Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 6 of 14 of my pre-op all liquid diet!

Hi Guys, I am being banded on December 2nd and am on Day 6 of my 5 Protein Shake a day 2 week preop diet....I am having a hard day today...I totally feel exhausted and hungry...I have lost 12 pounds which is Great! I guess I am just a little down in the dumps today :biggrin: I know it doesn't help that this is Thanksgiving Week!

Any Words of Wisdom:blush:

Just try to stay busy, and it never hurts to daydream about how great you're going to look over the holidays. While others are gorging themselves and feeling downright miserable, you can sit there smiling as the weight is just melting away. (Okay, I know it's not melting, but it's only a daydream..lol). There's nothing wrong with a little feeling of superiority in our thoughts as we're working toward good health.

I'm on day 13 of 14 of 3 Protein shakes per day. I SOOOOO understand where you are.

I promise, you are at the worst point. It gets better from here on out. You are almost half-way there. And once you are half-way there, you are on the downslide!

Just hang in there and keep thinking, "SHRINK LIVER SHRINK." When it got really bad, I asked myself, Do I want to risk not getting the surgery and having to do this all over again because I didn't shrink my liver? It's totally not worth having to do again!

You can do it,

Amy

Thanks for the encouragement Amy:thumbup:Believe me after all of this hard work..my liver better be shrunken :biggrin::eek::biggrin::eek::biggrin: I know that this is the downward slide and I am just looking forward to the 2nd of December! Good Luck on your Surgery:thumbup:

Hi Guys, I am being banded on December 2nd and am on Day 6 of my 5 Protein shake a day 2 week preop diet....I am having a hard day today...I totally feel exhausted and hungry...I have lost 12 pounds which is Great! I guess I am just a little down in the dumps today :biggrin: I know it doesn't help that this is Thanksgiving Week!

Any Words of Wisdom:blush:

I hated the pre-op diet. I do simpathize with you. But you are almost there and all of the hard work will be worth it once they get that band on. Best of luck to you and congratulations. See you on the losers bench after the band.

Remember it will be all worth it when everyone else has put on 5-10 over the hoilday. Get some taken out and see you smaller in 2010

I'm exactly where you are with the pre-op diet and have my surgery the same day. So far my worst day was the second. The last few days I"ve just downed my shakes and tried not to think about it too much. I'm doing better than I thought I would but I still have my moments. I'm trying to keep the end prize in site and remember that they can't operate if you're liver's not ok. I can't wait to ask my surgeon what shape my liver is in when I wake up, hopefully it'll be good news! Anyway, hang in there, I'll be thinking of you 8 days to go-almost to the half way mark.:thumbup:

I start my preop diet on Dec 18. surgery on Jan 8 I think Christmas is going to be hard. Any tips on getting thru the holidays?

I start my preop diet on Dec 18. surgery on Jan 8 I think Christmas is going to be hard. Any tips on getting thru the holidays?

Drink lots and lots of Fluid. Avoid temptation at all costs. Drink your Protein shakes. And most of all, no matter how hard it might be, remember the goal at the finish line. It will be well worth all of the hard work in the end.

Thanks for the encouragement, same to you. hang tough over thanksgiving. I eat a lot from boredom. I'm going to try to get really busy with the not food side of Christmas. Hey, my house willprobably never look better !!!

I'm not looking forward to the liquid diet either! Eh! :thumbup: I did convince my boyfriend to do it with me though! He's been such a rock for me through this whole process.

If you need to keep yourself busy, read a book, put on your ipod and dance, go for a walk, immerse yourself in work, imagine how sexy you'll look in a bathing suit, think about all the fancy clothes you'll be able to fit into... just keep your mind busy and drink lots of Water :biggrin:

I'm right there with ya! I'm on day 6 of the 14 day liquid diet as well. I started mine the day right before Thanksgiving. I skipped the family gathering this year to avoid temptation AND having to explain to everyone why I wasn't eating. I've lost 11 pounds so far and that's what's helping me to keep going, seeing the scale move. I'm also trying to keep myself as busy as possible so I don't think about it. I did a TON of laundry this past weekend! Oh, and sugarfree gum. I've found that it really helps when I want to eat something. I also have a variety of sugar free syrups from Da Vinci to give me some variety. So far so good! I need to go find a low sodium boullion that tastes good now. I need something other than sweets!!! Good luck everyone! The holidays are going to be rough for us initially, but, think of the end result and how much happier and healthier we'll be!!!

Day 7 of 14 here...starting to feel like 2nd nature to me. I guess at some point dare I say it I got use to the shake routine. I am looking forward to something other than these Optifast shakes but I am excited about the 8 pounds that I have already dropped. I just keep telling myself how happy my surgeon will be when he gets in there and I have a beautifully shrunken (sp?) liver. Keep up the good work!!:rolleyes:

I am on my first day of the clear liquid diet and so far, I am cranky as hell! I am starving! I am drinking my SlimFast and my Clear Liquids but this is harder than I thought it was going to be. My surgery date is Dec 14 and I really hope I make it too! Any ideas from anyone?