Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so confused?

I went for my second filled today..so I thought!...I have only lost 4 pounds since my last fill 4 weeks ago but apparently that is right where they want me to be. No fill for me.

He told me I have the restriction that I need, (if I eat too quickly I get stuck, or if I don't chew properly etc) I was told 1 pound a week is all I am suppose to loose, any more and I should not expect a fill. WHAT! I am so lost! I have so many questions now. I thought I was going to have more restriction and could quit white knuckling it now. He told me I will be dieting from now on. I'm so confused. I thought I would have to be retrained on how to eat not diet for the rest of my life. I am working out and starving!!! Just to lose 4 freaking pounds. I am following ALL of the rules Protein calories exercise Water they say I am doing great!

Yes I know I was gaining before the surgery so I am better off now with it but my goodness I left there crying and haven't stopped all night.

Please anyone give me some words of wisdom not the same old crap that I've heard over and over. I know the facts what I want is WHY it's not working and why they won't tighten me up....please help! can't find the smily for crying my eyes out

I understand where you are coming from. I did really well in the beginning and then all of a sudden it was like my body got stubborn and said...NO MORE! i see my surgeon once a month and my January visit I had lost 24lbs. My Feb visit...I lost 2.5 lbs!WTH!

I was counting calories, measuring everything, eating Protein first, no sugar..etc, etc.

My doc said "relax". I said WHAT?...He said..."relax" "You are doing all the right things." He agreed that I was not restricted enough and gave me a fill and I have lost 8 lbs since last Wed. I actually dropped my exercising down to 3 days a week and it seems to work better for me.

Hang in there. This whole process is guessing game for us and our bodies. Give it some time and rem to look at the big picture (4 weeks of loss averaged out vs. each week) You will be fine. I would however talk a bit more direct with your surgeon. I think sometimes they think we don't know what we are experiencing and we have to say, " I know I need a fill, I can eat everything I want!"

Best of luck!

Hello, I am new to this site. I had the Lapband Sept 08. I did not expect to follow a strict diet, but eat less. I work out 3x a week and eat pretty good, but am not losing much weight. I am only down 20 pounds. I am now at a 10cc fill and still believe I can eat too much. I am also looking for some good advice. Take care.

On the one hand, 4lb in 4 weeks is good weight loss, this is not a surgery that will have you losign 4lb a week for very long. It DOES take a lot of your input.

But it shouldnt be that hard. I never "dieted", and I didnt starve either, I had enough restriction to not be hungry and all I had to deal with was head hunger and poor habits/choices. If you are hungry and that 4lb was damned hard work, then a fill is not an unreasonable request.

I wish these stupid doctors would stop insisting they can read our bodies and interpret our experiences for us and listen to us instead!

My doc was great, I'm so lucky. But what you are going through doesnt seem to be at all uncommon.

It is damn hard work and I do feel like I am on a diet. However, I am learning a new way of eating and making great choices. I'm working out and I am down a pant size also. I will keep at it. I do believe the dr. when he said I do have restriction b/c I ate two pieces of dry chicken the other night and I did get stuck. I guess it takes time. If the next appointment doesn't go better I will have to make some fuss..lol

Hi so confused. I was banded 12-08 and have lost 91 lbs. My doc is really mean with fills, but he did teach me that I can not think the fill is the only way I will lose weight, and not to depend on the fill to do all the work. He really taught me to listen to my hunger--am I really hungry or is that my mind hungry again. I cried plenty too, but I am a little stronger with myself because of it. Hope this helps.