Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want magic, I don't want to work, just give me a magic piece of plastic

I am a banded, self pay, motivated member of this forum. I love the positive attitude of many of the great people here. There are some really remarkable successes and some really motivating works in progress. I look for the names that post with true experience and a logical, sane attitude as to what they are doing.

But I have now changed my attitude.

What I want is a magic piece of plastic.

I want it to peel 100 pounds off of me without work.

I don't want to have to keep going to the gym daily for an hour or two and sweating my ass off, bored to death, listening to the same old motivating music on a hamster machine.

I don't want to have to go to the store and buy veggies and meat. I want to drive up, tell someone what I want, and get it in a nice bag that I can eat on my way to get ice cream.

I want to go to the doctor each month and get a magic shot that will peel another 20 pounds off me before I get home.

I want to make MILK shakes, with toppings and whipped cream. I don't want to have to add Protein and fruit.

Isn't this what the magic plastic will do for me?

I paid for magic plastic. When will it start working?

Fill me. Fill me. That will fix it.

I just want to be thin.

And I what to be thin now!!!

TJ

Ok What's up? Either you are having a bad time or you are POed at the people here who expect magic with no work....Usually you are also a sane member of this forum.

insanity tonight....

I feel your pain, but doesn't that 48 lb loss feel great?

I'm one of the magic plastic believers, to a point. I have not worked as hard as it sounds like you are. I think you will start feeling better about it and get back to the business at hand.

Edited by Humming Bird

I'm not sure if I detect sarcasm in your post or you are having a bad day. If that kind of magic were possible I'd want it too, but....... Hang in there!

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with people being a little impatient for the band to start "doing" something for them. Not that they don't ALSO have to do the work to make the band work, but you act like it's crazy for people to expect the band to help them and be a little antsy for it when some have waited months and even years for this. Why the HECK would anyone get it if it wasn't supposed to make a difference? How condescending. :thumbup:

I never heard of this magic thing and I honestly wouldnt wait 4 it...I kno its a struggle n the weight loss is gonna be real slow at times but u gotta find some type of motivation dat will become ur magic...jus think about how sexy ur gonna look in the spring/summer...think about how when u reach ur goal weight u can eat that icecream without worrying all day cuz who cares if you gain a pound u will still look great! I dont think alot of us enjoy going to the gym and dieting, I mean thats part of the reason why some of us are overweight to begin with...But if we change that attitude, we will see a difference. Thats the only thing that keeps me going..good luck

insanity tonight....

tarajim, are you feeling better about it today? I hope so :w00t:

I can definitely understand where you're coming from TJ. Thank you for your honesty. It sounds like you're working really hard, staying positive, and doing all the right things. It's totally ok to be frustrated sometimes, or a lot, this is a huge change you're making in your life. Congratulations on the work you've accomplished so far. And feel free to talk about your day to day situations. Because in my opinion, that's what this forum is for. It's not just to talk about successes, but frustrations, failures, and everything in between!

I agree TJ. I did everything right for 6 months. Exercised, ate what I was told and the scale barely budged. During the holidays I became frustrated and ate what I wanted. My fills have been so slow to get me to restriction. Its been 8 months since my surgery and I am still in bandster hell. I too am a self pay. No one has $13,000.00 to throw away. I have done all of the work so far. I am back on track with my eating. I envisioned my self much smaller at this point.

Please, someone tell me that this band will do its job, for me and others who are wondering the same?

Edited by 2911plans

Please, someone tell me that this band will do its job for me and others who are wondering the same?

I know from my own experience that when the band is doing its job, our job becomes possible.

Without restriction, I'll be honest and say that I still overeat. Oh, not as much as preband, but that had nothing to do with the band. When I have restriction, like I did after my third fill for a couple weeks and now after my 4th fill, it's easy to put down that fork because I 'feel' full...and I stay satisfied after meals.

This restriction is different from my last. Now I can't even drink small amounts with my meals or I get stuck. Now I am able to stop at 1 cup of food, knowing if I take one more bite, I'll regret it.

What the band does isn't magic...but it can certainly feel that way to those of us who never felt full or content without eating enough food for several adult people. Hang in there guys...and push for your fills. Don't let the doctor set the fill schedule. *YOU* set the schedule. If you're hungry and able to eat to excess...get a fill. You should be able to do this every 2 weeks until you reach restriction.

I truly feel sorry for those of you who have doctors who make them wait months with teeny little fills when they know that until you reach a certain level, you won't have restriction.

Take charge of your own care. Be proactive and get out of bandster hell.

TJ,

How are you doing today? I have to say your post was a bit of a shock because you're usually the most upbeat person, patiently working with your band. So go ahead and have your pity party, my friend, but c'mon back afterward...and soon. You don't want to blow all the hard work you've put in so far!

Hang in there guys...and push for your fills. Don't let the doctor set the fill schedule. *YOU* set the schedule. If you're hungry and able to eat to excess...get a fill. You should be able to do this every 2 weeks until you reach restriction.

I truly feel sorry for those of you who have doctors who make them wait months with teeny little fills when they know that until you reach a certain level, you won't have restriction.

Take charge of your own care. Be proactive and get out of bandster hell.

I agree with Elfie, just like the building a house without a hammer thread by Elfie :w00t:

I read the original post as being facetious and showing frustration with those that keep posting about their bands not working like they should and those that respond with, "it will work after a fill or two" without ever delving into the fact that they have to change their lifestyle in order to make the band work.

I can't figure out if they are being patronizing or are just plain ignorant as to what the band actually does.

I thought the Op was just feeling frustration.

TJ, dude, where are ya? were you being facetious or just feeling the frustration that we all feel about wanting the weight off NOW! and wanting to eat whatever you darn well please?