Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't wait...

....to wear stilettos and not fear the worst :smile:

....to shop in «regular» stores with my sisters :tt1:

....to run a 10k race for Breast Cancer :thumbup:

and finally...

...to play skipping rope with my niece without starting an earthquake!!! :eek:

Best of luck to all!!!

Here is my list of what I want after:

• To be able to teach my 7th graders without feeling self-conscious in front of them.
  • To be able to go to the doctor and not dread getting on the scale.
  • To be able to go to Victoria's Secret and get sexy lingerie.
  • To be able to go to Six Flags and not worry while waiting whether I will fit into the ride.
  • To be able to fly and not worry about whether the seat belt will fasten.
  • To be able to buy that black, sexy, sleeveless dress and look HOT in it.
  • To be able to walk into a store, see a shirt that I like and buy it in a "medium".
  • To be able to go to the pool and walk around without wrapping a sarong around my hips and thighs.
  • To skinny-dip in the ocean with my husband and not care if we are seen! :thumbup:
  • To be able to be with my husband and feel confident in myself.
  • To be able to run a 10K run in October.
  • To be able to live a healthy life free from the chains of carrying around 100+ extra pounds.
  • To have confidence in myself...to see myself as beautiful.
  • To be able to do ANYTHING that I want to do...bungee jump, zip-line...whatever comes my way.

I finally believe that this life can and finally will be mine.

There have been similar threads like this over the year plus I've been on LBT. I am happy to say that many of my previous "wants" are now my reality but wanted to share.

#1 buy clothes off the "normal" size rack and NOT Lane Bryant!! (DID IT!)

#2 Not have the dreaded red ring of horror on my stomach after wearing pants that were too tight (DID IT!)

#3 Excited about buying a swim suit (DONE!! Have 5 swimsuits that I LOVE and look great on me...no swim dress type either)

#4 Going to the Water parks with my family (our favorite pastime) and not worry about my fat hanging out of everywhere (DONE!)

#5 Being able to work out hard and not be rushed to the hospital (CHECK!)

#6 Live a longer life for my children and future grandchildren (in progress!)

#7 Not wear ANY clothes that have an X or a W along with the size (CHECK CHECK CHECK!!!)

There have been similar threads like this over the year plus I've been on LBT. I am happy to say that many of my previous "wants" are now my reality but wanted to share.

#1 buy clothes off the "normal" size rack and NOT Lane Bryant!! (DID IT!)

#2 Not have the dreaded red ring of horror on my stomach after wearing pants that were too tight (DID IT!)

#3 Excited about buying a swim suit (DONE!! Have 5 swimsuits that I LOVE and look great on me...no swim dress type either)

#4 Going to the Water parks with my family (our favorite pastime) and not worry about my fat hanging out of everywhere (DONE!)

#5 Being able to work out hard and not be rushed to the hospital (CHECK!)

#6 Live a longer life for my children and future grandchildren (in progress!)

#7 Not wear ANY clothes that have an X or a W along with the size (CHECK CHECK CHECK!!!)

That is AWESOME:thumbup: What an insperation for us all:w00t: Thanks for sharing:thumbup:

I'll be banded June 18th and I am looking forward to...

1) Not having to throw away a pair of jeans because my thighs rubbing together has almost burned a hole into them!!! :smile:

2) Going shopping with my sisters and friends in the 'skinny ppl store' and not be limited to looking at accessories only :thumbup:

3) Not being the 'token fat friend'

4) Not being embarrased to exercise

5) Not getting tired climbing a flight of stairs, and having to pace myself!

6) Falling in love again, and not being guarded because of the way I look :eek:

7) Passing my work's yearly phisical for the first time!

7) JUST BEING NORMAL!!!!:tt1:

Wow, this is a great thread!!!! I'm having my surgery on May 10 and I'm 3 days into my 2 week liquid diet!!! I've been telling myself that I can't do this, why should this be any different from my previous attempts? But this sure has helped!!!

I want what many people want...

I want to be able to buy "normal" size clothes, not plus

I want to fly in a plane without a seatbelt extender

I want to feel beautiful and sexy and be able to look my husband in the eye when he tells me I am

I want to FEEL better!!!!!

I want to be able to walk into any place and not immediately look around to see if I'm the fattest person there!!!!

That's the short list...But most of all, I want to be comfortable in my own skin, for the first time in 37 years!!!

"Not having to throw away a pair of jeans because my thighs rubbing together has almost burned a hole into them!!!"

oh how I can relate Jonelle!!!

I want to be healthy!

I want to be around to watch my son grow up

I want to play with my son, or even just carry him without sounding like im about to have an attack, breathing so hard.

I want to take him, in a few years to disneyland, (15min away from our house) and be able to walk around and take him to every ride he wants, and not worry about if I will fit in the rides.

I want to feel confident

I want my man to be proud of me for loosing the weight, as well as find me attractive.

I want to wear (some) of the latest fasions, I want to shop at any store I want (not LAYNE BRYANT, I do love their bras tho:tongue:) I too hate fat clothes/ short tops, huge pant legs--I cant stand!

When I graduate college in July 2011 I want to feel confident when I go out and interview for jobs.

I want to be a normal weight, where I can live a happy, healthy, productive life.

Oh - forgot one! Shave legs in the shower without almost falling over!!!

OMG Katey, We went to the grand canyon about 5 or 6 years ago and my husband so wanted to do that. Once he seen the weight restriction he didn't even mention it till we got home. I would love to be able to do alot of things with out worry about my weight. Like sit on a plane and not have everyone avoid the seat next to me. LOL