Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reflecting after 2 years of changes....

I realize many who started this journey with us no longer visit the site, and like many of you, I turned off notifications for a while, too. I've been really struggling lately and wondering why, particularly now that I'm 2+ years post surgery. It's made me sit back and reflect on the many changes that have occurred in my life---the many positive and few negative, too. So I'm curious to know---what struggles do you have now, if any? What changes most surprised you? What has enabled you or kept you from being successful? It's been one more year and yet I've barely lost 10 pounds. (I'm down around 110-115, so I'm not complaining....) I swear it's not from a lack of trying or working the band, but I feel much like my old non-banded self with regard to the frustration and disappointment. So with all of that, I'm back here for inspiration and commiseration. Hope you're all well. :eek: Paige

I find I am having a hard time not drinking when I eat.

I had a long period of not getting enough food in so I would drink to try and get some thing down. I kept waiting for the swelling to go down so I could eat normal again...but it never happened so My dr took Fluid out...and well I had picked up bad habits again.

I am being tightened again tommorrow. Hopefuly I can achieve good habits with the new adjustment.

I am a slow loser. but untill this unfill I had not gained anything back...so with the small 8lb gain I am determined to get back on track of losing.

Hello - been over 4 years since my lapband. I initially lost 95 lbs (did not reach my goal) but then gained 20 lbs and holding for 2 years. I eat what I want, as MUCH as I want. Sometimes I have trouble getting the food down but lately, I have no trouble at all. I'm almost embarrassed to go back to the doctor for a FILL. I cannot believe the doctors office does not reach out to it's 'former' patients' but I guess there are so many - it's too hard. Anyone else out there???

I wrote that over 2 years ago. Since then....I've had a major slip, my band unclamped, gained about 40 pounds, and finally re-clamped my band. I've worked my a$$ off---literally. I'm getting married in 54 days and the only thing I can't do is waddle down the aisle large again. I'm almost the size I want to be, but about 20 pounds heavier. I'm working with a trainer and my dietician to get there....

I had a fill today. I think it's important you get over the embarrassment and go back to the doctor. Remember that s/he works FOR YOU! This is and should be all about YOU!!! Maybe it's time to schedule with your dietician, if one is available. Go back to the basics. Are you eating in the right order? Measuring what you eat? Drinking only before you eat? Journaling what you eat?

I believe what you said about the office not reaching out is likely the reason many offices don't do banding. We are labor-intensive compared to the GB patients. Just remember that you've gone through this long process to lose weight. This is all about you and your willingness to change your life. When you're ready to get back at it, your band is still there. Just don't let embarrassment keep you from getting the medical care you need. You've worked too hard to let that happen. Good luck! Keep me posted!!! smile.png

Good luck, congratulations on your wedding!

Thanks! Picked up my dress. I only need a few alterations. For once I'm very happy to be so tall. I only need about an inch or so taken off the bottom. The rest is fantastic! (Oh to avoid the expensive alterations.....) I've got my fill and I'm ready to roll!