Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow guys 80 odd posts there really is allot of us, and your all in my thoughts. Didnt think id get such a huge response for june bandsters its great news to hear youv all been excepted.

Like iv said im at the end of june 29th i think, so most of you are before me so i will be waiting for all of your updates.

keep smiling, chin up and get ready because this is gonna be the first day of the rest of our lives :laugh:

xxx candy xxx :smile2:

i'm getting banded on june 28th. hooray -- i started this process last sept. it's been a long road and i am SO READY!!!!!

I just had my nutrition and exercise consult today so now they need to submit to insurance for approval. I need to talk to my patient rep to find out when they will be submitting and if they will schedule a date now or wait until approval. Im ready to get something set in stone for a surgery date- we have so much going on this summer that its hard to plan things.

june 21st with Dr. Ortiz!!! I can't wait. Hey, what are you all looking forward to after being banded??? Here are a couple of things I can't wait to do...

1. go without a girdle. I hate them! a little shapeware is fine but right now I'm wearing full out body armor just to keep everything contained.

2. short pants!!! I miss them.

3. saying "i can't eat anymore, I'm full" I can't remember the last time I've been full. Usually I take the "there's always room for jello" approach to food.

4. shopping

5. just being free :o)

what are you guys looking forward to???

Edited by bwilli

My surgery is June 1 and I can't wait! I agree...I am so looking forward to the days when I push my plate away because I can't eat another bite! I am also looking forward to:

-Shopping in the Misses section and not the Plus Size

-Not constantly thinking about the size of my body and thinking about what others are saying about me!

-Wanting to work out and not just having to work out!

-Not feeling ashamed and want to run the other direction when I run into someone I went to high school with:biggrin:

-Painting my own toe nails

- not being out of breath after 1 flight of stairs

-Wearing slacks and a belt and not try to cover my mid section with a sweater or vest I'm only 31.

- I have cloths in size 10-16 that still have price tags on them

- Wearing a swim suit in public

Not long to go, I have just forked out about $7000 for my operation :o including Anaethesist etc ( can claim some back from Health insurance AFTER the operation) but all worth it.

Operation is all booked in at the private hospital just down the road on June 2. Now 8 days into 14 day pre-op and whilst it ain't no walk in the park I am becoming used to it so to anyone having trouble out there - it really does get easier.

Good luck everyone!:thumbup:

i was approved for surgery about a week after papers were submitted. had to wait till ALL tests and 6 month weigh-ins were complete before ins approved. only after that was i given an appt with surgeon. i am using dr marc bessler at colombia- presbyterian hospital in NYC. he is a hard man to get an appt with-- but he is suppossed to be the best, so i was willing to wait. it still seems like my surgery is eons away, but i know it will be here before i know it. have lost 9lbs over the last 2 weeks by cutting out all starches and breads ( my favorite things in the world!!!!) and substituting 1 Protein Drink for one meal daily. also, no eating between meals, small protions at meals and lots of Water.< /p>

I am getting banded on June 15th. I cannot believe how fast my surgery is coming up. I am experimenting with shakes and crystal light. It is so awesome to read everyone's excitement.

KBertinelli,

You are so close, 1 week to go. We are all afraid we can't do it but, we Are going to make it work this

time:thumbup:!! Once banded you won't feel hungry all the time. I had my gallbladder out 3/31/10. I felt awful for 4 days and then it got better. Yup, 2 surgeries in

two and half months. Not my idea of fun but, had to be done. I'll be right behind you June 16th!!

Good Luck,:rolleyes:

Carol D'

I have you beat Carol, I was original scheduled for banding on 5/24 but ended up having to have gallbladder surgery on 5/12 and now getting banded on 6/9...soooo 2 surgeries 30 days.:rolleyes:

Hi 1reign,

Yup that's crazy!!! They should have just left a zipper in ya!!! At least we know what to expect for pain. Well Good luck with you banding. Keep in touch:smile2:!!

Carol D'

Hi! I'm getting banded Tuesday June 8th and CAN'T WAIT! Once I made my decision I wanted it immediately. I'm on day 1 of the pre op liquid diet and am surviving. It's a small price to pay for the lifelong change I'm making! Good luck to everyone!

Hi Redhead,

It won't be long Now:ohmy:!!!! I'm going for my pre-testing the 8th!! I start my pre-op diet Tue.:rolleyes:?? Then june 16th I go in and you'll be able to tell me how the 1st week went!!!:rolleyes:

Congrats and Best Wishes,

Carol D'

I'm a June 29th-er!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOOOOOO

I'm in for the pic post and a cute name!!!!!!!!