Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unfu$%ing believable!!!

I'm the least ignorant poster you will find on these threads when it comes to political issues. Therefore, I stand behind everything I have posted about the tea party as correct. They do protest what they call big government, big spending, decry their loss of freedoms, and their hatred for Obama is evident. I didn't say they wanted no government. And you still haven't answered my question about private property and who has the right to dictate how it is used outside of applicable zoning laws.

The original poster blamed this mosque issue on Obama if he "didn't do something about it". That's why I made that comment.

No new churches aren't being built next to ground zero because land is at a premium. But I did notice a Verizon building right next to ground zero. This proposed mosque is already a building, they are just adding to it. And ground zero will be a memorial to those who died and those who tried to help them and symbol of America's strength and fortitude and a resolution that we will not be knocked down. We are stronger than that.

I don't see how some mosque two blocks away will threaten that.

If its not a problem why is there so much outrage, why didnt they just do it? Because people are pissed, thats why!

If its not a problem why is there so much outrage, why didnt they just do it? Because people are pissed, thats why!

I'm sure cm will tell you anyone who is against it is a right wing, christian fundy, republican, warmongering, racist. She can't see past her liberal ideals of how the world "should" work, she doesn't see how the world actually "does" work.

Why didn't who do what? There will always be people who hate people who aren't like them and will oppose anything by and for them - whether it is blacks, women, hispanics, jews or muslims.

This is just another issue for the angry, white necons to get angry over. They represent about 20% of our population, always have, always will, but have become more vocal since Obama became president.

I'm sure cm will tell you anyone who is against it is a right wing, christian fundy, republican, warmongering, racist. She can't see past her liberal ideals of how the world "should" work, she doesn't see how the world actually "does" work.

I absolutely know how this country shouldn't work and that's how it was under bush - the lost decade when we lost our retirement, savings, home values and earnings. He took a surplus and turned it into a deficit and started an unnecessary war costing billions in dollars and thousands in lives. And the necons view of how the world works comes from none other than cheney who has zero credibilty. Like any of them have any credibility when it comes to foreign policy or how the world works. They got every freakin' thing wrong with the war in Iraq, from WMD, to being greeted as liberators, to how long it would last to how much it would cost, to having no exit strategy, to saying Al-Qaeda was there - THEY GOT NOTHING RIGHT. So, yeah, like I'm going to listen to any of them about the real world. :thumbup:

Here's the "apple" (re: the building where the mosque will be):

The five-story building on Park Place, a few blocks north of Wall Street, was completed between 1857 and 1858 and is an Italian Renaissance-inspired palazzo. It formerly housed a department store, which closed after the building was damaged on Sept. 11. Muslim prayer service is held at the building at least one day a week.

The church is 200 years old, this building is 152, so what's your point?

I did the google search. Couldn't come up with anything but I'm sure you can give us your websites.

You said church and building, not church and mosque, if you would like to open a department store there again have at it, I wouldnt be angry as long as you didnt sale islamic items, hell you can even hire muslims to work there!

APPLE, its always been a church for 200 years!

Orange, It will be a mosque a few years after the worst catastrophe in American history(not caused by nature), ironically caused by the same (muslims) people who caused the catastrophe!

(the building is 152, not the mosque, thats the difference, again, cut and dry, whats next?

What if they blew up your place of worship and decided tgo put a mosque there, would it be ok with you?

Besides this is a Christian country!

I absolutely know how this country shouldn't work and that's how it was under bush - the lost decade when we lost our retirement, savings, home values and earnings. He took a surplus and turned it into a deficit and started an unnecessary war costing billions in dollars and thousands in lives. And the necons view of how the world works comes from none other than cheney who has zero credibilty. Like any of them have any credibility when it comes to foreign policy or how the world works. They got every freakin' thing wrong with the war in Iraq, from WMD, to being greeted as liberators, to how long it would last to how much it would cost, to having no exit strategy, to saying Al-Qaeda was there - THEY GOT NOTHING RIGHT. So, yeah, like I'm going to listen to any of them about the real world. :biggrin:

Ok, you got me here, I agree!

Why didn't who do what? There will always be people who hate people who aren't like them and will oppose anything by and for them - whether it is blacks, women, hispanics, jews or muslims.

This is just another issue for the angry, white necons to get angry over. They represent about 20% of our population, always have, always will, but have become more vocal since Obama became president.

Offically put a mosque there.

Ill guarantee you it aint just neocons, there are moonbats also who are pissed. just the far left like yourself who think we can live in peace and harmony. Actually moonbats are farleft, how about right-left, left-right, top-bottom, over-under, no thats in gambling.

I absolutely know how this country shouldn't work and that's how it was under bush - the lost decade when we lost our retirement, savings, home values and earnings. He took a surplus and turned it into a deficit and started an unnecessary war costing billions in dollars and thousands in lives. And the necons view of how the world works comes from none other than cheney who has zero credibilty. Like any of them have any credibility when it comes to foreign policy or how the world works. They got every freakin' thing wrong with the war in Iraq, from WMD, to being greeted as liberators, to how long it would last to how much it would cost, to having no exit strategy, to saying Al-Qaeda was there - THEY GOT NOTHING RIGHT. So, yeah, like I'm going to listen to any of them about the real world. :biggrin:

Who the hell is talking about foreign policy? This is not a conversation about bush and Cheney. It's about putting a mosque the building that the people who attacked America and killed thousands of YOUR fellow countrymen worship at. And now their going to put up a place of "worship" because some Muslims died there? Give me a break. What is the percentage of Muslims that died in comparison to none Muslims? I will go ahead and say that if it's even close to the same then I'd be okay with them maybe putting a plaque o something there but not a mosque. And they aren't talking about a little remodel and a coat of paint, this is quite the undertaking that is proposed. You talk about how the right blames bo for everything, well you just took a conversation that had little to do with any president and somehow were able to spin some Bush bashing into it. Do you feel better now? Congrats. Now back to tue topic. Why would these Muslims who KNOW how angry this is making many, many people all around "their" nation, want to continue this? It's the disgusting uber liberalism of this country that every little group should get what they want no matter what or who it angers as long as the minority is happy. As we say in the fire service this is JUNK!

I dont care if your not like me, aCTUALLY i KNOW THERE IS NOBODY LIKE ME AND i UNDERSTAND IT AND HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT.(SORRY i HIT CAPLOC AND DONT FEEL LIKE CGANGING IT)just dont blow me and or 3000 of my fellow citizens to smithereens and we'll be ok! And yes Im very angry with this group because they did blow up 3000 innocent people! Guilty by assoc I guess!

Since you try to make me sound racist against every group, first of all you should apologize to hispanics for "lumping" them in with islamo nuts. Second, I dont dislike hispanics, theyre doing what they have to do to survive(and Pedro Alvarez is looking like a major brightspot for hope when it comes to the Pirates). I dont like the fact that we dont uphold the laws we have!

Im waiting for answers and am not getting any. Im not concerned with Daisey Kahn,(peace nut, hence the name Daisey, What the hell do you expect her to say, she's muslim),Articles from the paper, I need answers from you. Laws are Laws but logic is logic, with the outcry its causing and I guess you dont see it or refuse to acknowledge it, why dont they do the logical thing and move it somewhere else?

The thing that really pisses me off about these subjects is, My family haS BEEN HERE FOR MANY GENERATIONS, Many family and friends fought for the very rights I feel are being stripped away by the far left belief that all is well, we can live in peace if we just lay down our guns.MOST OF THESE PEOPLE ARE FIRST, SOME 2ND GEN AND iM LOSING my rights TO THESE NEW PEOPLE. They really havent done anything to earn rights other than the fact that they moved here because of them, Ill agree this point of view is not the way it works but thats probably where my feelings stem from!

You're the one spinning things. The age of the building is irrelevant. As is the age of the church. You said there were no churches near ground zero. Not true. And the proposed mosque is two blocks from ground zero, not right next to it.

I asked this question before but have not received an answer. This is a privately owned building. Do you want government to tell somewhat what they can do with privately owned property that doesn't violate zoning laws?

I really don't care one way or another whether they build or create a mosque there or not. I just find it yet another issue that those on the right can get angry and yell about and try to blame Obama for.

And when posters who argue with me have nothing, they start attacking me personally. As you have.

And P.S. Still waiting for those websites.

Again your making this left, right. Im sure there are alot of leftys who are mad also. just like the immigration law, you say left against, right for but polls show Americans overall would support the Arizona law in their state.

Your really losing credibility with me(IM sure you care),believing illegals who are here should be allowed here even though, lawfully they are not and you see no moral issue with the mosque!

Actually the part about the illegals here should be allowed here is hypocritical of you, remember a law is a law and the law states you cant be here if not done through the legal process. And the other hypocritical part is, Obama cant do anything about the mosque because its private property and therefore legal but he can allow illegals to be here legally even though the "LAW" says different! Again, losing credebility because like Patty Green, its ok if you support it but not if your against it!

By the way, with Patty Green gone for 2 weeks maybe we should all take a "vacation" from any religious bs. Enjoy it while we can!

This thread is getting out of hand. As such, I'm closing this thread.