Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since many of us admitted scale whores, I was wondering how much does your weight fluctuate in a day? I have been desperately trying to break below 255. I am 253.5 in the morning and even on a really good food day, by the end, I am up. Sometimes 5 or 6 pounds!! My next fill is April 8th and I want to be 249. It will mark 40 lbs. and put me below 250.

Is there a norm as to how the weight jumps and drops?

Even though or maybe because I am at goal, I am a scale whore, still yet. My doc doesn't subtract for clothes/shoes and it is always after at least one meal and coffee that I am being weighed in....and that is often at least 6 pounds different from my 1st weigh in in the morning. I wish they subtacted for clothes and shoes!!! Makes me feel like I must be way below goal to get a decent weigh in!!!!

Mimi

I'm also a self proclaimed scale whore lol

My weight also can shift between 2 - 6 pounds in a day. It bites!!! I'm desperately trying to get to Onederland... and I've been floating between 211 - 208 for over 2 months.

Best of luck to you :-)

Thanks Guys. I think it is crazy that you can gain 6 pounds in a day when eating properly.

I have to admit I am also a scale whore, sad but true. My weight is usually 2-4 lbs difference. So I think it is very normal.

I'm a scale whore too, always have been. I dont see it as a negative thing - because if I'm away and cant weigh, I dont stress, I dont stress if I'm up a teeny bit because I know that's normal, but it reminds me to stay on track. If I'm down, then that also motivates me to keep doing well.

My weight fluctuates by about 2 lb from morning till last thing at night and it fluctuates by about 2lb across the month, I tend to gain that 2lb or so of Fluid in the days before my period. The few days after I am the lowest I will see, usually a 67kg - mostly I weigh between 68 and 69 and fluctuate by that pound. I've never seen a 66 yet, lol, although I'd love to.

I just take note of the trend over time. I havent been over 70kg now in about six months and am mostly 67 something in the morning and 68 something in the evening. So in the last year I've maybe lost 3lb lol.

I'm lucky, my weight remains very stable really, as I'm not prone to Fluid retention and I eat very much the same amounts every day - not like a pig out on weekends and eat nothing all week kind of eater.

Edited by Jachut

OMG-- I thought I was the only one having this problem.. I have been beating myself up over this ..

As for the doctors scale .. My appointment is ALWAYS late afternoon. ( we drive 7 hours each way ). His nurse (about the size of a 10 year old) takes nothing off for clothing.. I have thought about wearing the same clothes every time , but don't want to look like that is the only cothes I own.

The good thing is, all of my "old" clothes fit so poorly I could smuggle watermelons in the butt of my pants and my blouses would be good forsmuggling a couple of loaves of italian bread..

I am soooooo proud of all of us !!!

I am a scale whore too--with no intention of reforming. The periods of time I've not weighed have been times my weight has gone up. Watching it daily is important to me--but I've weaned down from the hopping-on-each-time-I-walk-past habit because that just messed with my head too much. My poor psyche doesn't need any more battering!

My weight fluctuates a lot, especially on days I work out. But my morning weight shows a steady downward progression nonetheless. That's the only number I really give any credence.

LOL Cruzlady! Thats Hillarious! I just picture it too, as I'm just now buying new clothes that fit... :-)

Well I make my self weigh only about every two weeks, but I do understand this. If you think about it, If you are drinking all your Water etc, you will weigh more in the evening. My fill doc does take off for clothes. I love it because I weigh exactly the same on his scale as I do naked in the morning before I leave the house. My general practice doc does not though and it is a 6 pound difference. Damn I hate that!!! Hugs!!!

I am a scale whore too--with no intention of reforming. The periods of time I've not weighed have been times my weight has gone up. Watching it daily is important to me--but I've weaned down from the hopping-on-each-time-I-walk-past habit because that just messed with my head too much. My poor psyche doesn't need any more battering!

My weight fluctuates a lot, especially on days I work out. But my morning weight shows a steady downward progression nonetheless. That's the only number I really give any credence.

Definitely agree, the morning weight, right after I pee in the morning is the one I follow. I know I would disappoint myself if I weighed throughout the day