Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help

Help PLEASE I am in Aruba, I just came back from the hospital, with severe pain in my band and back area, they have no idea about the band so they wouldnt x ray it. Does anyone know what could have caused this...? I did get sick on some pizza chesse, and have been sick like this before, but never needed to go to the hopital.They gave me meds, but I AM AFRAID MY BAND has slipped. Anyone ever have this before.....I am do home on Thursday, and have a doctor appointment on Friday......Thanks for any help u might have.

Jorjet...without violating any confidentiallity laws..there was a pt. in the er today with alot of pain in the abdomen and she's a band pt. the Xray showed the band in position and our dr. I believe told her to stay on shakes till this pain passed...I don't know if yours has slipped but I would suggest to stay on liquids and Protein Shakes till you get back and see dr. kwon.....Hope you feel better.........Cindy

Good advice Cyndel. I agree. Is there a band doc in Aruba? Surely there is? You could also ask for a flouroscopy exam? Unless you had a band doc it would do you no good though. I have no idea what a slipped band looks like under flouro.

Research some MX band docs and see if one is in Aruba? Maybe someone will pop up here and at least give you a link?

Wow, take it easy. Go liquids. Sip slow and relax. If you are slipped, you can't do anything till you get back anyway, right?

Wow Jorjet. Keep us posted, okay? ((((((hugs))))

try some liquid or chewable acetaminophen for the pain. Stay on sips of liquids, warm tea might be soothing, a heating pad might help. You do need to see a band doc if this persists. Good Luck

Thanks everyone for the help, I was mental last night, but feel somewhat better today....I will be home late Thursday night, and will see my doctor on Friday.....I love you guys, ur always there to sooth the mind....Huggggs

Hi Everyone,

Well I am home from beautiful Aruba, and I went to see my Dr. today.

I am going in to the hospitall at 8 am, tomorrow morning to have my Gall Bladder out.

I dread the thoughts of calling my job on Monday, after just taking a week off for vacation and telling them I will be out for another 2 weeks....but what can I do? Doctor Kwon said it has to come out, or it could infect my band.

Has anyone else had this happen after getting the band?

You gotta do what you gotta do. It is a health issue, and you can't mess around with that. Everything will be okay. You take care of yourself, and let us know how you are doing! Cindy

I haven't been banded yet, but I have had my gall bladder out. I'm sure because of the location it won't affect your band at all. I'm relieved to hear it wasn't any slippage with the band, although certainly having your gallbladder removed is not a picnic, but neither is it very difficult. I don't know if I was unusual, but I was up and around the very next day. I had 4 small incisions held together with durabond and steristrips. I had absolutely no gas and only took pain meds for 2 days, then switched to Tylenol.

I guess I'm doing things in reverse, but please don't worry about the gallbladder surgery. Now that they do it laparoscopically it is not bad at all.

Best of luck to you and God Bless.

I'm glad to hear that it is "only" your gall blader.

I only needed a few days off for my gallbladder, I think I was back to work within a couple of days. Not happy about being back so soon, but well there you go.

Take care of your self

JORJET

Im so sorry that I totally missed this thread! I am sorry that you had to go through this, but Dr Kwon is an exceptional surgeon/doctor/person......He will fix you up! Please let us know how your doing! You should have had your surgery yesterday by now..and hopefully your resting comfortably at home~

Will be thinking of you~

Talk to you soon~

Glad you went to see the Doctor, You'll be as good as new when he fixes you, Dr. Kwon is a very good doctor and back on your road to recovery. Good Luck and God Bless!

I stayed out of work for 4 days for my gallbladder but mine was not acting up when they removed it. If the gallbladder is really bad you may need a little extra time to recover. Any rapid weight loss can produce stones in the Gallbladder and people that have lost and gained a bunch tend to have issue. I had stones and didn't even know it but my doctor took out my gallbladder before installing my band to avoid any future problems. He said that we could leave it in but chances were that it would be infected within six months of being banded. Sorry you got sick on your vacation but don't worry about the surgery - IMO it was much much easier than the band.

Good luck,

Jorjet - I had my band surgery on July 12 - and had my gallbladder out September 2....so I know where you are coming from! If it helps you to know, I found the gallbladder surgery a lot easier than the band..........I had my band surgeon do the gallbladder! I was lucky it worked out. It never happens at the right time - I teach 5th grade, and had to miss the first week of school....that was bad timing too!

Good luck.....and take your pain meds when you come home....they told me to take them continuously for the first couple days....I stayed on them for 5! But the surgery itself was a lot easier for me. Let us know how you do!

amy

Hi everyone,

Well, I did survive the surgery,but it sure wasn't easier then the band surgery. My Doctor, was great, but the Anestigelogist(sp) sucked, she was down right ignorant as far as I was concerned. As the nurse was taking me into the O.R., the wench came out to ask me a few questions before the surgery, I asked her to reasure me, I wouldnt wake up during the surgey, she said she wasnt in the guarrentee business.I started to cry. then she told me not to cry, cuz I would make her job harder cuz I would be congested, then she walked away....what a cold..B*tch. Anyway, I think she over dosed me with the stuff, cuz I have had a massive headache since, and also been vomiting...I see my doctor tomorrow...and plan to tell him all of it. Do u all think I am being a baby about all this, or should I just let it go...

Thanks so much for all your support....I always run here when I have a problem....(((((( huggggs)))))) e1