Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanna talk about the daily stuff

I get on here often, but there isn't really a section that I want to contribute to. Mainly...I would just like to hear how your day went as you progress thru this new change.

How often do you think about this? Did you encounter someone today that made you feel good about your decision?

I went to a Women's Expo this weekend. Some guy wanted to sell me some stuff for a few hundred dollars that would do everything in a matter of 6 weeks. I have never believed in doing anything short term. I only believe in life style changes. He told me that I was wasting my time with lap band...but wouldn't it be wasting my time more with a temporary 6 week program?? It really pissed me off. I've always been an active athlete.

Anyway...that is my rant for the day. I hope you can share your ups, downs, and discoveries of the day.

My discovery of the day was a major NSV. I worked out in the yard most of the afternoon in 96 degree and very humid weather. I don't think I even broke a sweat and there was no slowing me down. 2 years ago it would have killed me. That's how my day went and thanks for asking!

worked all day, same routine, getting ready to spend a delightful weekend with my husband, so that gets me in the excited mood. :tongue2:

Well KS, had another hot, dry day in Texas. I worked at a school and we have 3 days left. I was banded march 16. I've lost 35 lbs, and now I've hit a plateau. But I'm still punching at it. Lots of exercise and the right food. I determined to get through it and start losing again. I'm not going to let it get me down. My band won't let me down and I won't let it down. Looking for a better day tomorrow! Later.

It's Tuesday!!! How is the week going? Anything new?

I had a very boring day. Talked to the doctors office and they have gotten the okay from insurance on the phone, but are waiting for the letter to come. Well the letter still hasn't come. We both called the insurance company last week and they said they would send it.

I volunteer at the court house on Tuesday night...so that's where I'm on my way to now. You all keep plugging away no matter where you are in this process.

Karla

Hi KS,

I had a crappy day! I think crappy beats a boring! Well anyway, family problems seem overwhelming right now. I work at a small school and it seems everyone knows when you're having problems. Some are very sympathetic, but others just stare and whisper. I do have one very good friend who understands. Those kind of friends are hard to find.

Anyway, I have only 2 more days of school and then summer vacation. My last child graduated from high schol this year and now we will start looking into college. But right now, I'm in a sad mood and maybe I'll just go to a corner and cry.

But that was my day. Sorry to burden you.

I found the chat room is great for some everyday ranting or fast help. Really becoming addicted to it. Its a good stress reliever for me I sometimes just sit and read whats going on with others and if I feel like it butt right on in and make a few comments. It may be just the right place for you to.

Today went by quickly which is nice cause it seems like all I'm doing is waiting until that time to have surgery. I'm always thinking about how I've been preparing my self for this for almost two years. I had to go low carb for my insulin and it has really been easy. I've never been a fan of bread and I am able to easily go without Pasta and rice.

I found a great meal at TGI Fridays that is low carb. It has spicy shrimp on a cabob and brocoli...can't remember the name of the dinner but it was great and only 12 carbs.

How was your weekend?

SInce this was a busy weekend, I didn't get the chance to vent about my Friday. I've met all the requirements for my insurance company and was approved over a month ago. They have said over and over again that they would send the letter to the surgical center where I am to have surgery. So Friday when I called they said it again--> "We'll mail it today". I reminded them that they have said this a number of times. Since the office that is sending the letter is right down the street from my office...perhaps I should just stop by and pick it up. Is it really that hard for them to get the info out.

Anyway...how was your weekend of celebration?

I don't regret getting the band. However, on a daily basis I feel like crap about my progress. Coworkers all around me have gone on diets, with pills working out etc. One has lost 50 pounds in 2 months, all more that me in shorter amounts of time. On here I see people that were banded when I was and have more restriction and have lost more. I follow the rules and work out. I can't get anymore of a fill b/c I have reflux. I know losing slower is better for me in the long run. I know all the logical explanations. But on a daily basis I still feel like crap about it.

On a lighter note a had 3 nice long days off from work with hubby home too. This time of year he works 6 days a week. So it was nice! :thumbup: Thanks for a place to vent.

I worked around the house today. Had to go to Walmart three times. Hanging some blinds in the family room.

Air Conditioner went out upstairs so this TX heat is really being felt. Repairman coming tomorrow and not a day too so.

Surgery date July 14th which is 5 days before my daughters 9th birthday, so I'm feeling a little guilty about having my surgery so close to her birthday, I'm not sure how I will feel or be up to having her a party.

So that's my thought for today..

This weekend I had a lot of alone time. It was good. Did some housework, bookkeeping for my hubby's business (got caught up), did some baking - and just a lot of thinking. All in all, I had a good weekend.

Today was a real bummer of a day! I worked till midnight last night then slept in this morning. I had to run pay bills and buy groceries before work today. I was supposed to work a 6-11 shift My husband called to tell me he would be working late so I could take the kids to sitter before work. I dropped them off and got about 3 miles and my truck just stopped I was able to coast off the road and into the school parking lot and it wont even crank now!!:cursing:I had my sitter come pick me up and take me home. It frustrates nme so much when things just happen like that the truck has been running fine not at all any different than usual.So now Im here at home when I should be working. Just hope I dont get wrote up when I go back in that will really frustrate me!! So that has been my bad day just needed to vent !!!!!

Sunday I worked in the yard planting from 10 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon. I'll tell you a year ago I couldn't work but about 1/2 hour then I had to sit down and rest. I still took a couple breaks now and was tired that evening, but I was also stoked to know how much better I feel.

My days are filled with so many things that are different than a year ago. Having clothes that fit, not being miserably full, not having constant heart burn/indigestion, being able to walk without puffing.

It's great! I don't believe my lapbanding was a waste of time, it's the best thing I have done for myself yet!

The last two days have been busy. But coming home is really nice. My daughter is coming up on her 16th birthday and we have no plans.

Always thinking about surgery. I'm an athlete and have had many surgeries and injuries. Everyone seems to think thqt I'll be miserable. I have a few doctors that have learned differently.

As an athlete and a mother...I've had to keep going through alot of pain. Once I get my weight off, it'll be so much easier to run again.