Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok im about 10 weeks post op and im starting to get pretty hungry in between meals and i find myself grazing and im not losing anymore weight. i dont mind waiting to eat but the past 2 weeks i get hunger pains and my tummy starts to rumble and thats were find myself not making the best of choices. sadly my first fill isnt untill june 23rd so iv still got more than a month to go and it SUCKS. my isurance wont cover before than:angry: and i noticed i wasnt being naughty when i wasnt hungry.i dunno what to do.. any support or info would be GREAT thanks guys

My question is why are you waiting so long for your 1st fill. I know every Dr. is different, but I'm scheduled for my 1st fill almost exactly a month after my surgery. Maybe you should see if they will bump it up sooner? Good luck :thumbup:

Try a spoon full of peanut butter...low fat, low sodium, reduced fat (whatever). Thats what I do when I get extra hungry...like pains. That has been my secret weapon!!!

You can also try drinking a glass of milk between meals when you get really hungry. About 120 cal and a great source of Protein. It can usually tide me over for a few hours till I can eat.

ok im about 10 weeks post op and im starting to get pretty hungry in between meals and i find myself grazing and im not losing anymore weight. i dont mind waiting to eat but the past 2 weeks i get hunger pains and my tummy starts to rumble and thats were find myself not making the best of choices. sadly my first fill isnt untill june 23rd so iv still got more than a month to go and it SUCKS. my isurance wont cover before than:angry: and i noticed i wasnt being naughty when i wasnt hungry.i dunno what to do.. any support or info would be GREAT thanks guys

Try to keep some healthy Snacks on hand for when you are hungry between meals. Yogurt, string cheese (or laughing cow cheese), fruit, whatever that won't kill your eating plan and can help you get to the next meal. I understand the grazing, you think, "I will just eat a bite, and the bite turns to another one..." Plan on having and then EAT the snack and it may help. It sucks being hungry between fills, but you can do this!

You might want to check with your insurance about fills directly. A friend's doctor told her that her insurance would not cover the first fill, but would cover the rest. My insurance covered my fills from 6 weeks on. We have the same insurance. I rhink her doctor was just mistaken orusing old protocol. So recheck yourself. That seems like a long time before a first fill.

Yea that is the pits you have to wait so long for your first fill! My first one was 6 weeks out, and then I had my second about a month later....(the first didn't do hardly anything for me) I remember all too well the feeling of not losing weight and wondering what in the world to do! Hang in there -- this too will pass!!! Once you hit your sweet spot you will be amazed at how much easier it goes.....press on!

I was 6 months out before I felt any kind of restriction. In that 6 months, I felt like I could eat a whole hamburger so I would eat half and still be hungry so I would finish it. I would have shakes after my fills because they are soft and easy to get down. I just made a lot of terrible choices I hope you don't make. Just eat your 3-4 oz of food and wait about an hour and then if you are hungry eat another 2 oz's. Pick something good for you like Protein. It will stay with you longer. But don't do what I did and take advantage of the band because it will bite you in the butt. I gained 4 lbs in the first 6 months and since have lost 16 but it took me 7 fills to get here. Just don't be so hard on yourself. Some people can follow the diet very easily and I had a hard time with it. Good luck and don't think you will automatically fill something right away when you have your first fill because it took me to get 9cc in a 10cc band to fill restriction. Find a weight loss surgery book from like Barnes and Noble and read it...that is where I found so much information. :thumbup:

chloe i called my insurace company and they wont cover me for a fill until 91 days after my surgery. bullshyt i know.. and with all these medical bills im paying i dont have the money to pay for 1 out of pocket. but thats for all the support guys

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches