Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a huge FAIL need fill advice

without going into my long whiney story:

I have a 10cc standard size band

I've had 2 fills, an unfill, and a refill.

I think i have something like 4.75cc right now.

My dr does not seem to be able to do anything in .25cc increments. it's either 50ccs or nothing.

I was very tight at 5cc....maybe i just panicked tho, and should have waited a week.

i really really need to get back on track and i'm ashamed to go back to his office, have him lecture me for the 100th time.

i'm so hungry all the time just like before surgery and i can eat way too much.

i'm very sad and dissapointed with myself most of all

I'm so sorry your discouraged. I think you should tell your doctor this. Tell him you only want .25cc because you are too tight at .5cc.

Are you experiencing real hunger or head hunger? If you are really truly hungry then you need a fill.

How are you doing with your weight loss?

Don't feel like your a failure, It's really hard to figure this fill thing out. My fill center doesn't have fluro so it's kinda a guessing game. She has me drink Water as she injects the Fluid and ask me to tell her when I feel it slow down and to tell you the truth Hell if I know, It seems like I go right from not enough to too much. I think I may need a fill now but am a little gun shy. I think once you've had an over fill(so very painful) you tend to try to stay on the safe side. Try a .2. That shouldn't be hard for them to hit. Good luck!

I don't get fluro fills either. well he did a floro right after surgery to make sure it was working right.

I don't under why ppl keep telling me it's "head hunger" when my stomach is growling so loud that literally my co-workers can hear it, and i have PHYSICAL sensation of what you feel when you are hungy---ie, rumbling, tumbling, buzzing growling in the area below my diaphragm and above my navel.

Can someone point me to definitive information (scientific) that distinguishes this type of hunger?

I appreciate everyone's respone to my somewhat tortured posts.

thanks

GD:blink:

You haven't failed until you give up.

Don't give up! Getting this whole Lap-Band thing to the elusive "sweet spot" is not a quick and easy task.

Others have suggested you talk to your provider but if you aren't comfortable with them or feel like they are being critical of you, is it possible to look for another provider? This is going to be such a close relationship that is seems silly to spend it with someone you think is judging you.

Good luck and Don't give up!!!:smile2:

~A

I don't get fluro fills either. well he did a floro right after surgery to make sure it was working right.

I don't under why ppl keep telling me it's "head hunger" when my stomach is growling so loud that literally my co-workers can hear it, and i have PHYSICAL sensation of what you feel when you are hungy---ie, rumbling, tumbling, buzzing growling in the area below my diaphragm and above my navel.

Can someone point me to definitive information (scientific) that distinguishes this type of hunger?

I appreciate everyone's respone to my somewhat tortured posts.

thanks

GD:blink:

I didn't say it was head hunger. I simply asked you if it was real hunger or head hunger. I am trying to help you but you don't seem to want to provide the necessary information for somebody to accurately asses your situation.

happy2lose only asked what kind of hunger you had - a good question. You answered and it is evident that it is real hunger not head hunger. Head hunger is when you think you want food, but your stomach is not growling or empty.

Don't feel bad though, because you are not failing. I feel for you. The tightness of the band can be finicky. It can be tighter in the morning than the evening for some (including me). I've also been too tight and then after an unfill I could eat more than the 1/4 or 1/2 cup they recommend you eat. It's very frustrating that sometimes I get food not going down well and other times I can eat a lot more. Although since I can't and don't need to eat what I used to before surgery, my doctor doesn't want to do another fill right now. My weight loss is very slow, but so far it's going in the right direction, most of the time.

Are you eating your Protein first? Protein takes the longest to digest and will make you feel full longer. Are you drinking with or near meals? That will wash food through faster.

Hang in there, eat what you need to to not feel hungry and if you eat so much you're gaining weight (when making good food choices and exercising) you need a fill. 5cc may feel different next time anyway.

You're not a failure, you just need a fill.

Another thing to consider... are you drinking while eating? I am having a lot of trouble breaking this habit myself and find that when I am able to not drink a single sip with my food I get full on much less and stay satisfied much longer.

Ghostdog, Can I ask how long you've been banded?

You aren't a failure, there is some of us that the band just takes some time to get its sweet spot. I had my surgery and then less than a year later I got preggers!! I couldnt have a fill for over a year, and now almost three years post op I am just now filling. I have had at least for once a month since I was 3months post partum. I still need another! Just fill slowly til you get comfy. slow and steady wins the race remember? Hope it gets better for ya!:thumbup:

Bonnie_Lass and Happy 2 Lose -Good answer here!

I too have had very slow loss. It is very discouraging. My dr. gives .2 or .3 cc fills. I have gotten tired of the slow progress and am going to talk to them next time I'm in. My stomach is noisey to and I am hungry. I use a lot of willpower!!! I've only lost 31 in 5 mo. So you are not alone, We have to keep working until we find the right fill amount. Good Luck! This forum is a great help! Thanks to all of you who are always willing to help.