Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Now that my face is thinner, I'm noticing some wrinkles. :angry: Anyone tried botox? I'm thinking about it. I don't want to look frozen, but I would like to zap some wrinkles. I'm still pretty young (37) so I don't think it will look un-natural. Thoughts??

You know, I went through that too, although I'm 42 now, but this was a year or two back. My face really DID readjust. I look pretty good for my age, I think, and people tell me so and I'm an Australian which means that big time sun damage is gonna show somewhere in my future.

I decided for me I dont want to go down the botox/filler route. I've barely known one single person that doesnt then become obsessed with more and more of the stuff, start wanting to fix everything and then ALL of them end up lookiing freakishly similar.

And in Australia, the attitude is maybe a bit different, but Nicole Kidman is pretty much universally hated for turning herself from a gorgeous red haired freckled Australian girl into some weird hollywood looking robot with a forehead like a plasma screen (to quote sharon osborne).

i reckon Celebrate every age, age gracefully and save the botox and surgery only for truly disfiguring features like really terrible eye bags or huge jowls. But embrace your natural face and have the confidence and individuality to remain natural. I firmly believe men like women not overly made up and nipped and tucked people trying to look like anyone but themselves.

wow, sorry that turned into a rant, and i've probably just offended half the readers. I didnt realise that I do actually feel strongly on this.

Well. I can say from a different perspective. I love the stuff and does wonders for wrinkles. As for the Kidman thing, She's entitled to do with her body what she wishes because frankly...she's not lacking in the looks department as far as beautiful goes. I don't want to age gracefully and therefore I am for the fillers, etc. Thats the great thing about life. You are responsible for your own actions. Juvaderm works wonders for deep wrinkles. I am going in again for botox soon.....and NO i am not obsessed. I don't call going in twice a year obsessed....onenuttynurse

Go for Juvederm i preffer fillers than botox. I'm considering getting my smile lines done lol.

And in Australia, the attitude is maybe a bit different, but Nicole Kidman is pretty much universally hated for turning herself from a gorgeous red haired freckled Australian girl into some weird hollywood looking robot with a forehead like a plasma screen (to quote sharon osborne).

You know, they flashed over Nicole Kidman on the Grammy's the other night and I remember thinking, "Wow! She used to be so beautiful." There are a number of other stars in the same boat. They were 'naturally' beautiful and now are freakish looking due to the excess plastic surgery, botox, etc. I've often wondered what they 'see' in the mirror that makes them think they actually look more beautiful after the 'nip/tuck'.

I see Botox in my future, but am not quite there yet.

I do think it can be horribly overdone---but in the right hands, with the right motivation, can be really effective (as can many of the fillers).

I do think that the face often looks quite gaunt as a result of weight loss--AT FIRST. Almost everyone I've known to have bariatric surgery has had a period of re-distribution and most end up looking really great, facially.

Still, I'm old--so I see lots of plastic surgery in my future!

I just had it done for the first time 10 days ago. I'm 45 and noticed the frown lines between my eyebrows always made me look mad, and the wrinkles on my forehead really bothered me. So I took the plunge, and I have to say overall that I like it. I also had around my eyes done and am not so keen on that, I think when I smile it doesn't look the same...a little droopy perhaps. I don't know, nobody else notices but me. I like the fact that I can still move my eyebrows and still frown ever so slightly, and the wrinkles are not totally gone, because at 45 you're going to have some wrinkles! But I don't look mad anymore and look more relaxed.

So, yes I like it, it does help and I can still move my forehead, but alot depends on your physician and how they inject. I don't think I'll get my eyes done anymore. My doc said the results are more "iffy" around the eye area and I don't think it made alot of difference for me. If you decide to have it done, communicate with your doctor your intentions on the outcome so they know what you expect afterwards. It takes up to 2 weeks to see the results.

I'm not going to judge your decision, it's your face. You have to be happy with it. After 4-6 months, it's pretty much gone anyway.

Try the new Dysport--cousin to Botox! Works faster and lasts longer! Got it on Tuesday and today already see a BIG difference! Good Luck!

Conservative Botox can be a beautiful thing!! Just had it done today! Have also had Juvederm - again, VERY conservatively - and I have been really happy w/the results. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! I have an appointment today to have it done. I'm not getting much so I'm guessing it will still look natural.

I've been thinking about doing something about the vertical grooves between my eyebrows. When i squint they are more pronounced but now it seems like they never relax and are pretty noticeable. i have yet to make an appointment. What was the cost? and did you go to your dermatologist or a plastic surgeon?

I think you will be very happy with the results! I went to my dermatologist--she knows me and I trust her--but have also been to a plastic surgeon--good results also. Cost is same as Botox--$500-550 for both eyes, forehead and between brows. Dysport works faster than Botox and results last longer--ask about it! Good luck!

Mine was around $675 for forehead, between the eyes and around the eyes. My doc charged $12/unit full strength. Actually, my band surgeon has been trained to do it, so I went to him and am happy with the results...especially between the eyebrows. He mentioned that this area seemed to have the best results of all. If that's all I could afford, I would just get that done since that was the area of most concern for me.

Botox is useful for lines made by repeated muscle movements. You should look at a filler, which plumps up areas that need it. You get immediate results that last 6 to 9 months. I prefer restylane, but there are several. They look completely natural.

I've been thinking about doing something about the vertical grooves between my eyebrows.

I have those. My husband jokingly named them after my 3 sons...with the deepest and longest being named after our third son. The stubborn child with the will of Iron. :)