Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Immigration

I just have a few minutes and wanted to respond. I can more specifically answer your questions later...for me, it's the heart..the intent..yes, the OR health plan is for any pregnant women w/o insurance.

There is a big difference between a woman living in Oregon, working or not, that is here legally and finds herself pregnant and w/o insurance and someone that is pregnant, crosses the border illegally or comes here when she is pregnant, over stays her visa w/the INTENT to birth on American soil, knowing she will get free healthcare, the housing, food stamps, etc... No, I am not for denying prenatal care. Just don't come here, to this country, expecting it for free.

Except for pregnancy, the OR Health plan has very tight restrictions on who qualifies. This is because they are broke paying for the births, prenatal care of illegals. Also, they aren't "undocumented workers." Very very few of the women work and they don't marry their significant others, knowing they would then have to claim their husband's income and loose their benefits. I do see this among citizens too..but, it is a much larger trend amongst the "undocumented workers."

I am not wanting to get into an angry debate here and I don't have statistics..I just know what I see everyday at work and it's very frustrating.

I'm not in favor of people coming here illegally. I think the employers should be heavily fined for hiring undocumented workers. If they were then they would hire all those American workers who claim to want these jobs.

That being said. If a pregnant woman is in this country illegally and goes to the hospital for pregnancy care, what would be your solution? Have hospital workers be the ones to investigate the legal status? If yes, then what should they do if the woman cannot provide legal status documentation? Should the hospital turn her away? What if she went to the hospital for an emergency? Should they turn her away?

I am just asking because you can't present problems without offering solutions. These are complex problems. Just bashing those who abuse the system is not the answer.

Have you been to the ER? Do they ask you for your legal citizen status? I have been there and they haven't. They ask for insurance, but not legal status. Should that be their job? If not, then whose job should it be.

I am just throwing these questions out there because the solutions and answers aren't simple.

Thank you for your input.

"Alright, listen up. We need to open our eyes. There are over 2 million illegal immigrants bedding down in this state tonight! This state spent $3 billion last year, on services for those people who have no right to be here!$3 billion! $400 million just to lock up a bunch of illegal immigrant criminals, who only got into this country because the fuckin' INS decided, "It's not worth the effort to screen for convicted felons!" Who gives a shit? Our government doesn't give a shit! Our border policy's a joke! So, is anybody surprised that south of the border, they're laughing at us? Laughing at our laws? Every night, thousands of these parasites stream across the border like some fucking piñata exploded...There's nothin' funny goin' on here! This is about your life and mine; it's about decent, hard working Americans falling through the cracks and getting the shaft because their government cares more about the constitutional rights of a bunch of people who aren't even citizens of this country! On the Statue of Liberty it says "give me your tired your hungry, your poor..." well it's Americans who are tired and hungry and poor, and I say until you take care of that, close the fucking book! 'Cause we're losing, we're losing our right to pursue our destiny, we're losing our freedom, so that a bunch of fucking foreigners can come in here and exploit our country! And this isn't something that's going on far away, this isn't something that's happening places we cant do anything about it, it's happening right here, right in our neighborhood...I see this shit going on and I don't see anyone doing anything about it...and it fuckin' pisses me off!! So look around you,this isn't our fuckin' neighborhood this is a battlefield, we are on a battlefield tonight..make a decision: are we gonna stand by the sidelines quietly while our country gets raped? "Fuck no!!" are we gonna ante-up and do something about it? "FUCK YEAHH!!!...you're goddamn right we are!!"

I'm not in favor of people coming here illegally. I think the employers should be heavily fined for hiring undocumented workers. If they were then they would hire all those American workers who claim to want these jobs.

That being said. If a pregnant woman is in this country illegally and goes to the hospital for pregnancy care, what would be your solution? Have hospital workers be the ones to investigate the legal status? If yes, then what should they do if the woman cannot provide legal status documentation? Should the hospital turn her away? What if she went to the hospital for an emergency? Should they turn her away?

I am just asking because you can't present problems without offering solutions. These are complex problems. Just bashing those who abuse the system is not the answer.

Have you been to the ER? Do they ask you for your legal citizen status? I have been there and they haven't. They ask for insurance, but not legal status. Should that be their job? If not, then whose job should it be.

I am just throwing these questions out there because the solutions and answers aren't simple.

Thank you for your input.

"Yes! Turn the ragged bitch away!"

"If you abuse the system I hope you die PERIOD"

"Dont you need to be legal in order to get insurance?

oly crap! This forum is getting me an A in an elective class...whohoooo.

"Yes! Turn the ragged bitch away!"

"If you abuse the system I hope you die PERIOD"

"Dont you need to be legal in order to get insurance?

oly crap! This forum is getting me an A in an elective class...whohoooo.

And somehow you fit holy in there, "oly", im assuming meant holy!

I also feel the anger but Im not willing to let people die because they are doing what they need to do to survive! What if this country had your beliefs when your ancestors came here, where would you be? The only real, 100% Americans are the Native Americans, hence native, who really got screwed! Like I said I agree with the context of what your saying, we're here legally but I will do whatever it takes for my loved ones and I to survive whether its legal or not! I dont begrudge anybody the right to survive, ie medical care, Its the execution, or lack there of the laws that are the problem!

Why is there such a problem for this country to complete "the fence", Why dont we have adequate security(nat guard, police, etc) patrolling the border? POLITICS!!!, whether its dem or rep, it doesnt matter. We can go across this huge world to democratize and secure whole foreign countries(Japan, Germany,Iraq, S.Korea)but for some reason we cant secure, or dont want to secure our own borders, even after 9-11!!! We've prevented China from invading Tiawan in the mid to late 90s for Christs sake but we cant stop the damn Mexicans from crossing the border, why is that?

"Alright, listen up. We need to open our eyes. There are over 2 million illegal immigrants bedding down in this state tonight! This state spent $3 billion last year, on services for those people who have no right to be here!$3 billion! $400 million just to lock up a bunch of illegal immigrant criminals, who only got into this country because the fuckin' INS decided, "It's not worth the effort to screen for convicted felons!" Who gives a shit? Our government doesn't give a shit! Our border policy's a joke! So, is anybody surprised that south of the border, they're laughing at us? Laughing at our laws? Every night, thousands of these parasites stream across the border like some fucking piñata exploded...There's nothin' funny goin' on here! This is about your life and mine; it's about decent, hard working Americans falling through the cracks and getting the shaft because their government cares more about the constitutional rights of a bunch of people who aren't even citizens of this country! On the Statue of Liberty it says "give me your tired your hungry, your poor..." well it's Americans who are tired and hungry and poor, and I say until you take care of that, close the fucking book! 'Cause we're losing, we're losing our right to pursue our destiny, we're losing our freedom, so that a bunch of fucking foreigners can come in here and exploit our country! And this isn't something that's going on far away, this isn't something that's happening places we cant do anything about it, it's happening right here, right in our neighborhood...I see this shit going on and I don't see anyone doing anything about it...and it fuckin' pisses me off!! So look around you,this isn't our fuckin' neighborhood this is a battlefield, we are on a battlefield tonight..make a decision: are we gonna stand by the sidelines quietly while our country gets raped? "Fuck no!!" are we gonna ante-up and do something about it? "FUCK YEAHH!!!...you're goddamn right we are!!"

3 billion on 2 million illegals, those are some lucky, rich illegals! At least in Mexican terms!

Edited by loserbob

3 billion on 2 million illegals, those are some lucky, rich illegals! At least in Mexican terms!

Meh...I didnt write the script.

I agree with nortone completely...it's because they do it for the sole purpose of getting benefits.

And somehow you fit holy in there, "oly", im assuming meant holy!

I also feel the anger but Im not willing to let people die because they are doing what they need to do to survive! What if this country had your beliefs when your ancestors came here, where would you be? The only real, 100% Americans are the Native Americans, hence native, who really got screwed! Like I said I agree with the context of what your saying, we're here legally but I will do whatever it takes for my loved ones and I to survive whether its legal or not! I dont begrudge anybody the right to survive, ie medical care, Its the execution, or lack there of the laws that are the problem!

Why is there such a problem for this country to complete "the fence", Why dont we have adequate security(nat guard, police, etc) patrolling the border? POLITICS!!!, whether its dem or rep, it doesnt matter. We can go across this huge world to democratize and secure whole foreign countries(Japan, Germany,Iraq, S.Korea)but for some reason we cant secure, or dont want to secure our own borders, even after 9-11!!! We've prevented China from invading Tiawan in the mid to late 90s for Christs sake but we cant stop the damn Mexicans from crossing the border, why is that?

For starters...no...i didnt mean "holy". I meant "oly" but maybe it should have been "ollie" idk, accents are hard to convey through text.

Secondly...I never said that was my opinion. It was a quote, from a movie...American history X to be exact.

And that whole "even after 9-11!!!" bullshit...really? So the entire country is supposed to buck up for something they knew from day one was a farce? Ya right. Were in Iraq already, its time for people to give the whole 9-11 thing up!

For starters...no...i didnt mean "holy". I meant "oly" but maybe it should have been "ollie" idk, accents are hard to convey through text.

Secondly...I never said that was my opinion. It was a quote, from a movie...American history X to be exact.

And that whole "even after 9-11!!!" bullshit...really? So the entire country is supposed to buck up for something they knew from day one was a farce? Ya right. Were in Iraq already, its time for people to give the whole 9-11 thing up!

Please explain the last part, from 9-11 on, Im not understanding, again it must be the accent thing! Explain the "in Iraq already" and farce part please!

Please explain the last part, from 9-11 on, Im not understanding, again it must be the accent thing! Explain the "in Iraq already" and farce part please!

:grouphug: Loose Change 2nd Edition Recut

I feel like people dont like how illegals come into are country the wrong way but i feel if you lived over there in there country for awhile you would understand why they want to be here so bad. To get a visa for people in mexico you have to have about 20 thousand dollars and property in mexico for them to give you a visa. So for most people over there thats not a easy factor. I feel that if they are doing the right thing and not hurting my family or yours then leave them alone. Its never going to stop. So why fight it?

I feel like people dont like how illegals come into are country the wrong way but i feel if you lived over there in there country for awhile you would understand why they want to be here so bad. To get a visa for people in Mexico you have to have about 20 thousand dollars and property in mexico for them to give you a visa. So for most people over there thats not a easy factor. I feel that if they are doing the right thing and not hurting my family or yours then leave them alone. Its never going to stop. So why fight it?

This is the absolute worst attitude to take towards the problem, and it is a problem. We can stop it, and thats all the reason you should need to fight it. We just need someone with the courage to stand up to the liberals who want open borders and say no, this is enough. We can provide thousands of jobs with building and maintaining a fence, and we can once and for all put an end to this Tom foolery.