Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

no recent fill, but Dr thinks band might suddenly be too tight?

Anyone else have this? I haven't had a fill since the beginning of May (almost two months). In the last ten days, I've suddenly developed a weird pain. Sometimes when I eat (no matter what I eat or how fast I eat) I get a sharp stabbing pain under my right breast. It's not when I've eaten a lot or eaten the wrong thing. It normally happens after just 1-2 bites. It happens at least once a day. I often have to burp back up or try and vomit what I've just eaten to relieve the pain. I talked to the Dr and they think my band might suddenly be too tight (again, I haven't had a recent fill). They had me come in this morning and took .3cc out. If it doesn't improve, then they think theres the possibility of a band slip.

My question is, has anyone's band suddenly become "too tight", even without a recent fill?

Mine seems to fluctuate with how loose and tight it is. When it felt loose for a few days and I could eat more, I'd get worried and go ahead and schedule a fill, only to cancel it a few days or a week later because it had tightened back up. That's happened to me so many times that it's going to take a lot for me to really believe I need another fill! A few times if I've felt TOO tight I've gone on liquids for a day or two; I don't know if it is that which helps, but the tightness eventually goes away again.

The thing is, I don't feel tight. I just have a sharp stabbing pain when I eating sometimes. It doesn't happen at every meal and sometimes the same meal will hurt one day but not the next.

I had problems with getting too tight even when tests revealed my band was loose. We're still trying to figure it out. Right now all Fluid is out of my band and I feel 100% better.

However, has anyone mentioned gallbladder to you? That sounds like it could be your gb.

Keep us posted.

Mimi, I guess it's true that great minds think alike! :-)

So I looked up info on gallbladder, and it says the sharp pains are on the right side. Mine are all on my left side under my left breast. The pains have subdued, and I can eat, but it seems I vomit at least once a day (not full-on vomiting, but regurgitating what I just ate).

You said right side in your initial post so I was thinking gallbladder too. I had similar "odd" pains on my left along with nausea when I was hungry or full. My doc told me that sometimes the only symptom of reflux is nausea. A prescription acid reducer helped me. But I had the sonogram of my gallbladder too--mine showed no stones. I go back Friday and will let you know if the doc says anything else.

Do you still have your gallbladder ? I lost mine 3 months after surgery,just a thought

Sorry for the misinformation. I have got to stop smoking crack.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches