Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:( Got the call today the lady that takes care of ins for True Results in Houston sent in my file today she said it could take about 10 days I have bcbsil . A coworker just had the gastric sleeve done and didn't pay anything so we will see!

Hey CENT!

I have BCBS of IL and just found out yesterday the final approval letter was mailed 10/23/09, exactly 2 weeks from being submitted. So, with all the patience:cursing: that you can gather, perhaps you can call BCBS Nov 5th to find out.

My surgeon's office called me today to tell me my date is Nov. 24th, I could have had the 17th, but opted for the week of Thanksgiving so I do not have to miss to many classes.

So maybe, just maybe we might have surgery at the same time, depending on just when your surgeon has openings!

I know they call post op "Bandster's Hell", but the waiting time has got to qualify for pre-op Bandster's Hell!!!

Thanks I am looking for the end of Nov. also did they say you had to pay anything?

No, they didn't say, but so far it has barely cost us anything.

I think the charge is different for everyone, it depends on how the policies are written.

Congrats, and keep in touch, we can be band buds!

I am going through True Results too. My lady that handles insurance has been out sick this week. I hope she feels better soon. I really want my paperwork sent to the insurance for approval. I would love to be banded in November.

I didn't know True Results was in your state .Are they all over.Lapland solutions is doing the ins Are they doing yours also. They go by your last name mine stars with s .

Good luck, I hope you hear from the Ins. soon, the waiting is the worse.

I too get banded in November, on the 25th, I too chose then because of time off from school. Let us know how it's going.:(

Congrats Mel,

We will be holding our pillows to our tummies this turkey day, but no problems, because just think about how good we will look next Thanksgiviing...only smaller too:thumbup:!!!!

I'm so excited I'm actually giddy.

Edited by GraciesMom

Congrats for you progress so far!! Hope your approval comes swiftly and smoothly!

I have BCBSIL too! Do you guys have any tips or advice? I guy I work with had Roux en Y surgery this year and he said he was denied by insurance FOUR times before the finally approved him! What kind of things did your PCP's document during your pre-op diet (if you had to have one)?

Hi Jess, based on your list, it looks like you already have much of the requirements done.

Didn't your surgeon give you all the requirements?

From your list, it looks like you just need a cardiologist and pulmonary clearance, and you should be good to go.

The reduction of 3 month supervised diet from the original 6 months just makes time go by...but the absolute longest time is from when they remit your stuff and the wait for final approval. It seems that BCBSIL is running about 2 weeks before you get approval, but dog- gone- it, that is one long time to wait after going through everything we have to go through to get approval!!!

Good luck, it will happen for you soon!:thumbdown:

Hi Jess, based on your list, it looks like you already have much of the requirements done.

Didn't your surgeon give you all the requirements?

From your list, it looks like you just need a cardiologist and pulmonary clearance, and you should be good to go.

The reduction of 3 month supervised diet from the original 6 months just makes time go by...but the absolute longest time is from when they remit your stuff and the wait for final approval. It seems that BCBSIL is running about 2 weeks before you get approval, but dog- gone- it, that is one long time to wait after going through everything we have to go through to get approval!!!

Good luck, it will happen for you soon!:sad:

They gave me a checklist but no one has said anything about needing any kind of pulmonary clearance or testing. My surgeons office provided me with a form for my PCP to fill out during my three-month pre-op diet. I hope it's got everythng BCBCIL requires on it!

no they didn't give me the list I hope they got the info them self .

I am not sure if Lapland solutions is handling the insurance for True Results in AZ. I have United Health Care for my plan they require an BMI 40 for the last 5 years, 5 years of Medical records and a letter of medical necessity. I really hope everything was submitted to my insurance this week. It's hard waiting, but I hate not knowing what I am waiting on. I know the coordinator been out sick two days so I am trying to be patient. I wish I would get a return call so I can know.

:thumbup:I got my letter from ins. today i think i am approved it said 43770 for lap band meets medical policy . This plan does provide coverage for this service.But it said Hower, predetermination of benefits does not quarantee payment.:) and also, note that some services require precertification . So we will see i will call Mon. to make sure. Wise me luck!

Yeap, Ms. Cent, that is the letter you have been waiting for:thumbup::w00t::thumbup:, and chances are you will be receiving that long awaited call tomorrow (Monday), you might not have to call...

Your letter sounds like the one I got, exactly, and when mine came I called too, and had to leave a message. It wasn't 10 mintues later when the odffice called me with the date for surgery, and she had not even got to he "flashing" messages yet, and when I asked about the letter because I questioned mine too, she said that's what insurance companys do.

So let me be the 1st to send you a big CONGRATS, and see ya on the other Bandster side!!!!

Cheryl