Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I made a mistake!!

Youare lucky they did the Lipo under your arms. Mine didn't and i have alot of excess flab under there and can't wear underwire bras. It sucks alot,i'm hoping losing weight will help with that. As far as the pain it should be gone by now, when I had mine I felt great in no time. Like less than 2 weeks it's the best thing i ever did for myself.

I keep telling myself I am luky because my insurrance covered reduction only. My Dr. added the Lipo and lift at no extra cost. I am sure one day I will look back on this and feel that is was all worth it, but for now I hurt! lol

You will,and the pain will go away. But be prepared to have those nerve pains for awhile mine lasted several years. But it wasn't anything I couldn't live with. And congrats on the new girls wait till you can wear a strappy shirt and not have to worry. :thumbup: I'm just worried about the looking old thing now. Didn't even consider losing weight making me look old. EEECK

Sorry, I didn't mean to put a scare into anyone. I'm just speaking from my own experience and it has made me look older. But everyone is different and it depends on how much elasticity you have in your skin. I think the thing that drives me nuts is my jowels are sagging like a basset hound and I've lost 2 of the 3 chins I had so the skin is saggy under my neck. You know it could just be the age coming on combined with the weight loss I don't know or it could just be my ex bestie that felt the need to point out my saggy face so that's what I notice when I look in the mirror. But want to express that it doesn't mean it will happen to you. My DH says I'm just nit pickin cause I spend to much time critiquing every little thing. I think he might be right.

Well I go back to the Doctors today. Hopefully we well find out why I am still in so much pain. My breast are fine it is underneath and to the side. I think it might be more from the Lipo. It is a constant burning feeling that hurts alot. Two vicodine every 4 hours helps but still does not take the pain away.
I had lipo on the sides and underneath my arms and that was the sorest part of it all. I think that's most likely what your Dr. will tell you. Hope you feel better soon.

I had my reduction and lift a year and a half before the Band. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced...but all worth it. I would do it again in a heart beat. Since I was a 42F and nearly 250 pounds, my doctor would only take me down to a D saying that if I lost weight she didn't want me coming back for implants! LOL. When surgery was over I was actually still a 40 DD. Now that I've lost 75 pounds I just had a measurement--still a 38D (I can actually wear 36Ds--they give me my cleavage). I actually think they feel small, but that's because they used to be so huge. Alot of people lose/gain in the boob area first. Not me--they are always the last thing to go. I'm glad to say I love my boobs now! They don't touch my stomach anymore (which I feared them dropping if I lost too much weight). My boob job is actually the reason I got the band. I realized my stomach was now seen alot more than when I had boobs! Ugh. But, thankfully, my lift appears to have held up. Your girls will settle down soon, and I'm sure they'll match right up with your smaller body as you lose the weight.

Good luck!

Crystal

I just want to thank everyone for sharring and for your advice.

crystal-Sorry for your pain, but thanks for posting. I was kinda wonderring if there was something wrong with me or my DR. because I was the only one still in a lot of pain 2 wks after surgery. I did go to the doctors again today. I do have a slight infection, nothing major. He did take the metal instument they use to take out stiches, well he used this to scrape the scabs off the insision under my breast and around the areola. Not as painful as it sounds, but not fun either. He told me to order the compression bra. Kind of expensive. I was hoping to get away with just a sports bra. He also said the pain could be more for me because of my fibromyalgia and b/c I have had 3 surgeries in 4 months so my body is use to the pain meds. Anyways I do feel better having seen him and having fresh bandages. O my gosh I forgot this is not my blogg. Sorry for it being so long.

Teri, I had Lipo on hips many years ago and the pain and the heat lasted for about 5 weeks with me and it hurt if I bumped into anything. Hope you're doing alright.

Well I am 9 wks. post op now, and I am in still in pain. My nipples are very sore and the inscision is still very painful. I cant do Water execise because the bouncing hurts to much. My Dr. sounds like a used car salesman, so I cant trust anything he says. Am I supposed to still be in pain this far out. I just wish I knew if this is normal I could stop worrying. I should probably mention my surgeon is on probation for gross neglegence (sp?) This adds to my anxiety, and why I can't trust what he says

Hi:

Based on what you said about your surgeon, I would get a second opinion.

Hope your pain goes away soon.

Please keep us posted.

Take care.

Sue

I wish I could say something to make you feel better. It may be a bit of a rough road but probably a good idea to talk to another doctor. Take care dear,

Lena

Hey Lena, it's good to hear from again. Thanks for your post.

It's my pleasure. I hope all is well with you though it sounds like it's not too good at the moment. Take care dear. I'm always here to talk but often don't have any great answers.