Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Problem?

Hi everyone, it has been sometime since I have posted anything, but I do read your post every so often and really enjoy the advice you all give, now I need some with regard to my most recent fill. I had 3cc put in on Friday and I can really feel it. I was told to stick to Clear liquids thru the weekend, I tried, but the Isopure that I was told to drink was giving me the slimey's and Water even hurt to drink. So on Saturday I tried some crackers and a few cheese curls as I felt I need something and they kinda melt in your mouth and all was good. Then on Sunday I ate some cottage cheese and that was BAD. I got the slimes and then blah threw-it-up!!! Felt much better after that, but I never want to do that again. Later I had some mashed potatoes and a small piece of Keish for dinner all was good with that. So today I started off with my Amplify shake and did fine with that. I can still feel everything stop in my chest and it eventually goes down. Is this suppose to be the way it is? or do I need to be unfilled a little? I had the other half of Keish for lunch and some plain Ravoli for dinner, but my problem is with drinking liquids, I feel the need to gulp, but I cannot, Is this how it is suppose to feel and am I suppose to teach myself this new way of just sipping here and there? (I feel really thursty) I am so scared to eat for fear it will get stuck, so I have been sticking with these safe things that are not such good things to be eating and I am feeling guilty, I really want a salad or an omlette, but I am afraid. What to do? Sorry this post is all over the place, I am just confused!!!

Banded 8/4/05 53 pounds lost so far

It sounds like you might need a little bit taken out. I've been having problems too but unfortunately have very little fill left to be able for it to be adjusted (less than .3 altogether, had some removed so is less than that). I cannot currently each fruits & vegies (totally bummed) and a lot of other things. Pretty much anything beyond a mushie has resulted in being stuck and having to come up which is really miserable. I'm going to have to go in for a barium swallow to make sure everything is alright. What really bites is mine really can't be adjusted much more than it already is.

So for my two cents, go in and have a little removed so you can eat your fruits & vegies and so you won't be afraid to eat the good foods your body needs!

Sometimes the few days right after a fill are a little difficult, which may be due to swelling. That's why the doctors often want us to stay on liquids and mushies for a couple of days after a fill, until we know exactly how we're going to react.

If you can eat and drink, even slowly, then you might want to work with it rather than have an unfill. Restriction can change over time, and as you lose some weight it could loosen up. Just eat VERY SLOWLY, taking a minute or more between bites to let the last one go down. If it's truly painful or you are having trouble getting enough liquids down, an unfill can't hurt. But I know I've felt exactly as you describe and it's been temporary. Good luck!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches