Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Ready to give up!

270 days---8 months & 25 days---38 weeks

That is how long it has been since my surgery. I have only lost 32.5lbs. I have fallen off the bandwagon for sure. I have been so depressed about it that I have not even been to see my doctor since December B/C I know he will be fussing at me.

I work 2 jobs and I have 4 kids at home. I can barely find time to go to the Gym. I find myself eating on the go, not eating the right things, and eating way too much. I have a 9cc band and I am at 7.5 ccs. Even after my fills, I still felt hungry. I have just became very frustrated and angry over the whole thing.:o

I need some help but not interested in going to see the doctor until I know what to say. My doctor is nice, don't get me wrong. He is just the kind of doc that doesn't accept any excuses.

Hi

eight months is still early in the game I didn't start losing any weight until I was four months in. Before that I was actually gaining. I now it is frustrating. I saw go to your Dr. be honest and tell him the complications your life style makes for you. Hopefully he will help you find ways of dealing with those, so you can be back on track. Good luck!!

270 days---8 months & 25 days---38 weeks

That is how long it has been since my surgery. I have only lost 32.5lbs. I have fallen off the bandwagon for sure. I have been so depressed about it that I have not even been to see my doctor since December B/C I know he will be fussing at me.

I work 2 jobs and I have 4 kids at home. I can barely find time to go to the Gym. I find myself eating on the go, not eating the right things, and eating way too much. I have a 9cc band and I am at 7.5 ccs. Even after my fills, I still felt hungry. I have just became very frustrated and angry over the whole thing.:o

I need some help but not interested in going to see the doctor until I know what to say. My doctor is nice, don't get me wrong. He is just the kind of doc that doesn't accept any excuses.

I'll be happy to try to help you. First of all, congratulate yourself for the wieght you have lost and kept off! No, now REALLY do it!!!!

OK, now you have given me all of the information we need to help get you back on track. If you are going to commit to it, why don't you make an appointment to see your doctor in a month, when you will have been back on track for a little bit? This will up the ante and also demonstrate to yourself your level of committment. Just a thought...you do what feels right to you.

Next, you are super busy- I get it. There are ways to set up your food schedule so that it works into your hectic daily schedule. Again, another commitment required on your part- you need to plan....Your choice, remember, it's all about choices. Take a look at your kids.....now take a really good look at them...do they want their mom to be healthy and happy and able to keep up with them? I bet they do. ou had the surgery to help yourself so now you have to help yourself....Don't worry about the gym to start with. If you put too much more on your plate you will not have the mpotivatio n to do anything. You will be overwhelmed- which is exactly where you are. Work on one step at a time...let's look at food...do you make your kidslunches to take to school? Do you make them Breakfast? Do you make them dinner? You may want to take the next step and figure out what you can eat that is high Protein, low fat and low carb that would fit into those on the go meals..Send me your ideas..You are reaching out for help, are very frustrated and have alot on your plate, alot of stresses in your life that get used for permissions to self sabotage. what was your plan when you started? You can get back to it. I'll help you. Let's do one little thing at a time. My daughter is a single parent of 4 kids so I truly empathize with the 2 jobs, 4 kids, hectic, never ending stress. You can PM me or email directly. If you can find the time, take a look at the latest post on my blog about planning food...Agreed it's easier for me, I was only dealing with one persn's eating habits, but you may get some ideas on how to start planning. You can find it at Adjusting My food Choices – Breakfast With Gloria

Hang in there. You can do this!

Well in the last week or so I have been trying to push myself alittle more. Since it is starting to get nice outside, I started going for a bike ride when I get home from work at 9:45pm. I try to ride for at least 30-45 minutes depending on the endurance I have left from working all day. I have also started to do more lifting and stretching on job #2. I work at the Dollar General at night so lifting boxes and such are easy to get away with without looking like I am exercising on the job. LOL

I have also started buying Protein Bars and cheese sticks for quick healthy Snacks during the day. As far as meals are concerned...my kids get free lunches at school so I don't pack for them. I am not home at night and my husband tries to cook good foods, 75% success (LOL). I pick out the healthy stuff for lunch the next day and put everything else away or throw it away (shhh, dont tell him that!:tt1:)

I could really use some quick workout ideas for break times at work. I get 2, 15 minute breaks during job #1 and 1 thirty minute break on job #2. Like I said, I get home around 9:45 at night and by then I am just soooo tired, but I still try to push myself along in doing something.

A few quick meal ideas would be great too.:o

30 minutes ago I called to make an appointment with the Doc. April 13th is the earliest I could get in. :o

So I went to the doc yesterday. I have gained a few pounds since my last visit. Overall my labs came back good and I have not stretched my pouch or anything:thumbup:!!

Thanks to all of you who encouraged me to go talk to the Doctor. He did not fuss at me but instead was very concerned as to why the band was not working for me. All-in-all, I have not been working for the band. I know what I've been doing wrong and I know what to change.

HERE WE GO AGAIN....BACK TO SQUARE ONE! :cool:

So I went to the doc yesterday. I have gained a few pounds since my last visit. Overall my labs came back good and I have not stretched my pouch or anything:thumbup:!!

Thanks to all of you who encouraged me to go talk to the Doctor. He did not fuss at me but instead was very concerned as to why the band was not working for me. All-in-all, I have not been working for the band. I know what I've been doing wrong and I know what to change.

HERE WE GO AGAIN....BACK TO SQUARE ONE! :cool:

You can do it! I'll be happy to help.

I bet that was a relief to get that Dr. visit over with. I feel the same way about mine. I've been regaining and not working the band also. going to start attending weight watchers to get that weekly support. Good luck in your endevors, you sound really busy, can't imagine doing your schedule.

Sandyjean I am very proud of you. First for asking for help, and then going to the Doctors. Good for you, I am glad you did not give up. I know I could not handle your schedule and try to do this as well.

Sandi I am truly impressed with your advice to Sandyjean. I think it is amazing how people on this fourm are willing to reach out to help a stranger.

I went last week to have my Thyroid checked....Um well, Hypothyroid! :blink:Back on meds for that. Great News though...I have lost 6 lbs. in 6 days. I have been more faithful at taking my Vitamins and eating better. Finding time to exercise is still certainly a big challenge. I have been doing about 10-15 minutes everynight before bed. Small steps lead to big steps. Mid June school will be out...So I will have more time during the day to devote to exercise. I will not know what to do with myself when I have some extra time on my hands!!!:scared2:

I went last week to have my Thyroid checked....Um well, Hypothyroid! :blink:Back on meds for that. Great News though...I have lost 6 lbs. in 6 days. I have been more faithful at taking my Vitamins and eating better. Finding time to exercise is still certainly a big challenge. I have been doing about 10-15 minutes everynight before bed. Small steps lead to big steps. Mid June school will be out...So I will have more time during the day to devote to exercise. I will not know what to do with myself when I have some extra time on my hands!!!:scared2:

Sandy...getting back on your thyroid meds can only be a plus for you. Sounds like you have turned a corner and not feeling so overwhelmed by getting back on track. Congrats on that.

Also, really make an attempt to move 30 minutes a day...even if it is just a brisk walk. Break the exercise into 10 minute sessions if you are having a hard time fitting it in.

Document your food to keep yourself accountable. If you are always on the go, keep a little notebook with you to keep track.

Wishing you luck!