Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on June 30th...and haven't really lost any weight. I don't have a lot of restriction, and I understand "bandster hell"...but...shouldn't being on a liquid diet produce SOME results?? Frustrating...

I was banded the day before you. The morning of my surgery, at home I weighed (naked) 225. This morning (naked) I weighed 216. A total of 9 lbs lost according to my home scale. Today at my post op Dr. appt, the Doc said he had my weight as 221 (clothed) the day of surgery and 217 (clothed) today. A total of 4 lbs. lost.

So, I have been thinking I was doing great, but after what he told me today (which he says is good weight loss for just 10 days) I am feeling a little down..........especially because I am hungry.

Same thing happened to me. I did not lose much the first two weeks of surgery. When I started eating more and walking daily the weight started coming off. Banded May 28 and lost 33 pounds so far.

Your body may be thinking you are "starving" and go into starvation mode. When that happens it holds on to every last bit of fat and calories that it can. Just like the prev poster said, once you are eating more and exercising you will lose more. I was so worried about this too at first. I did lose alot on my liquids, but then when I went to mushies I put on a quick 7lbs. I was sooooo :ohmy: thinking "my god, I have to eat...I can't live on liquids forever, but I just gained 7 flipping pounds". Everyone on here and my dr assured me that it was normal and it would fall off quickly. i had my doubts, but they were right :). Just give it more time, I know I had "buyers remorse" for a while and cried my eyes out for 2 weeks. Now if they want my band back, they have to rip it from my cold dead body :cursing:.

Hello, I was also banded on 6/30. I lost 6 lbs before my surgery on the preop doet and 7 lbs after (according to my scale) I have not had a follow up with the dr yet. I have started mushies and have not lost anymore weight. Glad to see Im not the only one :) Good luck!

You all need to keep in mind that your first 4-6 weeks is healing time not to worry about losing weight! You need to give your band time to heal and to adjust to being inside your body. You do not have any restriction right now. You are swollen from the surgery. You were put on an IV when you were at the hospital that was full of liquids..so you gained weight there. This was a MAJOR surgery. I know this is much easier said than done..put the scale away until after your first fill. Then you can focus on losing weight. As Chickadee said you have to be eating and working out before things will start to happen. Bandster hell is just what that...emotions going crazy!! Right now focus on getting your liquids in and as much Protein in that you can. You need this to heal properly and to sustain some sort of energy level. Think about going on mushies and what you will be making...start planning those menus. I wish you all the very best!

I totally second this. What happened to the Read This Newbie's post that explains no weight loss right after surgery?? Your body is healing and in freak out zone after surgery.

Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Find ways to increase your Protein on liquids. You can do this... Stay away from sugar, and increase protein. I put chicken, hamburger, tofu, Beans, cheese, pork,eggs, etc into the blender and thinned it with chicken broth to the consistency I needed for the stage I was in. I second the other posts though, be patient, it will happen. Hugs!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches