Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Business Idea

HI everyone. Well, I have been thinking alot about starting my own business, problem is I don't know what, I really don't have a clue as to what I could do. I live in a small rural town and I am clueless as to what would work. I don't want a restaurant type business, these are the hardest to run, so come on help me come up with some ideas. I know you at one point in you life have dreamed of having your own little business, so come on give me some ideas. Keep in mind, I live in a small rural town (large hispanic pop), I am bilingual and have been a real estate closer/law office assistant, a bilingual tutor for ESOL students in high school and an executive assistant, I am terrible organized and have good managing qualities. So okay, help me, give me some ideas.

Esetla

I work with 3 girls here and we have tossed the idea of setting up a business of getting your home ready to sell. 2 of us have husbands that can fix the yard and odd jobs in the house as well as around. Then us girls would either paint clean or just make it look good. No buying stuff to set up the house but make it Buyer ready to move in. Our cost would come out at closing But as of this past year it is only an idea.

being a Closer are you also a Notary - that is something I had been thinking of doing. In the Hispanic population there is always someone wanting papers notorized on the weekends or after hours so you could do that in the comfort of your home??

I have always wanted to start selling that Homemade Gourmet stuff. You can look it up online. I always buy otns at Christmas time and everyone raves that it is so good. I don't know what kind of money you are looking for but that seems like a decent part-time side business. Just an idea. I have wanted to start a florist so bad, I would have no idea where to start and the area I live in has so many now, I doubt I could make a living. My husband and I always come up with restaurant ideas, but again those are hard to keep afloat in my area. I hope someone has some good ideas.

Starting a biz is always some work. Estela ask yourself what you can do well that brings you joy. If you are going to start your own biz then you have to enjoy doing it right? I went through the same thing recently. I am in the middle of getting my new biz up and running. It takes time and patience. And research as well. Make a list of your talents. What have people said that you do really well? At least it is a place to start.

Kim give more details on the gourmet stuff, "microwave mama" here needs an update.

Penni what kind of business you starting?

My DNL and I are thinking of opening a tanning spa, with her young energy and my money, lol.

SHHHHHH!!!!! It's a surprise. Wait till just before Christmas then all will be revealed.

Kim give more details on the gourmet stuff, "microwave mama" here needs an update.

Penni what kind of business you starting?

My DNL and I are thinking of opening a tanning spa, with her young energy and my

money, lol.

The only idea I have to offer is selling things on Ebay. We started about a year ago, and both teach full-time, so haven't had all kinds of time to really get the thing off the ground...right now it is more of a tax deduction than anything else. However, in a year when I retire, I will put more oomph into it, and should be able to make a little money...I don't know if it would be enough to live on, but it will be a nice supplement to my retirement. I agree with Penni...really think about what you love and are good at...and start there. Let us know, Cindy

What type of things do you sell on Ebay? I started to sell some of my clothes and they wanted my checking account number, which I was hesitant to do. So, I called my banker and asked her to open me a minimum account so if I get ripped off it will only be for so much. I hate giving that kind of info on line.

I go to yard sales,auctions and buy and resale. You would not belive the antiques you can get in a small town.We also buy ,redo and sell good old wood furniture. Made us about $7000.00

extra last year.Great tax right off. Sometimes I sell on Ebay.I work part-time and do this on the side so I can work part-time.