Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in Houston use Dr Felix Spiegel?

I've been approved and will have my surgery next week. Scared and excited all at once...just trying to connect with anyone in my area.

TexasLady

I used De.Spiegal....Its been right at 2 yrs and I have lost over 100 pounds...But its not the easy way ...if thats what you think....It still just like you are dieting you have to watch what you eat...

Nancy

I am reading all of these comments on Dr. Speigel and I wonder if anyone has had my experience...as I am now looking for a fill doc...

I used Dr. Speigel Feb 2008. I was doing well, by my 3 month appointment I had lost 36 pounds. I was pleased, but still had a long way to go. Had another fill in June and didn't feel a need for another one for a while. I was losing weight and doing well and felt like I had a "handle" on my weight loss. Then the hurricane hit and we were relocated and dislocated and well...we lived in Kemah, if that explains anything. So it was a hard time for us. I started back needing a fill in October. I had one then and was surprised that through it all and after the disaster, I had still managed to lose weight. So I was 50 pounds down.

Then came November. I started feeling the need for another fill shortly after Thanksgiving. I have been trying since then to get in and haven't been able to.

They have scheduled me for fills...and it takes 3 or 4 weeks to get in. The day before my fill, his nurse calls and says that either he is taping a commercial or he overbooked his surgeries or some lame excuse and has been canceling on me. I have had 10 appointments since November and all have been canceled. Granted I canceled 2...1 for a funeral and 1 because I had the flu...other than that, they have canceled them all and have no sympathy that I am gaining my weight back.

I feel like they have abandoned me and now I am trying to find another doctor and everyone wants a crap load of money to transfer me. I called to see if I can get a Saturday appointment because I work and Dr. Speigel's office said that I don't live far enough away to warrant a weekend appointment..even though I live 1 and a half hours away.

They don't seem to care about their patients. Also when you go in for a fill, you have to wait about an hour after your scheduled appt...because he is so BOOKED UGH!