Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

I know everythig will be fine...just nervous.:) I have to be in tomorrow at 6:am for surgery at 7:30. Wish me luck.

Talk to all of you soon.:biggrin:

Okey today I had my gallbladder remove. As of now I feel good, with a bit pain that is expected but overall okey...I have to recuperate fast for Monday finally the band.

Thank God my mom arrives on Wed. I don't think my husband can handle the 3 kids all by himself...they are small

4 yrs

2 yrs

and 7 months.

Would keep you guys updated!

ok, so tomorrow is my big day, starting to get nervous. I have to spend the night so I wont be able to update you all until saturday when I get home. Good luck to all those being banded tomorrow and those that were banded today.

Hi guys, was banded on Wed 9/22. I checked in at 11:30 and was scheduled for 2:30 but ended having it at 1:30.

Well still at the hospital because I was vomiting and couldn't keep my 30cc of Water in. So here I am..

Hi guys, was banded on Wed 9/22. I checked in at 11:30 and was scheduled for 2:30 but ended having it at 1:30.

Well still at the hospital because I was vomiting and couldn't keep my 30cc of Water in. So here I am..

mom05 I am glad to see that you posted to let us know you made it through okay... Terribly sorry to hear that your feeling nauseous. Boo!! Here's wishing you a quick release from the hospital and an even faster recovery!:biggrin:

Hi...Miss Joany,

Thanks for the reassuring post....Dr. Enochs is also doing my surgery...did you have a lot of pain from the hernia repair...I am counting the hours until Sat. am...I don't know why i feel so anxious...have had 2 CSections and hysterectomy and never remember these feelings...maybe the warm blankets will be calming!!

"Jan

Edited by jason's mom

Tiffany,

I feel MUCH better! My doctor prescribed a different pain med since the first one was denied..I have been out walking around which has helped the gas move so between that moving out and the pain med I am a happier person!

I am NOT looking forward to Monday..I will work a full day then immediately go to a meeting that I has been scheduled and I absolutely cannot get out of which will go from 5-10 pm then turn around and go back to work on Tuesday, so my first day back is overkill. Your Monday doesnt sound as though it is going to be a good day either.

I did not tell any of my co workers why I was off this week.

So many people think that the LAP-BAND® is an easy way out instead of a tool and a very strict process, so I guess some of it is being ashamed and embarrassed.

Have you had a Protein Shake yet? I am working on my first one since surgery yesterday. That seems to help my stomach too. I do not like being home all day watching tv LOL I think EVERY commercial is about FOOD!

Keep in touch would love to see how things progress for you too!

Take care!!

Kay

Eww... sounds like Monday is going to be a bear for you. Hopefully, all runs smoothly.

I took your advise, in stead of broth, I went for a Protein shake... Took a while to drink it.. but I could certainly say I felt full.

..and as far as the TV?!? You are SO RIGHT!! Never would have given it two thoughts before hand, but a liquid diet makes you sit up and pay attention to everything, and man, it all looked good!

We will definitely keep in touch!

September 13th was my LAP-BAND® procedure....current weight is 280.... Weight last Christmas was 307....Have only lost 7 pounds since surgery date....but I am able to eat soft foods already and am having a problem with head hunger and actually being hungry.:biggrin:

Hello again, Now that its been almost three weeks since my banding I feel really great and have been going nonstop. Saw the doc on 9/21 had the staples out and went to my first support group meeting. Many subjects were discussed and I must say it was very worthwile , but where were the thin people? There were many there who were banded one to two years ago and still have not lost their weight. Of course I hadn't seen them before but a BMI of 50 was the highest you could be to qualify for surgery. I must admit I was surprised. Well, all the more reason to work my program vigorously. I am still on mushies for another week and found a great recipe for an egg in a mug. Easy ,filling and high Protein. Spray a large mug with pam. put in the mug one light laughing cow cheese cut uo and 1/2 cup egg beaters, stir. Nuke on high 1 minute, then remove and stir and put back in microwave for another 30 to 45 seconds until not watery. The combinations are endless

only about 100 calories an about 15 gms of protein.

Hey I wonder how Brian LA is doing, I feel like he was our only guy, but I miss so many posts he probably posts every day, Hope you're recovering well Brian, and everyone else of course, I love seeing all the different recoveries, I too am 40 so hopefully I'll be laughing like you all are. hope all goes well with the scale, too, I got frustrated, I stopped losing weight when I weaned my daughter, I don't know if it cause I'm not letting the same Fluid out or what. but I'm on strike from the scale, I don't even feel hungery where I used to feel revenous, so that's good. sick of shakes, I'm gonna miss making shakes with ice in the blender, I hear that is awful post band, is this true, I love the shake like texture. Made the most gross shake today, some premixed vanilla and some diet orange pop, dont know what I was thinking, not a fan of orange pop even with sugar.

Oh gotta go make the kids a snack, happy equinox and full moon

Hi Lisa !

I am doing well. THANKS for asking. I am now doing Soups. Still doing shakes although not as much ... soups are nicer. I am now 2 weeks Post Op and feel fantastic. I 've lost around 20 lbs Post Op. And I have felt restriction and today I actually restricted so much that I actually threw up. NOT a good feeling. BUT I know my REALIZE Band is working. I still haven't gone back to work and might actually take another week off because my job does entail some decent physical activity.

-Brian :biggrin:

Ok cool, not sure how to do the friend thing so will wait for you. I found a 10,000 step program, so I could wear a pedometer on my treadmill. The ideal is to walk 10,000 steps a day. So that will be my goal. but will need to break it down into lots of baby steps. I need the motivation and encouragement of everyone to initiate an exercise program.:biggrin:

I guess I didn't do the friend thingy correctly, because it hadn't taken, I tried to reply to it again today. So hopefully we will be friends shortly.

Hello again, Now that its been almost three weeks since my banding I feel really great and have been going nonstop. Saw the doc on 9/21 had the staples out and went to my first support group meeting. Many subjects were discussed and I must say it was very worthwile , but where were the thin people? There were many there who were banded one to two years ago and still have not lost their weight. Of course I hadn't seen them before but a BMI of 50 was the highest you could be to qualify for surgery. I must admit I was surprised. Well, all the more reason to work my program vigorously. I am still on mushies for another week and found a great recipe for an egg in a mug. Easy ,filling and high Protein. Spray a large mug with pam. put in the mug one light laughing cow cheese cut uo and 1/2 cup egg beaters, stir. Nuke on high 1 minute, then remove and stir and put back in microwave for another 30 to 45 seconds until not watery. The combinations are endless

only about 100 calories an about 15 gms of protein.

Yummm will try that recipe. I can eat eggs, and oatmeal starting tomorrow. Going to try and drive to the grocery store. If I don't have enough energy will use the grocery store electric cart. I even called them to make sure I could not do any wheelies!! I know one person who had LAP-BAND® and one who had gastric bypass surgery. Both had gained all their weight back. But if you look at what they are eating....One has Starbucks drinks in her hand all day, and the other eats plates full of french fries with catsup. They must have reverted back to their old style of eating, which we know we cannot do. I will need to be vigilant of my eating. I work nights and the guys go out for dinner every night. I plan on bringing my lunch. I thought- hey I could have a milkshake. But I am not going to. Would it be worth it to have over 350 empty, sugary calories that might bring back my sweet tooth. No way, after all we have been through.

September 13th was my LAP-BAND®®®® procedure....current weight is 280.... Weight last Christmas was 307....Have only lost 7 pounds since surgery date....but I am able to eat soft foods already and am having a problem with head hunger and actually being hungry.:biggrin:

7 pounds is really awesome if you think about it!. I had been trying to get below 250 for almost two years, and finally did it. Every pound is a victory. I have had a few days where I have gotten really hungery, lightheaded and nauseous- I eat some yogurt and drink some more Water. I thought maybe I was dehydrated as well. I told my doctor on my first post op yesterday that I had a few days of being hungry and was told it was ok to eat more Protein to fill me up. I am so envious you can eat soft foods. Found one recipe from playermimi, if anyone has any more, let me know. I am going shopping first thing tomorrow morning, early, before the crowds, so I can move SLOWLY.

R u home now? I hope so.

Hi Lisa !

I am doing well. THANKS for asking. I am now doing Soups. Still doing shakes although not as much ... soups are nicer. I am now 2 weeks Post Op and feel fantastic. I 've lost around 20 lbs Post Op. And I have felt restriction and today I actually restricted so much that I actually threw up. NOT a good feeling. BUT I know my REALIZE Band is working. I still haven't gone back to work and might actually take another week off because my job does entail some decent physical activity.

-Brian :biggrin:

I was told that most people vomit at least once in the first two weeks. I had two times I felt nauseous, but kept it down. But I am terrified, so I am eating slowly. After my first post op visit yesterday, my friend took me out for lunch. The restaurant was nice enough to puree some chicken Soup for me, and I had apple juice too. I ate very slowly, I kept thinking oh no, what if I threw up. I am taking another week off too. I tried to pick up my kitties and my stiches pulled, so I guess you really can't pick up 20 pounds for 4 weeks. I love pureed soups, they are awesome. Glad you are coming along, can you believe we made it- yee haw!