Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Members speak-- whats in your fridge??

Whats in your fridge/ freezer/ pantry....

Be Honest!!!

:eek::ohmy::tt2::lol::w00t::mad::):present::wub::tt1:

For my consumption? I usually keep the following on hand:

Inspire whey Protein powder

PURE whey Protein Powder

a variety of beans/legumes

tuna packed in Water

Crystal Light peach iced tea mix

In the fridge:

smoked salmon

cheese

turkey breast

lettuce and spinach

shredded broccoli slaw mix

other veggies

shredded cabbage

Ken's Steakhouse Light Asian Sesame dressing

berries, seasonal fruits

chicken-black bean chili

Pasta e fagioli Soup, made without the Pasta (so, basically, a tomato-based bean soup)

In the freezer:

skinless, boneless chicken breast (which I eat far less often now that I have restriction)

ground beef

tilapia

mahi mahi

tuna steaks

salmon

shrimp

scallops

cod

boneless pork chops

tenderloin of pork

Basically, I eat 2-4 ounces of Protein (lean meat, poultry, fish or a combo of legumes and a little cheese) at each meal, plus nonstarchy veggies. I also have an occasional fruit (though I like veggies tons more, and lean toward them). I eat veggies as Snacks, too, when I'm hungry between meals.

There's other stuff in the house for my family---breads, pastas, rices, and so on.

awesome! thanks

Betsy...don't you love the Ken's Asian light salad dressing?! It has been a staple in my house for years now!

I have a lot of the same items that Betsy has in her fridge. Of course plenty of different things too because I am WAY pre surgery. However type of food is not really my issue as I eat pretty well. It is the quantity for me! :)

What's in my fridge? Lots of leftovers, lol! I usually keep lots of Water (with Crystal Light mixed in), Greek yogurt, cheese stix (not all for me, my 2 year old lives off those) and Snacks for Daddy and son (usually regular pudding, kiddie yogurt and applesauce). I don't keep a lot of sugar-free pudding in the fridge. I'll eat most of it in one day. I try to keep fresh fruit around but not too much since I don't eat a lot of it. I keep some frozen fruit, frozen salmon patties and whatever I think we will eat for supper in the freezer. I try to keep lots of canned tuna and salmon in the cupboard because I love those.

What does greek yogurt taste like?

It's thicker than regular yogurt and not as sweet. I usually add Splenda to sweeten it unless it's the fruit variety.

Fridge

Cherries

Watermelon

Leftover Ck Soup from last night

Squash

Broc

Cauliflower

Lite Grape Cran juice

OJ

Greek Yogurt

eggs

FF Cream cheese

Lite Laughing Cow cheese

I can't beleie it's butter spray

SF Choc puddings

Home Made Salsa

SF Jam

Lite mayo

Wasba Sauce

Freezer

Cat Fish- Filet Migon- Sal mon Patties - Lean Hamburger - Ham Hock - Pork Tenderloin - chicken

Various Frozen Veggie - spinach - carrots - brussell sprouts - corn -

Beyers Low Carb vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Variouse WW or Lean Cusine meals

Pantry

SF puddings Mixes

Tomato Sauce - Red Chille Sauce - El Pato (spicy mex tomato sauce)

Pure Protein Ready made shakes

Hummus chips

Rye crips Crackers

100 Cal snack Pack Popcorns

Spray Butter Pam

Paul Newman Marinar sauce

Whole Wheat Pasta

Rice

Instant Mashed Potatoes

oatmeal (steel cut)

Corn meal

Ice cream cones

Peanut Butter

SF Creamer

coffee

Tea

Splenda

tuna

Lite bread

Fridge

EAS Protein shakes

chicken broth

Butternut squash Soup

Fresh Veg from our garden

lemons and limes (for flavor in canned meats)

mayo

hummus

Home made greek yogurt

Freezer

Orgainic Pork, chicken

Swordfish steaks

Salmon

Talipia

home grown raspberries (for the yogurt)

sugar free popsicles

Pantry

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein Powder

crystal lite

canned tuna, sardiens, salmon, chicken, crab

SPICES SPICES SPICES (keeps everything from bland city)

olive oil

vinegar

different salts

this is what I keep on hand for me....then there are the rest of the people inthe house thats another list!! LOL!

What does greek yogurt taste like?

tastes more sour cream-y to me. I use it a lot for dips and for making items that call for sour cream. Like my Tomato and onion salad!

fridge

greek yogurt (substitute for sour cream or in Protein shakes)

bell peppers

onions

bananas

steak (for fajitas)

salsa

jalapenos

almond milk

tea

Water

left-overs

freezer

chicken

steak

hamburger meat

ground turkey

cod

tilapia

morning star Breakfast sausage

morning star meat balls (nummy)

Cabinet

Peanut Butter

blackeyed peas

grean Beans

spinich

canned salmon, tuna, and chicken

that's all I can really think of at the moment

At the moment, ummmmm

white bread

wholegrain bread

butter (never margarine)

skim milk (never buy juice or soft drinks at all)

greek yogurt

2 bottles of wine

various Condiments and sauces (a lot of Asian ingredients, love Thai cooking)

a big container of broccoli cheese Soup that I made for tomorrow night's dinner

a container of bolognaise sauce I made for tonight's dinner

ham, various cheeses (camembert, chedder, blue, goats)

cheese sticks

minced garlic and ginger

prunes

canned beetroot

strawberries, spinach, tomatoes, parsley, coriander, avocadoes, lettuce, carrots, potatoes, onions, zucchini, leeks, mushrooms, broccoli, cauli, snow peas, baby cucumbers,eggplant, blueberries, apples, oranges.

Freezer

various meats - steak, sausages, a leg of lamb, 2 legs of pork, 2 chickens, chicken breasts, mince, salmon and barramundi fillets

3 lamb shank casseroles

loads of zucchini and leek and thai pumpkin Soup in small containers

frozen vegies

frozen fruit for shakes and smoothies (oranges, bananas, strawberries)

pies and sausage rolls

pastry

frozen vegies

a couple of lean cuisines that are probably 2 years old

bolognaise sauce

2 home made lasagnes

chicken stock

In the pantry there's not a LOT of food. Baking ingredients such as flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, canned goods (baked Beans, Soups, tomatoes, coconut milk, condensed milk

dry goods (pastas and noodles)

All the glasses/mugs/large appliances such as slow cooker

cat food - wet and dry

bags, tupperware, general mess

spreads - vegemite, Peanut Butter, nuttella

cereals that nobody ever eats and I should throw out

tuna and chicken

bottled Pasta sauces

recipe bases

On TOP of the fridge is all the snack foods - atm there's pretzels, nuts of various types, bread sticks, plus barbecue shapes, tim tams (both aussie delicacies), chips and some almond roca (i try to never get started on that stuff), plus an opened bottle of red wine

Edited by Jachut