Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded 2/19, having a bad day, need some support

About going back to work in a week.

Maybe the surgery part feels okay; but, you have to remember you are not eating much and you energy is just not there.

No way are you going to be running after patients in a week. You are just not going to have the energy because you haven't been eating enough.

I didn't feel that good after two weeks. I had headaches and felt very weak. It was from not getting enough food at first.

Keep drinking and eat what you can. It does get better but not all people recover quickly.

Take heart. I'm 27 months out. It's not just a strole through the park. You'll be happy, the pain will subside...You have a few weeks of recovery though...You will be ok...keep yer chin up

Thank you all for your support. I appreciate having somewhere to turn. Doc called me today, has me trying kaopectate and Probiotics, thinks part of problem is related to antibiotics I got in hospital. I also bought some flintstones complete Vitamins to try. I'll keep chin up and reminding myself IT WILL GET BETTER AND WILL BE WORTH IT!!

Thanks! I do have gas-x strips, trying them occassionally. I'm trying to get the Protein in but its not going in too easily, hate the feeling of my stomach in my throat. I'll keep trudging along, i'm sure each day will be a little better.

Does anyone have suggestions on tasty Vitamins?

I know how you must feel. I still have problems passing gas more frequently. I have just resolved that it is a natural bodily function and , oh well. At least they are not really smelly (TMI). As for vitamins, I take chewable Centrum. Orange flavor and not too bad either. Wal Mart has these proteing shots-26gm of protein in fruit punch flavor. I add one to a bottle of crystal light and just sip on it until it is gone. I find when I am just sipping all day, I can down more than I realize. Hang in there....this too shall past!:cursing:

A nutritionist told me to take high quality Vitamins. I thought I could use CVS chewable but she said they are worthless. I use Bariatric Advantage now. For me in the beginning I was using soy Protein and it was causing more gas, so my Dr. had me switch to whey and I was able to digest that more easily. Water and walking are key for me. The healing process takes time so try and be patience with your body's needs.

Well, I was had my surgery on 2/8 and am still feeling tired. It does get easier. I was out of work for two weeks and went back this past Monday and was exhausted! Take it easy. It is so worth it. I have lost 28 pounds in 2 weeks. The stage 3 diet (that is what it is called at my program) lasts for about 2 plus weeks. It was so hard to stick to it. I did cheat a little but they say it is for your stomach to heal. I had really bad gas pains as well and the more I walked the better I felt. So, Walk, Walk, and Walk! Get rid of the gas pains. The going to the BR is most likely from all the liquids that you are drinking. As for getting the Protein in have you tried the Slim Fast High Protein Shakes? It has 15g of protein and mix it with milk. It is very creamy and good. Also I have just started using Isopure drinks it also has 15 g of protein and is like a Water and are available at CVS or GNC. I, too had a very hard time getting in the right amount of protein and I am still struggling. It does get better. Once you see the difference on the scale you will feel so much better. As for Vitamins, have you tried the Flintstones Complete? They aren't bad. Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches