Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on december 16, 2009. I am due for my 2nd fill on February 11 but I feel like I can eat as much as I used to! I dont, of course....but Im ALWAYS hungry! always! Will I always feel this way?

Hang in there, Kels. If you're diligent about getting your fills until you get to restriction, this too shall pass. Your doctor should be able to give you a fill every 2 weeks as long as you can eat to excess and are hungry.

I had my 6th (or was it 7th...lost track) fill last Thursday and now have 8.5cc in my band. In the past, by this time restriction would be gone because it was temporary due to swelling. As of this morning, I still have restriction and I can tell you that there is no hunger. Even better, no constant craving for food.

Just remember to follow the guidelines and get your Water in every day *and* your Protein. I drink a low carb, low cal Protein shake in between my meals and mid-evening to boost the Protein and I think that's been a big help in eliminating the cravings.

I had my surgery on december 16, 2009. I am due for my 2nd fill on February 11 but I feel like I can eat as much as I used to! I dont, of course....but Im ALWAYS hungry! always! Will I always feel this way?

Ah, we are cousins!

I was banded on 12-15, having my second fill tomorrow,

and I know EXACTLY what you are talking about!

I cheated BIG TIME last night during the superbowl.

I'm thinking, "I'm banded? Really?

Because look at me shoveling this rice krispy treat

in my gullet! Oh look! Curly fries!":w00t:

Anyway...from what I've read, the first fill

doesn't do jack...other than prepare you for the next fill.

Don't fret...see you on the other side of our second fill!

:)

I, too, was banded on Dec. 16th. I am getting my second fill today. I, too, have NO restriction. Am hungry all of the time. It's very anticlimatic, getting the band and then being hungry all of the time. Just hang in there. Elfie is right. You will get there after several fills and no longer think of food all of the time. Best wishes!

wrong thread! :)

Edited by HiMow

Hi Kels,

If this makes you feel any better, I was banded on 9-17-09, lost 20 pounds in the 6 weeks following surgery, then had my first fill in October and had NO restriction at all, went back the beginning of December, had only lost 1 pound, got my 2nd fill and STILL NO RESTRICTION!!!! I was panicking! I posted on my band month asking for help and I was told by everyone that it usually takes the 3rd or 4th fill to feel the restriction. Soooooo I just got my 3rd fill friday (2/5) putting me to 4.5cc's in a 10cc band and FINALLY!!! I have restriction....so much so that I have yet to get more than ONE bite of solids down, yogurt and soft foods have been fine but no solids really! Normally at this point after a fill, I was eating whatever, whenever, but this time is different. I'm not hungry and my portions are DRASTICALLY smaller! :) I know how frustrating this can be but hang in there and before you know it, you will be at goal weight wondering why you were ever stressed over it! LOL :lol:

Wow, MelsPage, you give me hope! I too have no restriction either. You have a couple more days--try to hang in there! I'm in the same boat right along with you. I went on 1/14 for my first fill and it didn't do anything (wish they would have told me that having my period already makes you swell!). I couldn't get an appointment for fill #2 until 2/25, so I'm praying I feel a little more restriction.

I agree it's so frustrating to go through all this to have to wait some more to actually have our tool work the way we need it to! Hopefully you feel something after your next fill! Just remember to keep eating as much Protein as possible and keep up your Water.

Elfie is right....this too shall pass :-)!

I had about 8 fills untill it got dialed in. So no, once your fill level is dialed in you wont feel that way any more.

Thank goodness I found this thread. I had my surgery done in the Dominican Republic on 1/6/10 and got my first fill today. The problem is, I still don't feel any restriction! So here is my question- how long until I can go back for another fill? Thanks everyone for your help and advice!

Edited by jaxmom

Also a 12/16 bandster and only 1 fill and WAITING VERY IMPATIENTLY for the 2nd. Not till the end of the month though :lol:! Have been eating horribly (darn Aunt Flo and her making me crave things!) and shhhhh......went to McDonalds today and ate a cheeseburger and small fries :thumbup:. (It was delicious :)) Needless to say I ate the whole thing--but I guess I do have SOME restriction because pre-op I would've eaten 2 cheeseburgers and a large fries followed by a mocha frappe. So the band IS there--just not where it should be (and well...I need to make better food choices too)

I got my second fill today. I now have 5ccs in a 10cc band. I do feel some restriction and am now being careful...small bites...chew..chew..chew...breaking pills apart...but am not certain I'm at my sweet spot. Can't tell yet. Not until swelling subsides...will keep you all posted. Best wishes all!!!

thank yall all so so much for all of the support and encouraging words!!!! Im glad to know Im not an oddball or some crazy mishap and this feeling is normal!

to add the Ticker to your signature, copy the bbCode from to the and paste in your signature:

>

Edited by lovelyLorna
typo

yes, just to re-confirm what everyone else has said. It takes multiple fills to get to good restriction. There are the occasional people who don't need any fills or just one fill to get their, but on average you're looking at 2,3, maybe 4 fills before you get restriction. I was one of the lucky ones that felt restriction after my first fill, and then perfectly restricted after my second fill. Added another .25 not too long ago, but actually feel a bit too tight. Getting it unfilled tomorrow. So, if there is one thing I have learned (the hard way) is to take it slowly, one day at a time.

The literature from my surgeon says that you can get a fill as often as every 2 weeks (with the first fill being a minimum 4 weeks), but just from my own personal experience, it takes about 2 weeks for your band to settle down after a fill... so, every 3-4 weeks until you feel restriction is probably better.

Good luck!

Ah, we are cousins!

I was banded on 12-15, having my second fill tomorrow,

and I know EXACTLY what you are talking about!

I cheated BIG TIME last night during the superbowl.

I'm thinking, "I'm banded? Really?

Because look at me shoveling this rice krispy treat

in my gullet! Oh look! Curly fries!":w00t:

Anyway...from what I've read, the first fill

doesn't do jack...other than prepare you for the next fill.

Don't fret...see you on the other side of our second fill!

:cursing:

...i wanna rice krispie treat...