Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My family got fried rice a couple weeks ago, and I discovered that's a big no for me. I tried a bite of the fried rice, and spent the next 10 mins trying to get it back up. After that, I tried some of the orange chicken, and the first couple bites were ok, then bam, back it came. not good.

I can do other types of rice though. Right now I can do sushi, but I get another fill in 2 days so we'll see what happens. And steamed rice I can do, just not fried.

I can do vegies (except corn)with no problem as long as I remember to chew well. Egg rolls and the rice are a problem. I can usually eat rice, but this is a stickier rice and gives me problems.

After a couple of stuck episodes, I've learned chicken has to be in very tiny bites and chewed very well and wait a minute or two before putting anything else in behind it. I read somewhere that chicken is a problem with many people because it's more fibrous.

If you have a Pei Wei near you, I recommend the Hot & Sour Soup (27 grams of Protein per serving!), Lettuce Wraps, and Chopped chicken salad. Yum!!!

I love chinese food, , but i cant eat it anymore -- gets stuck,, hurts like hell, causes PB and pain and Ugg :((((

Yeap! Lilith (my band) does not like it unless it's just the Soup. I leave rice alone after getting seriously stuck one time. Won't touch it again!:(

I've had Chinese three times since being banded 12/11/09. Small portions of rice, steamed veggies, and chicken and have had no problems. I have to chew, chew, chew of course. The broccoli I cut small and chew well. I did get stuck once but I thought it was a carrot, and then just didn't eat carrots and did fine.

Was looking somewhere to post about rice.......I am very loose....need a fill........I can eat just about anything as long as I am not hungry and eat slow....that is anything but rice....I cooked steamed rice tonight...did not over eat and had to throw up everthing I ate just to get rid of the rice...I think if I say it out loud here, maybe I will remember and not do rice again...this is the second time...I pb when ever I eat to fast...but only throw up if I am really stuck.......

I tried crispy orange beef a month ago and let's just say it sure as hell wasn't crispy and *probably* wasn't beef; it was sooooo nasty, and then we started thinking about what kind of meat it could have been and that just made me lose iton the drive home. Don't know if it was a pb or actual bonafide yakking up. But -

NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!! ~shudder~

Hello! I cannot tolerate broccoli or the baby corn in Chinese food. I really like egg drop Soup w/ tofu. I have been able to eat teriyaki chicken w/ mushrooms and steamed rice. I can eat about 4 small bites of the rice as long as it is soaked in the teriyaki sauce. Stir-fry shrimp has also been good to me. :(

I am diabetic so all Chinese food is out of the question for me. Even the salty tasting sauces are loaded with sugar. My hubby loves it so I pick up some for him from time to time but it is out of the question for me. I can eat chicken and I can eat broccoli. Many bandsters say they can't eat rice though. Just try different stuff and chew chew chew!!!

I just got my first fill yesterday, so haven't had any Chinese yet, but prior to being filled, I have had Chinese several times. Didn't really have any problems with anything.

I have learned though with any meats to keep a napkin handy so in case I'm chewing a piece of meat and it just won't break down (due to grissle or fat or whatever), I spit it into the napkin. I figure if my teeth can't break it down, then my tummy sure as heck won't!

I did eat a tiny bit of cheesy broccoli rice last night and didn't have any problems, but I ate more broccoli than rice.

I must be weird b/c Chinese food doesn't bother me at all. Now, I don't eat any rice or noodles but that is b/c I choose not too. Most chicken is fine for me and I love hot/sour Soup. I don't eat anything breaded either. Four generations of women in my family eat out at least once a month together. I let the other women eat all the things I choose not to eat. So far, so good.

For some reason, egg foo yung works for me. I don't understand it, because I usually can't eat eggs. I usually can eat rice and broccoli without a problem, but in restaurant Chinese food, I can't do it.

We love Chinese food, so I've learned to make my own. It's not quite the same, but at least I know the quality of the meat I'm using.

Cindy

What is PB'ing? I've seen it mentioned several times and cannot figure out what it means.:sifone:

Also what is the brand name for the papaya/pineapple enzymes from Trader Joe's that are chewables.:frown:

I don't have TJ's here, but may be able to find the brand at a health supplement store.:huh2:

I have the Realize band and that forum doesn't seem to get much attention. :sad: So I hope I can play here.:)

What is PB'ing? I've seen it mentioned several times and cannot figure out what it means.:sifone:

Also what is the brand name for the papaya/pineapple enzymes from Trader Joe's that are chewables.:frown:

I don't have TJ's here, but may be able to find the brand at a health supplement store.:huh2:

I have the Realize band and that forum doesn't seem to get much attention. :sad: So I hope I can play here.:)

PB is short hand for "productive burp". Generally, it happens when you don't chew something thoroughly enough, the band is too tight, or it's a food that a bandster just can't tolerate. The food comes back up pretty much in a solid piece, not after digestion has started. You'd also probably have "slime" (a lot of thick saliva) first.

The papaya/pineapple from TJ's is TJ's brand. For bandsters that have had good luck with it, have used various brands, and I think often it's papaya only. One person mentioned that they had used Walmart's and it didn't do the trick, but other brands had worked for them. I'm not sure what they'd used though.

Edited by kiz