Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Small" bites?!!!

When you talk about small bites, how small is small? Use concrete examples, please!

Thanks!

Sara

I have been wondering the same thing!

Ive not been banded yet sometime in march but the doctors have told me some sizes like the size of an pencil eraser.

Yup, Pencil Eraser size :-) thats why its important to chew well, and only take small pieces. No more eating chicken or ribs off the bone! lol I've been banded for over a year and i STILL sometimes take bites that are too big... It's a constant learning / doing process...

Best of luck! :-)

I eat from baby spoons a lot of the time and it's the right size for me. I chew my food 30-50 times.

For me, it's more about how much you swallow at a time.

When I eat, I like to take a semi-normal size bite, and then enjoy the luxury of chewing it, and then swallowing just small bits at a time.

Mentally, it feels like I am eating normal and not like a bird.

It works for me. I was banded in mid August and have already lost 55 of the 88 pounds I need to lose.

I do a combination of cutting small, using small spoons and forks with small plates/bowls, and swallowing a little bit at a time from what's in my mouth. Swallowing too big a piece scares me since I don't want to repeat 'stuckness' if at all possible. I'm getting another fill tomorrow and will need to pay more attention than ever to the size of my bites and how long it takes to eat them.

My doc says you shouldn't eat anything larger than one die.

dice.jpg

Like the others said, it's so important to chew well. If I swallow something the size of these dice and don't chew it well I'll be in trouble!

Best wishes to you with your band. I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Sue

I have a tiny fork that I use when I eat. Sure, I look kind of stupid using it, but it really helps when it comes to small bites.