Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 3 Post Op..is this normal

I felt great up until now. I feel queasy, light headed, and sick to my stomach. My doctor just called me in some reglan and said I could be dehydrated or coming off the anesthesia. I am also producing a lot of saliva.

Anyone have symptoms of this? I am having a hard time getting my 4oz in an hr. He said I might have to go back to the hospital to get hydrated.

Hi Lauren, I am also 3 days out and although my incisions are still hurting, they are much better... but I, like you, have had a very hard day. I am feeling nauseous, and have a lot of pressure over my stomach, where I imagine my band is. I think I've got gas there, so I've been taking gax x strips and applying heat. I've also had a really hard time getting my fluids in.. almost like there is a bubble. I'm sticking to clears today, except for my Protein Drink, which I have a few sips of every other hour. thought I'd be feeling a bit better by now! oh well... no regrets!!!!

hi i also got banded on monday..Monday night about 1:00 a.m. I woke up with tons of pain in my lower abdomen. I hadn't peed much and was dying of thirst. I started drinking, walking, drinking, walking, etc. I though for sure I had a UTI. Tuesday morning by 9:00 a.m. I was a little better. They gave me meds for a UTI and sent me home. I walked, drank, walked pretty much the entire day at home and most of that night. Today, four days out, I still have some gas pains in my upper left arm and burp, when getting up and down. I need to keep walking and can eat 6oz of my Protein Shake in an hour. Love my popsicles and can't stand the taste of my pain meds. I take them because I don't have any reason to prove to anyone that I'm strong through this. I have reduced the amount though...Hang in there guys.. and all I can say is walk. I even swept the kitchen living room and dining room at 4:00 a.m. today for something to do..:thumbup:

wow 10 days post op here and I will tell you. For the first 5 days or so I really was getting only about 20 oz of Water. I felt AWFUL. After about day 7 I started to feel more normal. I still have some gas pains. ANd I'm up to about 32 oz or so of Fluid.

Keep hydrated. You will feel better!

Hello....I had the same exact thing happen to me. I was feeling pretty good after surgery and then about day 4 o5 five started feelign dizzy and nausea. My stomach was so tight. I was having a hard time getting much down not because I was vomitting but because my Fluid would just sit there. So I called my doctor and they had me come in. come to find out... I already ahd 3 cc in my band. He let it all out and I was fine after that. I have never felt better. I have lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks, which I know some people lose way more way faster but I am happy. Wish you the best of luck.

Sounds like my day 4.

Just wait until you get on the scale tomorrow. Day 4 was no fun but I lost 5 pounds that day.

I had my surgery on Monday and the pain is better. I stopped the pain meds and am taking extra strength Tylenol. I'm so sleepy and am having trouble drinking a lot of anything. I've been drinking 2-4oz shakes and Water, but I just made some cream Soup because my stomach was screaming at me and I found it went down pretty good. I was having a tough time with fluids going down really slow and yes it does feel like a bubble is there. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like that.