Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help with breakfast

What is everyone eating for Breakfast? ? I am having a hard time with this. I am often on the run at breakfast time so it has to be something quick or something that i can prepare the day before.

I am usually just grabbing a Protein Bar on my way out the door. Really getting sick of them so i need some suggestions.

Thanks

I make a batch of steel cut oats with raisins and freeze in one cup containers. I just take one out b/4 bed and pop in microwave in the morning. I also prepackage high protein/high Fiber Cereal to eat on the run. Greek yogurt works. I always have hard boiled eggs ready to eat in frig. I, too, rely on Protein Bars and never tire of them because I keep a variety on hand. I also always have a container of Egg Beaters egg whites on hand along with turkey sausage and shredded cheese so I can make a quick omelette. A tbls of Peanut Butter spread on 1/2 banana is also something I will grab that is easy.

Another make ahead....eggs, sausage or ham, onions, peppers and a little cheese and bake in muffin tins and freeze. Ready to eat in just a few minutes.

I cut up 1/2 of the little mini bananas you get at Walmart put fat free cottage cheese over it and then a teaspoon or so of sugar free Rasberry jam. It's good and fast

For the past few months I've been starting the day with a green smoothie - just blended up fruit and greens, I make it up the night before for DH and I so its easy to have first thing. I usually have my coffee in the car these days, on the way to work.

In my desk at work, i have a stock of healthy prepackaged cereal portions - organic granola and oats mainly. I can get milk at work, so I just have that.

I also prepare my lunch the night before (usually a salad with some sort of protein) so i can just grab and run.

Healthy diets are easy with forethought and preparation but I often find I feel too lazy in the evening to do it. But forcing myself is key to staying on track the next day.

On the weekend I can take my time to enjoy breakfast a little more, i still have my smoothie and then follow a bit later with something like sardines and tomatoes on toast, avocado and Tomato on toast, somehting I can sit and eat with a knife and fork. I get sick of cereal but it is convenient for weekdays.

I'm usually tight in the morning but also short on time, so I have a smoothie. Here's what is in mine:

1/2 frozen banana

3 frozen strawberries

1 Activia vanilla yogurt

1 scoop vanilla Protein powder

3 ounces of pineapple juice

3 ounces of milk

Some days I throw in some blueberries. This is an easy way for me to get a protein-filled breakfast in, but also a great way to get some dairy and fruit in. I think it is right around 300 calories and 30 grams of Protein.

HTH!

I love eggs and they go down really good. So, I usually scramble 2 and add some mushroom, bell pepper, etc.

I too am usually in a hurry.

1 or 2 Dannon Light n Fit yogurts usually satisfy my until lunch.

Ugh. This has been one of my biggest problems. First off, I really don't like breakfast. I was always a cereal or bagel girl, if I ate, but usually I just drank coffee for breakfast. Even though it's rather boring, I find that if I don't have some steel cut oatmeal in the morning, I overeat throughout the day. I make mine the night before, a little on the runny side, so when it reheats, it doesn't get too Gummy. For a little bit of a change, I like to mix a little bit of Peanut Butter in it. Yummy. It tastes like a warm peanut butter cookie. :thumbup:

I love the NutriSystem Egg Fritata. Its 120 calories with good Protein and a bandster sized serving. Just add Water and microwave for 90 seconds. It has mushrooms and peppers too.

I think you actually have to be in the nutrisystem program to purchase it though. They may not permit a la carte orders.

I have a Protein latte every day for Breakfast. I love coffee and feel that mixed with protein it takes me thorugh lunch. I mix 4oz of skim milk with vanilla creme muscle milk light and then add black coffee to that. Makes a Latte just like starbucks. You can even add your own spice to add flavor....I add nutmeg and cinammon.