Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Check out this website!!!

Hi everyone! So I just visited with my former boss who had gastric bypass six years ago. She told me about this website that sells Protein powders and ready-to-drink Protein shakes of all different flavors.

Protein drinks and others!! Yay! We dont have to drink the same old crap from Walmart.< /p>

This thread sounds like spam or some sort of advertisement, sorry for that. I just know that I have become so SICK of my same old Protein powder that I have to GAG down these days. I am THRILLED to have some variety and feel like I will stick with this protein thing much better if I have some options.

Hope you enjoy!!

Oops, I forgot to mention that she has been using this site for a long time and said all the Protein powdes are sugar free and all mix really well when they are mixed. This is just what I needed, I cant wait to try it out!!!

My doc said no liquid Protein Drinks after I am on solids. He says they are high in calories and slip through the pouch so they are not as filling. I do have some on hand for fill days, but for the most part I stay away from them...

I just placed a order with them yesterday, the email said it was sent, I will tell you when I get it how good it is.

Mary

My doc said no liquid Protein drinks after I am on solids. He says they are high in calories and slip through the pouch so they are not as filling. I do have some on hand for fill days, but for the most part I stay away from them...

They're only high in calories if you buy the ones that are high in calories....

Yes let me know what you think newgumpee. I will definitely be ordering some things from the site.

I never understood doctor's not wanting their patients to drink Protein shakes. I understand them wanting us to EAT our Protein but to me, I dont see the harm in drinking a shake. I dont drink them to fill me up but it is a good alternative for Breakfast because I cannot eat much in the morning. My doc told me that I still absorb all the protein in the shake so its better than not getting my daily intake for the day. It's just a supplement.

Yes let me know what you think newgumpee. I will definitely be ordering some things from the site.

I never understood doctor's not wanting their patients to drink Protein shakes. I understand them wanting us to EAT our Protein but to me, I dont see the harm in drinking a shake. I dont drink them to fill me up but it is a good alternative for Breakfast because I cannot eat much in the morning. My doc told me that I still absorb all the protein in the shake so its better than not getting my daily intake for the day. It's just a supplement.

thats because they want us to chew and realize we are eating....

I love Andrew Lessmans shakes...but I add things to it and I always add frozen fruit to give it a thinker consistancy

I wish it worked for me, because the breakfast thing would be very handy. I did try the chocolate low carb one in my coffee when I was on liquids to substitute for breakfast, but even though it was low carb it raised my blood sugar way too much. I am ultra sensitive in the morning so I have to either use Flax meal Cereal or hard boiled eggs. Boring but it works.....

Thanks for the site. I'm off to look into it now.

I love my low carb Protein shakes but the thing I love most about them is that they taste good enough to get down...but not so good I'll go "hmmm...think I'll have another." :rolleyes2:

JoJo...I have that same problem (raised blood sugar levels) with some low carb Protein powders. I think it has to do with the type of sweetener they use in it.

I'm using EAS Protein Powder from Sam's and that one doesn't affect my blood sugar levels.

I love my low carb Protein shakes but the thing I love most about them is that they taste good enough to get down...but not so good I'll go "hmmm...think I'll have another." :thumbup:

JoJo...I have that same problem (raised blood sugar levels) with some low carb Protein powders. I think it has to do with the type of sweetener they use in it.

I'm using EAS Protein powder from Sam's and that one doesn't affect my blood sugar levels.

I almost bought some of that at costco last week, but the bag was huge so I did not buy it. I did not know what I would do with it if it did'nt work. I guess I need to find a smaller portion to try!! Thanks

I too like the Protein Shakes for breakfast sometimes. There are some mornings I am just too on the go to sit and chew... but I certainly understand the worry about drinking our calories.

thats because they want us to chew and realize we are eating....

I love Andrew Lessmans shakes...but I add things to it and I always add frozen fruit to give it a thinker consistancy

I believe the chewing part is important but it is only part of the reason we are encouraged to eat real food. Whole food stays in the pouch longer and staves off hunger. I think of course that it varies with different people, so I think whatever works is what we should do. :thumbup:

I almost bought some of that at costco last week, but the bag was huge so I did not buy it. I did not know what I would do with it if it did'nt work. I guess I need to find a smaller portion to try!! Thanks

If you do not like it, save your receipt and return it.... I have done that once... purchased a food item and it was awful

if the Cosco shake works for you... then put some in a jar and keep the rest in a cool area :0)

I'm still in pre-op mode but I just wanted to drop in an say that you really can't go wrong with any EAS product. I've been using the shake stuff for several yeas when they started the "Body for Life" weight loss program. I wasn't successful but it wasn't because of the product, it's all me on that one. But their shakes are very good. The Myoplex Lite has 20g's of Protein and a little less than 200 calories. So you can get a great healthy dose of Protein without going over board.

Also, my doc wants us to eat at least one shake a day the rest of our lives because it insures protein intake. He just says we should only use like 4 oz of Water versus the 14 oz's recommended so that we have room in the pouch for all of it. I'm not sure I want to eat protein glue, LOL; 4 oz would do that. But I'll figure something out when I get there.