Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Very Discouraged-Gained Weight Back, Need Support to Lose Again

Hello to all:

Let me start out by telling you about myself. I am a 29 year old female from Ohio, single mother of a 5 year old who works full time.

I was banded 4/2007. I first started out weighing 283 and got down to 225, I went from a size 26 down to an 18. I was the happiest I ever been in a long time, felt confident and great about myself. I lost all that weight without having a fill. When I finally got a fill I still haven't lost. Well this year I have gained most of my weight back. I'm back up to 270, gained about 45 pounds back-- 13 pounds from my surgery weight. I basically lost control of my eating habits and exercising. I have exercise equipment and everything and have not used it hardly at all. I know I just need some sort of push or support to get me going again. I don't have time to go to support meetings here due to getting off work and cooking dinner and homework with my son.

I am asking that someone please be my support buddy to give me that push to keep me on track with my eating and exercise habits and to get back on the journey of being happy about myself again. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Take care and God Bless!

I am a 49 year old mother of two teenagers and I am located in Eastlake ohio and looking for same -- I am still on my original weight loss journey and having some difficulty staying focused.

Have had 3 fills to date. Still getting hungry when I shouldn't. Haven't worked out in about 2 months -- first from a surgery that I had (not lapband) and my daughters karate schedule. Now that is done my goal is to get started again and focused.

I know what it is like to need the push and have the accountability to someone to stay focused.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches