Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

45 minutes of Zumba Class

Worked out with my trainer for the first time for real last night. He kicked my butt.

I walked two miles, and did 20 mins. on Wii "Just Dance".

I met my goals for the week, if you count going to Zumba and just moving my feet "attending a Zumba class".

I have no coordination, but I kept moving.

I actually did two Water aerobics classes this week. I enjoy them and its a change of pace from the elliptical.

Meet with a trainer tomorrow to start lower body (first time since surgery 5/26) and get measured. I've been at the gym four weeks today!!! :)

Second day with my trainer. He is really working me. Did a lot of new things today. I will see him twice a week for an hour and go to do elliptical and recumbent bike four days.

I am really sore. He said I will hurt for the first two weeks. Yuck! But at least I know I am doing something.

I am starting to lose weight again and my measurements are smaller today, so I am going the right direction now!

So glad everyone is doing well and keeping moving!

Good job with all the exercising guys!!! I'm having a rough week. I was doing approx 200+ minutes of walking a week. My sister and niece are here from Delaware visiting. So far I have only walked 105 minutes and I only have two days left. My goal is to try to go for a short walk tonight and tomorrow and get as close to 200 as I can! Good luck everyone!!! :confused:

Don't beat yourself up - just do what you can. Remember we are in this for the loong haul so there will be times we do less and times we do more. It is ok.

I would bet you are still doing more than you were before you started losing weight.

Before banding I was doing NOTHING but sit on the couch and sit at my desk. So everything I do is more than I was. When I think about that it takes the pressure off and I enjoy what I am doing more.

I made it to the gym today with the intent of 30 minutes of cardio and ended up doing 10 on the elliptcal, 10 on the arm bike, 10 on the recumbent bike and 10on the cross trainer plus walked another 5. It actually felt pretty good today.

Hang in there!

I did 40 minutes of walk/jog on the treadmill. Also worked out with my trainer- back and chest. She always kicks my butt lol.

20 minute walk, 40 minutes of Biggest Loser Cardio Max- holy crap that is a good workout!!!

I need five minutes more for my goal - gonna do a quick WII workout this evening. Next week shooting for 175 decided to increase by five minutes a week.

165/170

I have been banded since 7/3/2010. I feel good weight is coming off good, eating right. No real discomfort from the surgery. Wondering when it would be safe to start exercising such as the treadmill? Any suggestions?

I was told walking is fine from day one. I walked a quarter mile the day I had my surgery and built up from there. Treadmill is walking so it should be fine.

Anything else, I was told 6 weekes out. You need to make sure you don't pull on your stitches before they are healed inside (outside stitches heal in about 2-3 weeks but inside stitches take 4-6 weeks to be fully healed).

Just work up slowly and don't overdo too early.

I had a good week with exercise and met the goals I set, but I need to do more during the weekend, and add some lower body weights next week.

Still have minor left-side pain from pulling a muscle last Sunday.

I walked for 60 minutes this evening which felt nice! I want to start jogging/running, but not sure how to get started. I know what you mean Sandra..I need to add weights to my exercise regimen too.

I think the best way to start jogging/running is to walk for a while, then jog for 1 minute; walk some more and jog for another minute. Do this 2 or three times when you walk and then increase the jog time to two minutes, etc.

For me, I like the jogging better tahn the walking so building up was easy. It felt better. Unfortunately, my knees are just not able to let me jog right now. I hope to get back to that point ni the future.

Good luck.

Did 40 minutes on the treadmill- walk/jog. I go to my trainer this afternoon- we'll do legs. I really didn't want to go this morning, but am sooooo glad I did.