Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you willing to pay a small fee to be a member of a clothing exchange club?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Are you willing to pay a small fee to be a member of a clothing exchange club?

• yes
    • no

I was wondering how many people would be interested in joining a clothing swap club for a small yearly fee? I know I can't afford a new wardrobe every 2 sizes but I still need to look professional at work so......

This is a group on here already, you get the clothes for free, just have to pay s&h for most.

It doesn't seem to be very organized. I'm wondering where ALL weight loss surgery patients can go and exchange clothing....I've checked other forums and perhaps this one is different but it's not very organized. I've read that some people aren't donating just accepting and not paying it forward.

Just a question...

Many in person support groups have clothing exchanges... All the ones I am in do.

I must be looking in the wrong places :rolleyes2:

I must be looking in the wrong places :)

Dont be sad. Have you asked your team at your surgeons office? Or maybe if you go to a local support group you could ask around or maybe start one yourself. My support group has one also and you can sell your clothes or just donate them kind of like craigs list. Best of luck.:rolleyes2:

I said no only because I would find myself dissapointed if the clothes that I traded for, or received were not the same quality or style that I gave or traded.

Call me vain, lol, but I wear nice trendy plus size clothes for a women in her early 20s, and I would be upset if I recieved worn clothes from the 1980s as a trade.....it's just not equal, and how would you judge them as equal? Really, I have no idea, if someone would explain how they do it, maybe I'd be more inclined to participate.

I said no only because I would find myself dissapointed if the clothes that I traded for, or received were not the same quality or style that I gave or traded.

Call me vain, lol, but I wear nice trendy plus size clothes for a women in her early 20s, and I would be upset if I recieved worn clothes from the 1980s as a trade.....it's just not equal, and how would you judge them as equal? Really, I have no idea, if someone would explain how they do it, maybe I'd be more inclined to participate.

I might be wrong, but I thought it was ebay style where you get to see pics and a description of what you're trading for.

Girl, you sound like me. Not to be materialistic but if I buy nice things then I'd like to trade for nice things. So if we have a site dedicated for WLS patients to trade, where we can post photo's, list brand and if we remeber where we bought it, type and style.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as broke as a joke right now but at one time I could buy (w/i) reason the the clothing I wanted. So I'd like to trade w/i reason for something comparable.

Am I wrong? :thumbup:

I guess I'm different. Since it's not a straight trade, you really have no impact on what you'll get. I'm going to give my old clothes away to someone that needs them - hopefully to someone tall that is struggling to find clothes long enough. I'm very tall, so it's not likely that I would be able to get clothes to fit anyway. It's not like I have a lot of options since I don't plan to have a yard sale. I can donate to charity or to a fellow bander - for now, I'll go with the bander.

Girl, you sound like me. Not to be materialistic but if I buy nice things then I'd like to trade for nice things. So if we have a site dedicated for WLS patients to trade, where we can post photo's, list brand and if we remeber where we bought it, type and style.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as broke as a joke right now but at one time I could buy (w/i) reason the the clothing I wanted. So I'd like to trade w/i reason for something comparable.

Am I wrong? :thumbup:

No, you're not wrong. I don't think anyone would trade a $50 bill for a $20. It's just not equal. But I agree, if there was a site that showed brands, sizes, and pics, I would definetly look at it.

Here is the direct link to the “Clothing X-Change”:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/groups/clothing-x-change.html

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by disorganized. You simply either place an add by creating a new conversation, or you can reply to the OP and exchange information how you want to proceed.

There really is no reason to “pay for a service” which you can get here for free.

Just my personal opinion.