Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help with slowing down.

I am hoping you guys can help me out here. I have lost about 28 lbs since banding on March 24th, the problem I am having is I am eating too quickly. I am trying to watch the clock and slow way down but I find it hard to do. I am still on soft foods so although I am chewing like a mad women, there is not a whole lot to chew. I CAN'T WAIT for salads and more crunchy things. I go back to Dr. next week for my first fill.

I fee full after about 1 cup of food, this lasts about two hours and then I am hungry. Does this get better after a fill or do you guys incorporate healthy Snacks??

Also has anyone tried soda after the band? I haven't and don't really plan on it I am just curious.

Thanks for any help.

Ruthie

I am hoping you guys can help me out here. I have lost about 28 lbs since banding on March 24th, the problem I am having is I am eating too quickly. I am trying to watch the clock and slow way down but I find it hard to do. I am still on soft foods so although I am chewing like a mad women, there is not a whole lot to chew. I CAN'T WAIT for salads and more crunchy things. I go back to Dr. next week for my first fill.

I fee full after about 1 cup of food, this lasts about two hours and then I am hungry. Does this get better after a fill or do you guys incorporate healthy Snacks??

Also has anyone tried soda after the band? I haven't and don't really plan on it I am just curious.

Thanks for any help.

Ruthie

First congratulations. If you aren't doing this already you might want to try using a baby spoon. It helps you to take smaller portions. I also still have the bad habit of not eating slow enough at times. You will want to really practice eating slower and smaller portions because as you go up in your fills you will tend to experience the 'stuck' feeling if you eat to fast or if you eat to large of portions.

It sounds like you are doing well with the 1 cup of food. Are you also taking Protein supplements in between? You can also do a little cottage cheese or Ricotta cheese in between meals to tied you over. There are others that do the healthy Snacks in between. I find that I don't need them. As you get your fills you will start feeling full for longer periods of time in between meals. I am on my 4th fill and I can go for about 4-5 hours without feeling hungry. My doctor wants me to keep around 800-1100 calories a day. So if I haven't done alot of calories for my meals I will add a snack once and awhile. I live on sugar free Ice Pops. They are my lifesaver.

As for the soda I was told no carbonated drinks at all. There are those that do drink soda. But I was told that carbonation can cause problems in the future. It could cause your band to slip. It's entirely up to you but I would suggest asking your doctor about that one. All doctors are different. I tend to drink alot of Crystal Light. I honestly don't have any urge for soda anymore. As you go along your tastes for things will also change.

Good luck to you.

Try baby utencils...... I use them at home they help me think about what I should be doing. Also get away from the TV mindless eating continues even after the band. I eat faster if I am watchiing Tv

If you haven't had a fill, wait because everything changed for me once I got my first fill..I have 4cc in my band, and oh my...if I don't eat slow enough I choke and the pressure in my shoulder and chest is almost unbareable. So I eat very slowly with small utensils. Also, I have to keep everything moist and it helps things go down better, like tuna with mayo is my best friend right now.