Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Hey gang~

I just got back from the church and I loved it! The one "reservation" I have is the lack of God as the spiritual guide...well, God is there, but it is not the force that moves the church. I LOVE the social and political issues, the human dignity issues, and the completely inclusive natures. I will forever be a Italian Roman Catholic, and will keep going on the "big days", but I would like to investigate this church more. Although I am Catholic, I will NEVER apologize or confess to being in a loving a committed relationship w/ the love of my life. There is nothing wrong w/ my life...and I want to feel proud in my church, not silenced.

There is a complete sense of social servitude that I loved. And their 7 principals are entirely aligned with the Mission of the Human Rights Commission. Time will tell...but it felt right. I would LOVE to get Susanne to go. We will see!

OK...off to read for a bit. Going to Jenny's for dinner later! I see a NAP in my future!

xoxoxoxo

I thought I saw the Bobster there...but couldn't get his attention cause he was rockin' out and head bangin' soooo hard! Rock on Bob!

I thought I saw the Bobster there...but couldn't get his attention cause he was rockin' out and head bangin' soooo hard! Rock on Bob!

Ummmm, you said you met up with him. Now you don't know if you saw him? Fickle woman!!!

Hey... not being pushy... just FYI... Interdenominational Liberal Protestant Christian Church

This is an ONA new church start. (open and affirming). Try it Mikey.. you might like it!:)

Pamela, there's always the Episcopal church -- feels Catholic without the guilt!!

The paperweights that I bought did not sell! I am really surprised. I will wait another week and relist them. I honestly don't think I had them priced too high. I think if anything I might have priced them too low and people might have thought there was something wrong with them?

Oh well.

Went swimming today at my sisters and it was nice. I thought about Pamela's pool when I was in it. I guess moving my hand around aggravated my thumb and it is really achy tonight. I am going to the ortho next week to make sure I didn't do anything too terrible to it. Who ever would think a thumb could be this much of a pain in the a##!

I get so sidetracked.............

Okay, off to bed

Good Monday morn, Vi's~~

Out early each day for the next two weeks to take DD to her riding camp. She's so excited!

Lots of work to do this week, + I have to get DS organized & packed up for his first "away" soccer camp of the summer, in Philly. He leaves Sat. We're going shopping tomorrow (fan, more sports gear, Snacks, cases of waters!)... yesterday I bought him his own first-ever lil' bottle of clothes detergent! :scared2:

Everyone make it a great day!

Good morning, Violets..

The sun is trying to peek through. Temperature is only supposed to get to 70 today. I need some pool time!! I have my hospital shift this morning and then off to the backyard to trim and then take pictures. We are done planting... just a little cleaning up to do and we are ready for the garden walk! I can't believe how much we've done to the garden just this year. I have a couple of daisies that look iffy and we'll replace them before the walk if they don't perk up, but other than that everything looks great. I'm going to get a wisteria vine today.. so excited I found one in town that is reasonably priced and healthy looking.

Two weeks from Wednesday is the big surgery. I'm looking forward to it being over and done. Everyone keeps telling me about the pain and I'm trying to block that part out. Don't know why they feel compelled to remind me of that part! At least with the band unfilled, I'll be able to swallow pain pills easier.

Going to go book a hotel for our overnight to the lap band doc. for an unfill. It's a 4 hour drive and our appt. is at 10:45 a.m. so we'll go the night before and have the next day for shopping after the unfill.

Off to find breakfast.. everyone have a good day!

Morning girls~

Judy, thanks for that link...it is only 5 min from my old house! I'll keep it in mind as I continue my journey. Problem is I can't make a clean break from the Catholic church (my mom is rolling in her grave)...but want to fill in a void. The search continues!

Jane, sorry that thumb is still bothering you. It is weird how you don't think of something...until it is hurting. Like think of your pinky toe...no one gives it a second thought...until you hurt it!

Michelle, did your family recoup from the USA loss. I thought of your fam as soon as I heard.

Hey Laura and Haydee...whats up mamas!?!

Well, after thinking about it for a couple of weeks, I went and did 30 min of cardio. A little over 8 songs....that's it! I did 15 min of eliptical and 15 of treadmil. I could've done more eliptical but I really feel it in my knee muscles and didn't want to over do it..so I am not too sore and can go tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will also add arms. I was talking to Jenny and we were saying how good we feel leaving the gym and how great we feel all day after a workout...but why do we resist the "feel good" part and talk ourselves out of it all the time.

Today, my bro and nephew are coming over to go swimming. We were gonna bbq but it is HOT at 107...I think out to lunch is better!

I am going to Nikki's house this am to make Haydee's wedding shadow box!!! Can't wait to make it. It is not a surprise, I told Haydee that I will make her present after the wedding. I actually have a dried rose in PERFECT CONDITION from her centerpiece. Plus all the other goodies I got! Hope it turns out nice...I will save it for her for Sept...don't want to mail it. So Haydee, save room in your carry on. I'll post pix or send 'em to your cells when I am done!

oxoxxoxo

Here's a list of common ones...

This one you can do just by looking south: if you're carrying high, break out the pink. If your bump is low, you're carrying a boy. I was in between, not high or low - Unknown

According to legend, 140+ beats per minute indicates a girl, and below 140 a boy.(Carson was above 140...debunked!). Ayla was over 140 most of the time - Girl

Craving ice cream every single day? Some people believe this means it's a girl. If you have to have salty or sour stuff, then it's a boy. I liked sweet and salty. I had cravings for marinated mushrooms and olives and jalepenos - Boy

This one's a little out there. Pee in a cup,mix a tablespoon of Drano in, and watch to see if it changes color. Green = girl, and blue = boy. Didn't try it :0) - Unknown

Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy. Odd age and even year - Boy

This is one for a friend to try. Place a key in front of your preggo friend and ask her to pick it up. If she grabs it by the narrow part, she's in for sugar and spice and all that. If she picks it up by the round part, it's snips and snails. Didn't try it :0) - Unknown but I know I would have picked it up by the round part.

If you're breaking out like crazy, blame it on your girl babe. The belief goes that girls steal their mother's beauty, hence, those annoying zits.(((I did not read this one before!! I have 3 pimples this week and I do not get pimples, I've been so upset... now maybe I'll be happy!!!!))) Didn't break out - Boy

Pop off your wedding ring -- if you still can! -- and tie it to a string. Hang it over your belly. If it swings in a circle, a little guy's in your future. If it goes back and forth, you've got a girl. Didn't try it :0) - Unknown

Sick as a dog during the first trimester -- or still? Signs indicate you're having a girl. Little or no morning sickness points to a boy. (so that is part of wives tales too) Wasn't really that sick, just tired - Boy

So I guess from the old wives tales, Ayla should most definitely be a boy . . . someone should tell her that, lol.

Sorry I've been so quiet. I've been trying to keep Gia in line. She's gotten so much worse and it is way past just teenage crap. I finally called and asked to have her moved. My social worker said that I lasted twice as long as she thought I would and Gia's social worker agreed. (btw - everyone gets a social worker maybe we should add that app to FB!) So she will be moving somewhere else on Monday. She is still here with me today and tomorrow but I had already scheduled a weekend of respite care so I could get a break, so she's going there for the weekend. I'll pick her up on Sunday and take her to DSS on Monday morning.

I moved the cat out of her room because the therapist said this might be a time where she would hurt herself, run away or try to hurt Cali. The kitten cannot go with her and is not staying here with er pooping habits. I know that sounds cold, but I am not cleaning cat poop up every day. The lady who gave her to Gia has said she will take her back.

I am sorry you had to go through all of that. The same exact thing happened with my very first foster child who was a 14 year old girl. It is heartbreaking because you try soooo hard with the first thinking that you can make a difference and havent developed the tough skin needed for when things go wrong. I hope after the dusts settles, you will feel back to normal again.

Are you thinking about giving it another try later?

Heather, I'm not sure if I am cut out to do this full time. I realized that I like having my house a certain way and a child kinda doesn't allow that. I may do respite care (giving foster parents a break) or emergency care when a child is taken into custody over the weekend and a fast decision is needed.

Michelle, your kids are growing up, first your daughter on a date, now buying your son his own laundry detergent!!

JUDY, THAT MAKES ME SO MAD WHEN PEOPLE SCARE YOU TO DEATH ABOUT SURGERY!!!!!

Have fun Pamela, being creative can be fun!!! Swimming sounds like fun too!! GOOD FOR YOU PAMELA FOR WORKING OUT!!

I am going to go over to my sisters house and babysit in about an hour, but no swimming. My niece hates the pool. She says, 'I finished' before she even gets in.

Judy, really, one of my pet peeves is people telling horror stories about theirs or their friends surgeries. It seems to get much worse in the translation.

Good afternoon, Violets..

Back from my shift and got home just before the storm hit here. Lots of wind, rain and some hail. Lots of power lines down. The sun is out now so maybe, just maybe I can get some pictures of the gardens.

Janie.. yup.. all the horror stories people feel the need to tell. I am not afraid of the pain... I can handle that. My fear is being sick from the anesthetic. I have a horrible time with that. They need to drug me up good with anti-nausea meds. AND I don't drink water.. it makes me gag. It has to be Crystal Light or Welch's or some kind of juice. I hope the nurses are sympathtic to my needs!! That's Bob's job when I'm in the hospital. No pills with water... he will be there with my jug of juice to get me through.

Just finished my tuna salad and light chips for lunch. Time to get some "water" in. I'll go out as soon as things dry out a bit and get the pictures taken.