Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you find time to do it all? Having time issues....

I'm having a real time issue. I just don't see how there are enough hours in the day to do it all.

I'm supposed to eat 3 meals a day and be able to stay full for 4 hours. I just don't see how this is possible.

I eat Breakfast at work at about 9:00 am. I have 2 options for lunch (12:30), leave work and eat out or eat in my office where I am constantly interrupted and it takes me an hour to eat which allows time for very little to stay in my pouch to keep me full.

So..I'm done eating at about 1:00. 4 hours later it's 5:00, I'm leaving work and HUNGRY!! By the time I get home it's 5:30...by 6:30 dinner has been cooked, eaten, and dishes are in the sink. 20 minutes back into town to the gym for an hour and 20 minutes to drive back home. So, it's now about 8:30 and I'm barely getting home again, the mail needs opened and addressed, bills need paid, kids want attention, animals want food & Water, laundry needs done, dishes are still sitting in the sink and I'm exhausted!!

Two nights a week. we have to be back in Idaho Falls by 6:30 for my son's karate lessons that last until 8:30. I get 15 minutes to make dinner and eat on those nights.

I'm really struggling here and could really use some time-management help. Please...anyone....please share how you manage to do it all. I think I'm most frustrated with how I'm supposed to eat at noon, then not until 6:30 and not be hungry without having a snack.< /p>

Before being banded we'd eat out on karate nights. And normally my husband is really good about doing laundry and getting dinner started but he had some major surgery last week and so I'm trying to keep up with everything he did during the day (he normally works nights), take of him, cook nutritious meals, and find time to exercise too.

I'm so overwhelmed....Any suggestions????

Edited by amey_idaho
added information

My surgeon allows one healthy snack. Try some veggies, it wont hurt :-)

have the snack. Sometimes you cant follow the reccomendations to the letter...everyone's life is different...there is room for individual modifications. check out this blog about sucessful bansters and you will see what I mean. S.O.B. Stories

Wow you are trying to do it all! Just reading your post makes me tired.

There is nothing wrong with having a healthy snack around 4 before you leave work, to help you get through the day and feel less stressed. Try a small yogurt, string cheese, applesauce, small fruit cup, some carrots, a piece of fresh fruit, or a small hand full of healthy nuts. You will eat less overall and eat better if you are not starved by the time you get home and get dinner on the table.

You might also try working out at home a few nights a week, taking a walk with the kids, riding a bike or something so that you save 40 minutes a day and then go the gym on weekend days when you have more time.

Just a few ideas, best of luck to you.

A Protein Bar for a snack would help a lot. It would hold you for 2-3 hours until you cook or get a real meal. I found one that is like a Payday candy bar and the Zone bars are good, too. Good Luck & God Bless You.

So I took all your advice today and had a snack at 4:00...string cheese and 1/2 c grapes. It totally did the trick :sigh:

I was able to go to the gym straight from work and do step aerobics for an hour then come home and make dinner without feeling like I was starving.

Thank you all so much...I really appreciate the help....it made a big difference today :)

I live a similar lifestyle and its really hard to continue to eat well.

I do fall into funks where I live on coffee and sugar hits about eight times a day and only realise several days later that I've barely eaten anything except cookies! I never have time for Breakfast in the morning as I have to leave the house by 7.30 and get 3 kids ready for school as well as myself.

The solution to that is eat at work but now I'm bored sh*tless with the limited options I have in my desk - this morning I made an egg flip (I dont do Protein shakes) which I carried around as I got ready.

lunch is a non issue for me as a teacher, I get an hour and I either eat in the staffroom or spend the hour in my classroom working and eating without interruption. Yard duty days can be hard as I only ahve 20 minutes to eat so I have to take something easy those days.

I eat a healthy snack in the car on the way home, I was stopping at the petrol station and buying junk so I've nixed that by keeping nuts in my car or if I dont fancy that, I've got a box of healthy muesli bars in my car. This stops the all out cookie binge when I walk out the door.

dinner is the worst, I skip it sooooo often due to just being so flipping busy I have to run from this sports training to that, to this school function, get my run or bootcamp in, supervise homework, clean, etc. Its just a matter of strictly sitting down to eat.