Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I NEED help or a swift kick in the A**

I had my first fill 4cc.. no restriction.

Second fill 5.5cc total. Many (not all) things got stuck in the beginning, so i concentrated more on chewing and eating slowly.) I think I def had restriction. However..... i have not lost ANY weight in the past few weeks (not gained either) but NO LOSS. If at certain times certain foods get stuck, does this def mean I am at restriction? I am def eating much less than before but still no loss. Does this mean it is WHAT I am eating? There are some things I eat that arent the best option, but I eat much less, so is that ok? it is THIS what is hindering my loss? Do I need a fill? If I don't, why do i feel hungry (sometimes) in between meals? Or is it because I am not eating the right foods to keep my full and satisfied? I was banded 7/8 and have only lost 11 pounds. and at this point (according to Dr. Ortiz) I should be down 20-25.

If you can help, or even give me a swift kick in the a**, I'd GREATLY apprceiate it! I know you all are very busy!

Also...is it normal to be able to eat ALOT of lettuce? I make salads, but feel like I can put down alot of romaine lettuce!

Thank you!

From what I've been told, lettuce is a slider food. Goes down easy with little or no nutritional value.

Try eating solid Proteins such as chicken or fish. They will stay in your pouch longer and you should be able to go 4 hours between meals. If you are eating solid Protein and get hungry in between meals, you most likely need another fill.

Be sure to get in your 64oz of Water and don't drink with your meals. Wait 30 minutes after eating to drink water again.

I get stuck about once per week and find it is usually because I am eating too fast and not chewing enough.

If you are unsure how many calories you should be eating check with your nutritionist. He/she may be able to suggest a diet that will help you lose. I notice that your BMI wasn't real high to begin with. Your weight will come off slower then somebody with a high BMI.

Exercise is imperative. Try and get at least 30 minutes of exercise in each day and mix it up often so you don't get bored and increase your time each week by 5 minutes or so.

Hope this helps!

Donna

This is what I suggest --

1. Keep a journal of ALL that you eat and calculate the number of calories.

2. Keep a journal of ALL your exercise.

3. After a week, review the journal and calculate the number of calories you have eaten and burned.

Not knowing what you're eating it is impossible to advise you. You are either either eating too many calories or not enough.

Check these links out:

Calories Needed:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5138_calculate-total-daily.html

food Journal and Calorie Goal:

Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, Food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate

Also, consider joining a program like Weight Watchers or something similar.

Good luck.

I'm surprised by your last comment - I can't eat salads at all. Gawd I miss them.

I'd really like to be able to eat a healthy small meal.

My surgery was over 1-1/2 YEARS ago and I have lost nothing. I'm told just eat better. Well if it's all about eating better then why have the surgery?

I'm surprised by your last comment - I can't eat salads at all. Gawd I miss them.

I'd really like to be able to eat a healthy small meal.

My surgery was over 1-1/2 YEARS ago and I have lost nothing. I'm told just eat better. Well if it's all about eating better then why have the surgery?

Gloria,

You have lost nothing in 18 months? You must be so disheartened. What does your doctor say?

From what I've been told, lettuce is a slider food. Goes down easy with little or no nutritional value.

Try eating solid Proteins such as chicken or fish. They will stay in your pouch longer and you should be able to go 4 hours between meals. If you are eating solid Protein and get hungry in between meals, you most likely need another fill.

Be sure to get in your 64oz of Water and don't drink with your meals. Wait 30 minutes after eating to drink water again.

I get stuck about once per week and find it is usually because I am eating too fast and not chewing enough.

If you are unsure how many calories you should be eating check with your nutritionist. He/she may be able to suggest a diet that will help you lose. I notice that your BMI wasn't real high to begin with. Your weight will come off slower then somebody with a high BMI.

Exercise is imperative. Try and get at least 30 minutes of exercise in each day and mix it up often so you don't get bored and increase your time each week by 5 minutes or so.

Hope this helps!

Donna

Thanks so much Donna! well... i guess that explains why I can eat alot of salad!! I LOVE shrimp? Thats a protein right?

I email my nutrionist yesterday.. Hopefully we will get me on track!!

Thanks again!!:)

This is what I suggest --

1. Keep a journal of ALL that you eat and calculate the number of calories.

2. Keep a journal of ALL your exercise.

3. After a week, review the journal and calculate the number of calories you have eaten and burned.

Not knowing what you're eating it is impossible to advise you. You are either either eating too many calories or not enough.

Check these links out:

Calories Needed:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5138_calculate-total-daily.html

food Journal and Calorie Goal:

Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, Food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate

Also, consider joining a program like Weight Watchers or something similar.

Good luck.

THANKS! yes! I def need to do all the above!!

I noticed to do Weight Watchers with band?? Where do i find that!? I used to do weight watchers!!

Thanks so much Donna! well... i guess that explains why I can eat alot of salad!! I LOVE shrimp? Thats a Protein right?

I email my nutrionist yesterday.. Hopefully we will get me on track!!

Thanks again!!:)

Yes, shrimp is a protein. I hope your nut. can help you out.

Donna

Agnes:

Yes, I do Weight Watchers. I find that I am more consistently successful when I am counting my points. Those weeks that I am lazy about doing that are the weeks when I plateau. Go Figure!

Anyway, I do WW Online rather than go to meetings. There are a lot of tools there and I am comfortable with the application they have for entering the food eaten. It does not keep track of Protein though which is a draw back. It is also not free. They do have an application also for my Blackberry so I can enter food on my phone as I eat it. If you like the group support that WW can provide then going to meetings is a great idea and can be extremely useful (no need to tell them you've been banded, although they are usually okay with that).

WW is not for everyone but I strongly believe that keeping track of what you eat makes us accountable for that consumption. It can open our eyes to what is really going on.

Also, remember that everyone's journey is different. Your doctor might think you are behind what he feels is average weight loss, however you are not average. Nobody is. We all have our own path to tread here. For me, during the first few months of being banded, I lost weight only because I was strictly following WW. Even though I had no recognizable restriction the weight came off because I followed a plan. When I went off the plan, the weight loss stalled (Holidays 2008). When I got back on the plan after New Years, had a fill, started exercising, etc. the weight started coming off again. That is the path that I took. I am happy and comfortable with my path and where I am now. However, I'm ready for a new kick in the *ss too after coming off gallbladder surgery I haven't got back on the plan yet. I'm ready to get into gear to make sure the new winter wardrobe ($1000+) I just bought will be too big by Spring.

Let me know if you need any help.

Hi Agnes,

I got banded on July 15th and had lost 25 lbs before my first fill in late August which was 3.5 cc's. Lost another 3 to make it 28 lost and then had my second fill last week. Another 3.5 cc's for 7 total. Since my second fill I gained 4 lbs but definitely had some restriction. I'm starting to lose again now. I do find I do alot better when I write it down and may actually do ww online again because it is so damn easy to do, at least for a little bit to see how much I really am eating. The other thing is to definitely make sure you are eating enough. For a little bit I was not eating a high Protein snack/drink in the am and afternoon and I found that definitely hurt me int eh weight loss department so I am back on track with that now.

Good luck and hang in there.

Tom