Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A few questions and Medicade

questions:

1. I will be 6 months out on Jan 31st, will my hair start growing out (it got long but isn't quite thick) and getting thicker again?

2. Is there another way to get enough Protein a day without drinking Protein shakes (they make my stomach really upset now)?

3. For those who are 6+ months out, what is your daily life like, like mainly your daily meal/diet like? (just so i can have a better idea)

4. Did any of you have stretch marks (all your life...before surgery) where? [i have them on my stomach, hips, upper arms, and boob area.] And how much did you lose? Are they still horrible looking? Are you at goal weight?

5. Did you get pregnant (not that i want to, just curious)? How are your stretch marks now? Did they get worse? How many kids did you have (for future refference, I want to have two kids but i'm worried that my stretch marks will get worse, redder, uglier, and just horrendous.

6. Why do you need to get unfilled when being pregnant?

7. Is there anything to cover up stretch marks? Makeup? Tattoos (heard it wasn't a good idea because it'll just look worse?)? is there anything else that works

8. How long do you workout everyday?

9. What was your best expiernce with the band so far?

10. People who didn't get plastic surgery, would you still wear a two piece bathing suit like a bikini?

11. Do you plan on getting PS? Why?

12. Do you feel more confident?

13. Do guys/girls flirt with you more?

14. Do guys/girls ask you out more?

15. Did you find the man/woman of you dreams?

16. How many fills did it take for you to get to your goal weight?

17. When you first got your first fill, what was your expierence like? Was it painful? (people who don't get it numbed, please)

18. Can you give me an idea of what your shopping list would look like? ( i know it has to be healthy and stuff and i want lots of fruit)

19. Is there any fruits or veggies you cant eat because of the band?

it would be cool if you all can answer these (: mainly if you are 6+ months out or at goal weight. about the daily meal plan, just want to know so i can buy healthier stuff AGAIN, kind of got out of track and out of hand ): but yeah im starting to get tired of having the same thing over and over

i'm in DESPERATE need of a fill or two. i haven't got a fill yet because as some of you may already know, i was sick for 2 and a half months out of surgery and i didnt start feeling 95% better till the end of December, the weekend of my birthday. and since the week of christmas, i started getting hungry an hour after i just ate and its annoying! so yeah and i dont have insurance right now (i had Bluecross blue shield and i guess after you turn 19 they dont cover you anymore) so i MIGH be getting Medicade i'm not really sure, if so i hope they cover the fills because i am NOT paying that out of pocket, i dont have the money

questions:

1. I will be 6 months out on Jan 31st, will my hair start growing out (it got long but isn't quite thick) and getting thicker again? Not sure what you mean here???

2. Is there another way to get enough Protein a day without drinking Protein shakes (they make my stomach really upset now)? Yes, focus on good solid protein like chicken and fish. I never drink Protein Shakes.< /p>

3. For those who are 6+ months out, what is your daily life like, like mainly your daily meal/diet like? (just so i can have a better idea) Breakfast: no-fat Greek yogurt or oatmeal, Lunch: Can of Beans, Dinner: Small portion of chicken and veggie.

4. Did any of you have stretch marks (all your life...before surgery) where? [i have them on my stomach, hips, upper arms, and boob area.] And how much did you lose? Are they still horrible looking? Are you at goal weight? Yes had them for a long time and still have them.

5. Did you get pregnant (not that i want to, just curious)? How are your stretch marks now? Did they get worse? How many kids did you have (for future refference, I want to have two kids but i'm worried that my stretch marks will get worse, redder, uglier, and just horrendous. Do you mean getting pregnant after lapband???

6. Why do you need to get unfilled when being pregnant? So you can get enough nutrition for the fetus.

7. Is there anything to cover up stretch marks? Makeup? Tattoos (heard it wasn't a good idea because it'll just look worse?)? is there anything else that works Not that I am aware of.

8. How long do you workout everyday? At least 30 minutes but usually closer to 60 minutes.

9. What was your best expiernce with the band so far? Losing weight.

10. People who didn't get plastic surgery, would you still wear a two piece bathing suit like a bikini? Haven't had surgery yet because I have more weight to lose but no way could I wear a bikini without having major plastic surgery.

11. Do you plan on getting PS? Why? Yes, so I can feel like a thin person. I have excess skin and pannus.

12. Do you feel more confident? Absolutely

13. Do guys/girls flirt with you more? DNA

14. Do guys/girls ask you out more? DNA

15. Did you find the man/woman of you dreams? I already had him.

16. How many fills did it take for you to get to your goal weight? Still working on it but I've had 3 fills

17. When you first got your first fill, what was your expierence like? Was it painful? (people who don't get it numbed, please) I get numbed.

18. Can you give me an idea of what your shopping list would look like? ( i know it has to be healthy and stuff and i want lots of fruit) Somebody else does my shopping

19. Is there any fruits or veggies you cant eat because of the band? I have a hard time with veggies unless I steam them to death. Raw carrots are also difficult for me.

it would be cool if you all can answer these (: mainly if you are 6+ months out or at goal weight. about the daily meal plan, just want to know so i can buy healthier stuff AGAIN, kind of got out of track and out of hand ): but yeah im starting to get tired of having the same thing over and over

i'm in DESPERATE need of a fill or two. i haven't got a fill yet because as some of you may already know, i was sick for 2 and a half months out of surgery and i didnt start feeling 95% better till the end of December, the weekend of my birthday. and since the week of christmas, i started getting hungry an hour after i just ate and its annoying! so yeah and i dont have insurance right now (i had Bluecross blue shield and i guess after you turn 19 they dont cover you anymore) so i MIGH be getting Medicade i'm not really sure, if so i hope they cover the fills because i am NOT paying that out of pocket, i dont have the money

It's my understanding that if you are a full time student BCBC will cover you. Check into this.

It's my understanding that if you are a full time student BCBC will cover you. Check into this.

im a high school student and its my last year, i will check into it

and what i meant by question one is that some people after surgery their hair falls out a bit, mine got really thin to the point where it looks like i have bald spots but i think its starting to grow back

ok chicken i can do but fish i cant cause i dont like it unless its tuna in the can, eggs, milk, cheese, and peanuts

yeah for number 5 i meant for after cause i wanna know for like the future and just curious what its like

what's pannus?

yeah i cant eat veggies raw they taste nasty, they taste so much better steamed,

thanks (:

My hair started falling out at 4 mos. and has finally just stopped at 8 mos. post-op. Pannus is where the stomach hangs down looks almost like a front butt. I don't blame you about the fish, I can't stand it either. I can't seem to handle beef as it always seems to get stuck but as long as the chicken is moist I can get it down. I did get stretch marks from being pregnant but that was over 20 years ago. Still have them, they never went away. What I've heard about stretch marks during pregnancy is some people get them and some don't.

ohh i think mine started at about the same or earlier but i think its getting better, i dont think its falling out as much now, hope so. oh so is it more than a muffin top? i had fish before, it was so disgusting it made me sick and that was before the band. and about the beef, isnt it because its stringy? yeah chicken goes good for me, either boild or grilled and to make it moist i use my fave BBQ Sauce, i dont like anything else on it to make it moist. i had stretch marks since i was around 6yrs old =/ and they're deffinately never go away, but mine arent red, they look white and arent too noticeable, but i have a couple red ones but not too bad. thats the thing about stretch marks, they dont go away, probably if you never had them and get them when youre preg right? but yeah mine are ok, they wont prevent me from the things i wanna do when i get to goal, and if they bother me ill find a way to cover them. yeah i heard the same thing about the stretch marks too and ive seen it too