Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks post op and yesterday I ate a whopper jr, a pack of swiss snack cakes, 12 pizza rolls, chips and salsa all in a 2 hour period. I am sick sick sick of myself. I am so mad at myself. am I alone in this? has anyone messed up this bad. What is wrong with me. :w00t: :eek: :scared2:

Sounds like you were feeling deprived after your pre and post-op diets, and you just binged on everything you felt like you had "missed out" on during that time. Here's something that helped me after surgery: if my hubby is having something I really want, I will take two bites. That is enough to get the taste in my mouth, and I savor each bite, chewing as much as possible. Usually the craving goes away after that.

Maybe instead of eating everything you missed all at once, save the treats and try to have only one per day, only if you're really truly hungry. That will make it more special. Try to keep high Protein Snacks around the house like string cheese or beef Jerky instead of swiss cake rolls. Don't buy any more junk after you run out of it. Knowing that you won't buy any more will help you ration it better.

Forgive yourself, move on, and get back on your post-op diet! It's only been 3 weeks; you don't want to hurt yourself by binging.

don't beat yourself up too bad. After a couple fills you will not be able to eat that stuff and it won't even sound good to you. Hey, you screwed up, just don't do it so bad again and move forward. When I was headed in to the banster hell stage, as u are now, it helped me to eat stuff like salad. Eat cucumber and carrot sticks. Things will get better for you.

You're not the first and you won't be the last person that has done this so don't beat yourself up over it. And in reality it's probably less then what you would have eaten prior to surgery so you still ate less then your former normal! :wink2:(always look for a positive in any situation)

There is still alot of will power involved in this game and even more so in the beginning. Now you know how much food you can still eat until you start getting fills so your will power is going to have to be strong right now...Welcome to bandster hell :w00t:

I agree with cooley with the deprived feeling. But now you got your fix of junk food so back on track! I had to giggle about what you ate though... You hit everything I would have, sweet salty spicy and a burger. I'm jealous :scared2:

Today is a new day! :eek:

OMG! Yall are the best! If it wasnt for the support of you all on here i dont know what I would do. Thank you all so much!! I can stop crying and beating myself up now. Much Love for you all :scared2::w00t:

Yep it happens, we all have our weak moments. I hadn't had Cookies since my surgery but the other day I got the bug and ate six. This is probably way better than the whole box I would have eaten prior. But no more cookies in my house and I'm back on the wagon so to speak. You will be to, as you start to change you eating it will just become habit most of time so good luck!

Before I had my second fill I was able to eat like that too! But trust me it, that won't happen once the restriction starts happening. All you can do is try your best to eat the best that you can every day. We all fail on that once in a while. You just have to have more good days than bad and forgive yourself for it and start over again the next day. You'll do fine! Don't worry!

The important thing is getting back on track. Its amazing how little damage these one off binges do if you get right back on the wagon instead of doing the old "well, I've wrecked this week, so I'll start again next week".

at 3 weeks though, you could do some damage eating that much, although if you did it and didnt have pain and vomiting, you're probably fine. But believe me, that size binge will be a thing of the past soon. However, you still most definitely CAN go off the rails no matter how restricted, so you need to work on the why's of what you're doing.

lol...I am totally craving a burger too....I keep rewinding all the fast food commercials and imagining what that food tastes like. They just make it look so good.:thumbdown:

I'm actually surprised you didn't get sick after eating this?

Forgive yourself and go forward. NO looking back except to remember that this isn't good for you. It takes about six weeks of healing for your body to be in good shape to do what you did, so you're lucky that you haven't done any inside damage.

Find yourself some Protein Snacks to keep on hand and stay away from Burger King if you can't control it.

Good luck. Now start your new beginning!

lol...I am totally craving a burger too....I keep rewinding all the fast food commercials and imagining what that food tastes like. They just make it look so good.:confused:

At times like this, I have to get up and go for a walk and have a talk with myself. I also sometimes make a turkey burger and put some white cheese on it without the bun. Add a slice of onion and a tomatoe and you can take care of this craving. Best of luck!!!!