security,food stamps, and housing for the very poor and elderly care and help. If we cannot do that in thiscountry with some of those tax dollars what is this all about? keeping the rich rich? BULLSH!!T. I also give to some charities and i know some very wealthy people do as well, they are no worse for the wear. Just how much do some think they need?

The main reason Israel takes land in the Palestinian territory is so the Kyatusha rockets launched by the Pals. dont reach Israel. They push them back to protect their citizens. Very simple solution here. Quit firing rockets and mortars at someone who will obliterate you in conflict! This really pi$$es me off about the Palestinians. Because they try to take on the regional superpower of the ME(Israel) with their obsolete weapons they get sympathy from the rest of the world and Israel the "bully" is picking on them! If you ask me theyre just plain stupid! I wouldnt start a fight or even engage in a fight with someone I knew would kisk my a$$!

Hey Murpel, its time to dance in the rain, the storm is coming!

Actually we should take care of business before the storm comes(In the context Im using your saying, it sounds like Im content on containing a nuclear Iran which Im not!).

Being attacked on our own soil is another nation like say japan did come to our country and attack our military and make a clear intention of War, that is what I am thinking of. 911 was a bunch of saudi maniacs who made a terrorist attack they did not represent another nation with an intention of War. We should have tracked them down, those that lived and thier group of thugs and brought them on trial for the attack and every lost life and damaged life as a result. they should have been tried and found guilty and then been punished accordingly.

That is how it works here we should not be a military force that never leaves.

All these countries we have had wars with and stayed in have been rebuilt and we stay there for our own interests or we would not be there.

That is my opinion and I have a right to it. you guys are welcome to your opinion as well.

Being attacked on our own soil is another nation like say japan did come to our country and attack our military and make a clear intention of War, that is what I am thinking of. 911 was a bunch of saudi maniacs who made a terrorist attack they did not represent another nation with an intention of War. We should have tracked them down, those that lived and thier group of thugs and brought them on trial for the attack and every lost life and damaged life as a result. they should have been tried and found guilty and then been punished accordingly.

That is how it works here we should not be a military force that never leaves.

All these countries we have had wars with and stayed in have been rebuilt and we stay there for our own interests or we would not be there.

That is my opinion and I have a right to it. you guys are welcome to your opinion as well.

So what would have happened had we done what is bolded and underlined there, and lets say, something happened paper work wise, as is so common in our legal system, and these people were to be found not guilty by some technicality. What then? Would you be okay with them walking free and going about their lives, as that is the way it works here?

I don't think that if we had evidence and followed the laws of our land we would be worried about these theories. I think we could have done this IF we had been able after almost 10 yrs to to catch them and get them behind bars on put to death or whatever the punishment would have been, we are still trying to get out of Iraq and never belonged there and can't even figure out a goal in afganistan and try and get out of there, but then now we need to maybe run around Pakistan and hunt for the terrorists in the hills there. Maybe if we had kept a strict plan of action and clear goals we could have had the justice we all want. We had the Bush regime with their finger up their A$$ for the most part wasting resources and padding the pockets of their buddies for 8 yrs. THEY ARE THE ONES WHO FAILED YOU.

I don't think that if we had evidence and followed the laws of our land we would be worried about these theories. I think we could have done this IF we had been able after almost 10 yrs to to catch them and get them behind bars on put to death or whatever the punishment would have been, we are still trying to get out of Iraq and never belonged there and can't even figure out a goal in afganistan and try and get out of there, but then now we need to maybe run around Pakistan and hunt for the terrorists in the hills there. Maybe if we had kept a strict plan of action and clear goals we could have had the justice we all want. We had the Bush regime with their finger up their A$$ for the most part wasting resources and padding the pockets of their buddies for 8 yrs. THEY ARE THE ONES WHO FAILED YOU.

You are offering quite the what if scenario, so that is all I'm offering back to you. It happens quite often, and had we done this, these guys would have had a slew of ACLU attorneys turning every stone. While it is a remote possibility it is one. And I'll ask again, had all this happened and there was some technicality and they were to be let off, would you be okay with it? Your statement is you wanted them captured and brought to trial, because that's the American way. Well technicalities where killer's and rapist's walk free is also unfortunately part of that same American way.

Yes that is true there can not be a sure thing in any situation, like, who would have thought that with our power, training money connections and the finest military might on earth, we could not get a bunch of low life saudi terrorists and taken them down like the worms they are. Navy Seals, Green Beret, Elite forces of course the best we have to offer. Yet somehow here we are 10 yrs and countless thousands of lives ended or damaged, there is a chance this will never produce results either it appears. So, is it the best course of Action?

Yes that is true there can not be a sure thing in any situation, like, who would have thought that with our power, training money connections and the finest military might on earth, we could not get a bunch of low life saudi terrorists and taken them down like the worms they are. Navy Seals, Green Beret, Elite forces of course the best we have to offer. Yet somehow here we are 10 yrs and countless thousands of lives ended or damaged, there is a chance this will never produce results either it appears. So, is it the best course of Action?

Your avoidance makes it pretty clear that you would not want the American way it's all it's wonder in charge of the fate of these people, because there is a chance they could just walk free. So I'll take it that your answer to my question you refuse to answer is that if something like that were to happen we'd do something unconstitutional to ensure they don't go free, because the "American way" can't always be trusted for the outcome we want.

So was it the best course of action? Of course not, now your talking military strategy, and we had the same problem with the war in Iraq as we did with the "conflict" in Vietnam, we tried to nickel and dime our way to victory and it didn't work. It couldn't work. What we should have done in Iraq is what we should have done back then; a very large insertion is what was needed. For example if we had calculated that to win this war we needed 100,000 troops we should have immediately sent 200,000 and we would have been in good standing for the take over. One of the other major problems in the war in Iraq and Afghanistan is the overly tightened rules of engagement that were enforced on us. Ask your nephews about it, I have several friends in the fire service who spent time over there and that was one of their biggest complaints. In some instances for example, they were not even allowed to return fire without the okay of a commander that was not with them. So imagine your in a foreign country where everyone hates you already, and now people start firing on you, with machine guns, sniper fire, mortars, and all you can do is sit in your humvee and radio for permission to return fire. That is, once again as we say in the fire service, junk. Had these two issues been dealt with from the very beginning we would have had a much different outcome, and a much different timeline as well.

Well, it sounds like we should just go into any country we feel needs taken over based on even proven lies and manipulations and just start a slash and burn project. This is all just "collateral damage" right? We can "take over" and then try to sort out what the actual problem is right? We can trust our government to give us a good reason for all this right? We can trust that the military personnel will always know who needs killed right? If we knock of a bunch of civilians well that is the price we pay for being the end all know all country on earth. Oh man if this is how alot of people feel we will never be without war because our decisions apparently should not be questioned or directed.

As a nurse I know that each problem must be assessed and once the PROBLEM is established a plan of action is developed and long and short term goals are made, they are revisited closely to see that it is working, then we can heal!

Come on certainly we need to do some serious dialogue and compromise to make better plans for war!

I agree to a certain extent. My idea is to get our troops out and let the CIA and Special Forces do thier jobs. Both are affected by this war by not being able to use their full knowledge and resources! The military is trying to build a nation that quite simply wont happen! As poor and ineffective as Afghanistan seems or seemed to us, its actually one of the most important strategic locations in the world, many ethnicities, and a culture of war and killing dating to beginning times. We will never change that! In the beginning it was just, but now after many different ideas about our role there its time to get out of the money pit. I said this before and Ill say it again. Osama Bin Laden has a good effective plan on how to bring down a superpower. Get us into a long drawn out "bloody" war to drain us of our will and economy. It worked against the USSR and now look at us! Its more noticable with us because as we go the world goes! The CIA would be far more effective if our military wasnt there!

Well loserbob we agree on something? very cool, I do also think we should have some kind of special troops or CIA operatives or whatever who could make some headway here! I sure do hope we have them because that is what I have always heard and we ought to have used them from the get go and "get er done" I hate these long drawn out fake wars so many dying and being mamed for life families and children on both sides who really do not want anything but a job and to raise a family and get the kids educated.