Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanting to get back on track

Anyone kind of fallin off? I was so obsessed with it at the beginning and lost alot of weight....now I'm kind of just hanging at the same weight....I can't seem to get that motivation back....any ideas? Anyone going through the same thing? I could really use some advise!!! :tt1:

I think that almost anyone can have some "down" time and need to re-group. January is always a little depressing to me. Perhaps if you tried journaling for a day or two you could see in writing what/why you are feeling un-motivated. Set yourself a small goal and what it will take on your part to get to that goal. When go for a bigger one and so on and so on. Good luck.

Wow thanks for this post! I did very well over the holidays, controlled my portions, made carefull choices, cheated a little, didn't gain any weight. Well now its January and I am at a stand still. I haven't lost anything, which is ok for right now but I am feeling a bit sad at times and don't want it to turn into my own little pity party!! lol I had more sugar over the holidays and thought maybe that's the reason. I heard that lots of people go through this at some point. Any ideas how to jump start me again?

I m so glad to hear this, that I m not the only one feeling this way. I am so mad at myself that i can hardly stand it. I have gained a few pounds, have not been exercising and just feel blah. So mad at myself. What has anyone else done when they went through this. It is too cold to do anything outside, i just feel like shit.

perhaps the 5 day pouch test to restart?

I did horible over the holidays - i ate and ate. I don't have the restriction yet as my first fill is not til end of january. I tried to get back on track and nothing. however - i did the 5 day pouch test and I am all set! i lost 6 lbs in a week. Not only did this give my weight loss a kick (which was just a plus for me): I got away from eating crap. I am not craving bad carbs and back to eating what is on the plan and watching the portions.

What is the 5 day pouch test????

Hopeful60 are you sure your not in my head!!!! That is exaclty how aM FEELING....

I would have sworn 6 months ago I would never feel this way again....but a little here a little there!!! GGRRR....

Ok help us out here whats this 5day pouch test???

This is just an excerpt from the website. There's lots more info and recipes.

Day 1 & 2: liquids

The first two days are all liquids. You can have as many low-carb Protein shakes as you like to satisfy hunger or cravings. In addition drink at least six 8-ounce glasses of Water each day. The purpose of all liquids is to break any snacking, grazing or processed carbohydrate habits. In addition the liquids will work to cleanse your system and prepare you for the following three days.

Try to reduce your caffeine intake as well, but do not stop caffeine cold turkey or you will feel sick and frustrated potentially losing the desire to continue with the pouch test.

Day 3: Soft Foods

The next three days you get to eat as much as you want as often as you want! Ahhh, but there's a catch: it has to be solid Protein and you only get 15 minutes each time you sit down to eat. No drinking 30 minutes before or after meals and no drinking with your food. A dry pouch will hold your soft protein longer helping your to feel full and fed longer.

Protein Recommendations: canned fish (tuna or salmon)or salmon) mixed with lemon and seasoned with salt and pepper, eggs cooked as desired seasoned with salt and pepper and/or salsa, fresh soft fish (tilapia, sole, orange roughy), baked or grilled, and lightly seasoned.

This starts your program with "soft" protein. Measure your portion (1 cup volume or 4-6 ounces weight) and eat only until you feel full, not overfull. Remember, no Water for 30 minutes before or after you meal, and no fluids with your meal. We are going back to the beginning and fluids will prevent you from feeling the pouch. If you need to add a moist condiment (e.g. mayonnaise) to the canned fish I understand, but keep it to a minimum so the meat is not too moist. One reason we lose the sense of tightness in our pouch is that we eat "slider foods" - foods that are too moist and do not stay in the pouch very long, they slide right through the stoma.

Day 4: Firm Protein

Protein Recommendations: ground meat (beef, turkey, lamb) cooked dry and lightly seasoned, shellfish, scallops, lobster steamed and seasoned only with lemon, salmon or halibut steaks, grilled and lightly seasoned.

By now you should be experiencing that familiar tightness that will reassure you that your pouch is working.

Day 5: Solid Protein

Protein Recommendations: white meat poultry cooked dry and lightly seasoned, beef steak (if tolerated) grilled or broiled.

Remember to chew chew chew. Measure your portion (4-6 ounces) and eat only until you feel your pouch tighten. Remember, only 15 minutes per meal, so you'll have to work fast to chew your food completely. By now you should be out of any carb cycle you were in and perhaps you have lost a pound or two. You will have new confidence in your pouch and your ability to work the tool for your health and emotional well being.

I'm trying to think of my last 30ish lbs as a sort of new begining. What better time than the new year! I'm trying to forget about the 50lbs I've already lost and focus only on the last 30+. I know these are going to be the hardest. I'm going to do whatever it takes to reach my goal. I've ordered the the body bugg and will start using that next week when I get it. I will change my exercise routine, change up my eating .... As far as indoor exercise, I love my treadmill. Some inexpensive alternatives are exercise DVDs, dumbbell weights, and mini trampoline.

We can do it! THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!!