Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's have our own unofficial poll.

Do you approve of the healthcare reform bill?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you approve of the healthcare reform bill?

• You approve of the healthcare reform package.
    • You are against the healthcare reform package.
    • You plan to reserve judgement about healthcare reform until you learn more about it?

Listening to the tea baggers is like listening to the losing team after a big loss - "we were robbed" "the umpire sucked" "those guys cheated" "no fair!!" When there's a bunch of bad sports bellyaching after a loss, you don't hear them take responsibility for the loss. It's always everybody elses fault and the winners cheated.

Why didn't the tea baggers work as hard on winning and seeing to it that their representatives worked at fixing the health care system instead of just saying "no" and whining about what awful people the winning players were?

Because b!tching is much more fun.

Well that's true Leigha.

But I also believe that they are disengenuous in their stupid sloganeering. (I'm pretty sure I made that word up. Hmmm, it seems to describe what they've been doing though.)

Here it is. Another right-wing extremist group using the bible to promote and defend its violent ways against the government and law enforcement

These people are mentally ill persons. They are in no way considered Christians, even if they say that's what they are. The mom who ran her car into the lake with her 5 kids in it said that God told her to do it. She wasn't right either. It is unfair and stupid to associate these kinds of mentally ill people with any political party. And you should be ashamed of yourself for doing it.

Listening to the tea baggers is like listening to the losing team after a big loss - "we were robbed" "the umpire sucked" "those guys cheated" "no fair!!" When there's a bunch of bad sports bellyaching after a loss, you don't hear them take responsibility for the loss. It's always everybody elses fault and the winners cheated.

Why didn't the tea baggers work as hard on winning and seeing to it that their representatives worked at fixing the health care system instead of just saying "no" and whining about what awful people the winning players were?

We didn't "just say no" we said "Hell NO!" We didn't want it.

Here it is. Another right-wing extremist group using the bible to promote and defend its violent ways against the government and law enforcement

These people are mentally ill persons. They are in no way considered Christians, even if they say that's what they are. The mom who ran her car into the lake with her 5 kids in it said that God told her to do it. She wasn't right either. It is unfair and stupid to associate these kinds of mentally ill people with any political party. And you should be ashamed of yourself for doing it.

First of all, don't kill the messenger. I am never ashamed of anything I post, btw, especially not this. If it hits too close to home, too bad.

These people are a well organzied militia. They are not all mentally ill. They possess the same level of anger I see in the tea party with the same target: the government. They meet in camps, compounds and in the woods, but to me they are no different than those who come to anti-Obama rallies wearing their second amendment guns strapped to their hips.

And they believe that THEIR interpretation of the bible is correct, just as you do. And they use it to rationalize their behavior. All in the name of God. Just like those who use the bible to support their extremist views.

Just like those who use the (insert book of your choice) to support their extremist views.

First of all, don't kill the messenger. I am never ashamed of anything I post, btw, especially not this. If it hits too close to home, too bad.

These people are a well organzied militia. They are not all mentally ill. They possess the same level of anger I see in the tea party with the same target: the government. They meet in camps, compounds and in the woods, but to me they are no different than those who come to anti-Obama rallies wearing their second amendment guns strapped to their hips.

And they believe that THEIR interpretation of the bible is correct, just as you do. And they use it to rationalize their behavior. All in the name of God. Just like those who use the bible to support their extremist views.

People who attempt to kill people are mentally ill. There is something wrong with them because they don't think right mentally.

Ah if only it were true, patty. Then we wouldn't have to argue about capital punishment. We don't put mentally ill people to death. That's why they have the "not guilty by reason of insanity" defense.

Everyone who kills isn't insane. And everyone who invokes passages from the Bible to justify their deeds aren't mentally ill either.

We may not always understand their motivation for doing those things but many are just very selfish, self-important and very misguided people.

I just finished typing a post on another thread about this.

Why do Americans feel safe from foreign terrorists when the terrorists we should fear the most are right next door to us?

Don’t you find it interesting that most in the media are not really calling these whack jobs terrorists? As far as I’m concerned, they are just as much terrorists as Al Qaeda.

yes I am saddened by that.... No one ever says the , Christian man, the Jew , the Hindu. Killed his wife and family etc. They NEVER DO... but someone if they are Arab or Muslim they are quick to point it out in the media as if they want to keep the people under constant fear of these people. Some of these people that do the henious crimes are your neighbors and gasp of the same ethnic group or religion as many of you.... How many times has it hit the news of the Christian man who beat his wife???? But many say that Muslims beat their women. I am Muslim (convert) I do no know ANYONE who is abused by their husband. I do not KNOW ANYONE who is Muslim who harms another.

Even that thing with "Jihad Jane" What was that about??? The news later said she had no religious affiliation. However the damage was done. Many Muslims in America are closet Muslims. It is a shame because we are nice, caring , law abiding citizens that want the best for our families. It is a shame you May never know that your neighbor is Muslim because he is afraid to tell you.... The are Millions of beautiful Muslims in the US.

I am a former preachers Kid... Should I judge Christianity by the KKK? Amazing what the media gets away with. It feeds so much anger and hate and mistrust in our nation. There is good and bad in every culture and religion.

The challenge is for us to be the most compassionate and understanding of others. We need to respect each other for God knows what we do. He knows our hearts.

I pray God has Mercy on all of us and Softens our hearts toward each other.

Don’t you find it interesting that most in the media are not really calling these whack jobs terrorists? As far as I’m concerned, they are just as much terrorists as Al Qaeda.

Thanks for sharing that with us

yes kartman, I do find it interesting and too bad.

HappyC, thank you for your post. I've been trying to tell people that too from my own vantage point (which is not Muslim) but coming from you, it is much more powerful!

yes kartman, I do find it interesting and too bad.

HappyC, thank you for your post. I've been trying to tell people that too from my own vantage point (which is not Muslim) but coming from you, it is much more powerful!

Maybe that's because unlike the few who post on these forums they know they are not terrorists, but angry constituients who were ignored by their congressmen and steamrolled by this administration to do what they did not want.