Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling a little 'beaten up'

Yesterday I posted about my "good Breakfast, too good?'. I was very excited that I had what I thought was a decent meal for breakfast. Then I got some replies about the poor choices and quantity. I really felt I was doing a good thing with that breakfast. I also went back and checked calories. it was about 350. If we eat about 1000 cals a day and I have 3 meals only that is about right.

I take in stride the salt comments. But if I am spreading out my food groups over the course of a day, is that really wrong? I can't eat peppers and such just yet. Waiting for them so I can add some crunch and flavor, but not yet.

I spent a good part of yesterday feeling bad about my meal, but still don't see what was so wrong with it. I have not gotten a response from nut yet. That breakfast was a 1/4 of the size of what I WAS eating for a weekend breakfast.

I am not angry and believe people were trying to be helpful, but really felt like someone deflated my balloon. :thumbup:

OR MAYBE I HAVE PMS and am BEING SENSITIVE. LOL

Tracy

I think you're being a bit sensitive. If you're going to post food choices on here, you do need to be prepared for a bit of debate. Everyone has different ideas about what's healthy and there's healthy disagreement over the high protein/low carb v "normal" diet thing too. Particularly in Australia, our guidelines are different and high Protein is not pushed, and we all tend to react with a bit of "ooh yuck" at the types of things you guys eat - its a cultural difference.

My idea of a healthy breakfast is something like organic muesli, fruit and yogurt, couldnt be MORE different from eggs cheese and meat. I've lost weight, you'll lose weight, perhaps one of us will be proven right in the future but who cares? One hundred people will now predict the dire consequences of my low Protein choices and I'll predict their demise from bowel cancer and lack of antioxidants. Dont let it get to you, you have to be true only to yourself.

I believe I did make the point that if you spread what you eat food group wise over the day then if you want to eat what you did for breakfast, that's your choice, and that none of us are perfect anyhow.

At the end of the day, its your choice what you eat and how you lose weight. Its nobody else's, but if you ask for their opinion, you've got to be prepared that it may differ from yours. Its not a personal attack.

Edited by Jachut

Hi Jachut,

Yes, you did talk about spreading out the food over the day. I did not feel 'attacked', gosh it is so hard to get "tone" across when you type.

I did not realize that there was such a difference in the high Protein debate. I know each surgeon is different, that is obvious from the posts, but I thought the high Protein was pretty wide spread. It is very interesting.

I see you have been banded a while, I was wondering what you felt about vegan "meat" patties. I had a bruschetta 'chicken' patty tonight for dinner with a bit of FF mozzarella and Tomato sauce. I had 1 bite too many, no PB, but 1 bite too many for sure. I am getting into vegan things, as they have flavor and bulk. I also want to try soy noodles, but not sure if they are allowed.

Thanks, as always, for your valuable input. I sort of see you as the "Band Master", since you are so far oiut of surgery and look AWESOME!!!!

Tracy

Guest austrolatrishy

Don't feel bad... some people have nothing else to do than find fault in others. I look to this board to find support and a feeling of community from people who understand what I am going through. Even if I don't necessarily agree with someone, I don't attack them verbally (public or private). If you don't agree with something, you read it and move on.

If your yummy breakfast didn't cause you any harm, and you enjoyed it, then forget everyone else who wants to bring you down. I've had experiences on this board as well where I have posted a suggestion or asked a question and got belittled. Thankfully I find that those types of people are few and far between.

I, for one, can't wait to try your breakfast suggestion when I progress to solid food. And I don't care what anyone says about it! Thanks for sharing and hang in there! :thumbup:

Don't feel bad... some people have nothing else to do than find fault in others.

If your yummy breakfast didn't cause you any harm, and you enjoyed it, then forget everyone else who wants to bring you down.

I, for one, can't wait to try your breakfast suggestion when I progress to solid food. And I don't care what anyone says about it! Thanks for sharing and hang in there! :sneaky:

What she said. Everyone has their own idea of what they consider 'healthy' eating.

The trick here is to find what you're happy with and what works for you.

I did go back and look at your morning breakfast and here's my .02. I'd skip the egg beater and go for the real egg. Then choose between bacon and cheese since both are high in fat...even those that are reduced fat...rather than having both. Also, a tip I took from when I lost 70 lbs on Atkins...never eat more bacon than you eat eggs. So if you only eat one egg, you only get one slice of bacon. That keeps you from overdoing the fats.

Again, only my .02. Did you 'do good'? Well...what would your breakfast look like pre-band. That will be a better guide than what any of us think. :thumbup:

Just thought I'd chime in and say that I have become a total convert to turkey bacon--much lower in fat and calories than regular bacon, and a good source of lean Protein. Very tasty, too.

the Breakfast you mentioned is on the diet guide my nut gave me. no wrap though but half a wheat pita so its fine. People crack me up on this board sometimes. I wonder why they even got the band if they are such diet experts. I should move to Australia because i agree with there thinking too. Everything is good for us in moderation.even a little fat.LOL