Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

exercise?

Are you all exercising? If so, what are you doing?

I began the "Walk away the Pounds" system today. I like it, it's very low impact, but it gets the heart rate up and you can do it in the home.

My husband bought some Windsor pilates cds but I haven't tried those yet. Anyone ever done these? If so, did you like it?

No one here is excercising??? Bad, bad bandsters!!!

I just watched the pilates cd last night, and it seems like a lot of stretching and toning. Perhaps this will keep the skin a little tighter???

well I just started using my great GoodWill find. I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow and I just started using a Nordic Track that I picked up at the GoodWill for $4!!!! I don't have much endurance - as I'm sure you would understand that - but I have it in my dining room and everytime I pass it I hope on even if it's only for a few minutes!

I'm not a particularly dedicated exerciser unfortunately - but it IS getting easier to exercise as I get smaller. I walk for the most part. Now that it's icy and snowy out, I'm going to start mall-walking. :rolleyes:

I haven't started exercising yet...I never sit my ass down but I do need to use my treadmill other than a second bedroom fixture...

I bought Windsor Pilates a few months back and it was hard because of my size...I want to start using it because I like yoga and pilates however it is a lot of stretching and I think I may wait a bit more until I'm sure I won't hurt my sutures and I'm a little smaller...

The Nordic Track was a great find! I have one at my Mom's house and used to use it religiously when I was small...hmmm...maybe that was the secret!

;) I just got off the cycle!

I try and do an hour non-stop, twice a week.

If nothing else my legs will get thin:rolleyes:

Does chaseing kids count as excersize?

I belonged to Curves for a few months...it was nice, but I need a little more. It might be the perfect thing for the very busy person because the workout is only 30 minutes long. My biggest thing right now is doing aerobic tapes...I really like old school funny ones. Also, the treadmill has become my bestfriend, it has helped me build up great leg strength and tightened my butt. Good luck hun and keep up the work!

I've been keeping up with the "walk away the pounds" tape. I've set a goal of 5xs per week, and so far I've been doing that.

I also haven't started the Pilates, because of the same reasons you mentioned, but I think I'll start when my incisions have had more time to heal. I hope it will help my skin go back some....but I really think I see a Tummy Tuck in my future. But I'm willing to do everything I can to avoid that.

well I just started using my great GoodWill find. I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow and I just started using a Nordic Track that I picked up at the GoodWill for $4!!!! I don't have much endurance - as I'm sure you would understand that - but I have it in my dining room and everytime I pass it I hope on even if it's only for a few minutes!

Carmen!!!! i have been looking on ebay and in the papers for used exercise equipment but didnt want/couldnt afford to pay for equipment i went to the Goodwill Outlet in nashville and they had about 30 pieces of equipment. i bought a stairstepper (not that pretty but very sturdy) a cardioglide that was in great condition plus a pair of brown corderouys for the whopping price of $6.06!!!!!!!!! all exercise equip is $2 a peice!!!!!! i took my brother who is anti-goodwill and a serious exerciser and even he was in shock at my STEAL!!!

thanks for reminding me to check the goodwill!

Guest ROBERTA JONES

I have to say I work out faithfully 3 times a week. I go to a gym. 30 min cardio and 30 min of weights. I was really worried about the excess skin so I make sure I go 3 times a week. Although my upper arms are still blowing in the wind. I try.

The one time I lost any significant weight (50lbs) I combined cardio exercise (walking) and lifted weights. I found the weights really made a BIG difference. In the walking workout I'm doing now, I'm using one pound weights. I hope to get back to lifting more seriously when I get stronger.

It's amazing how FAST your body can decline. Six years ago, I'd lost weight down to 185 and was lifting and walking. My ex left me and in addition to trying to finish grad school and raising two small children I had to start working. So my exercise routine went out the window. Two years later I remarried, got pregnant and was on bedrest from 11 weeks on. Nine months after having the baby I got pregnant again.

My body is a wreck at this point. I have to go slowly in getting it back into some kind of shape. That laying in bed for months really did a number on me.

Slowly climbing up out of the hole and starting up the mountain....

i know what you mean about your body declining!!! i once hiked 30 miles throught the smoky mountains!!! now i can walk a mile but cant wait to start FEELING the difference from working out!!! i am going to start out doing 4 times a week with the minimum amount of time i can do and gradually climbing my way up to 'real workout'!!!

Hey girl,

What a bargain!!!! I have an exercise bike that I've had for years and hate going on it! It hurts my butt and my back aches- I think it is the angle. If I could get a cardioglide for 2 bucks I'd snap it up!

I plan to walk like crazy- luckily the weather here in Dallas is fine at the moment.

hey seanmamma~

you can get gel seatcovers for bikes although mine never helped!!! i always felt like i needed a pillow to sit on!

i love walking outside. there is a trail right by my house but it has been FREEZING outside (ok any northerners i know its REALLY freezing up there but since losing weight i can get warm!)

michelle