Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is everyone doing?

Just thought I would start a new thread in hopes to get people to start chatting!! So I was wondering how everyone was doing with their food, exercise, weight loss /gain, whatever else you want to share?? As for me, I'm down 46lbs as of Oct.7. I'm doing pretty good with my exercising, I walk just about every day, my food is pretty good, but I was told I wasn't getting enough calories so I have to work on eating some more. Isn't that funny! Here I have an operation to control my portions of food and I have to eat more. LOL!! Other than that I'm doing really good. So lets hear from you people!!! :)

I'm Doing ok except for my kids stressing me out and everytime I get stressed i'm at the throne pbing. nothing stays down when i'm stressed and with my 12 year old who has autism and my almost 3 year old there is always a lot of stress. Having a hard time with head hunger and not sure how to get past it. Also trying not to eat after 7pm. I just keep feeling like i'm going to fail again even with the band and i'm trying very hard to get out of this mind frame. Take care everyone. Robin

Well, I'm not in the Florida Group, I'm from Minnesota...but greetings to you from the frozen north! Actually, I was hoping you could answer a few questions, since I'm a newbie on this whole web chat and post thing...and a brand new bandlander! You all look like pros...and I don't know how to start a new post. I can reply fine, but I don't see where to start when I have questions or things to share. I also don't get all of the little shorthand things (LOL I know...but what's a PB?). Do you have time to school a rookie a little?

Thanks. First week with the band is going just fine (all things considered), and I'm so happy to have stumbled across such a great support network!

Welcome to the board and congrats on your new band!! Glad to hear things are going well! To start a new thread you'll see a button on the left hand side of the page on top that says start new thread, click on that and go to town!! As far as a PB, that is what is called a productive burp. When the food comes back up with no acids. It is not a good thing to do!! If you have any more questions feel free to e mail me at raazzberry@cfl.rr.com !!

Again welcome to the group and congrats!!!

Jo Ann

Robin sorry to hear your all stressed out. I know that can be rough, especially with eating and all. Not good to be PBing. But get that stinking thinking out of your head!! You are NOT going to fail again. Even if you have a bad day, tomorrow is always a new day and you can choose to get back on track again!! You CAN do this, I have faith in you!! If you ever need to talk please feel free to e mail me at raazzberry@cfl.rr.com

Keep in touch and let us know how your doing!!

I'm doing great, it has been 18 months for me and I have lost 100 lbs. I was at a very long plateau for months but have started to lose again as of last week. I do not exercise as much as I should ...my eating is much better these days and I journal my food everyday which I feel has helped break my plateau. I dronk 100 oz of Water a day I have set a new goal of 15 more lbs which will put me at my lowest weight that I can remember - 150 lbs. I LOVE MY BAND!

Thanks Jo Ann for the info. I found the post button in a different forum after I asked. And the PB mystery is solved! Best of luck to you as well...I'll keep an eye out for you on the board!

Hey Robin....HANG IN THERE!!! I have three lil' kiddos myself, and they are the dearest things to my heart, but I don't know if they aided in my speedy recovery much! I will pray that you are given an extra measure of Grace and Peace today. You got this far. We all have our bad days and fall. You pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start walking again!

God Bless You!

Jon

These days are getting better and better for me. I've lost 71 pounds in 8 months. I feel better, have more confidence and more energy to play with my 6 yr old daughter than ever before. I've been told by my Dr.that very soon I will be able to stop all cholesterol and blood pressure meds I've been taken for 1 year now. I excersice at least 3 days a week (not enough but more than I have in a long time.) I eat 3 meals a day and try real hard not to snack in between . I have really good days and really bad days with my eating,but overall I do make better food choices and my band makes my bad food I consume so much smaller that it doesn't keep me from losing weight. My band has given me the oppurtunity to embrace life to the fullest and to be greatful to be one of the blessed ones to be able to have a tool that has helped me regain my health! I have 44 more pounds to lose to get to my second goal I set for my self. I know I will get there and hopeful make a third goal and see it too!! This was the best desicion I could have ever made and I would do every second all over again to continue to strive to regain alot of life that I lost feeling sorry for my self for to long. This has been my new lease on life and with God (and my band LOL!!!) all things are possible.

Your doing AWESOME girl!! Glad to hear that everything is going so well! Keep up the good work and keep working that band!!

Speaking of awsome.... 46 pounds in 3 months is what is awsome. You keep working that band of yours like that and you will be looking great in no time!!! Thanks for your encouraging words!!

Sounds like you all are doing just wonderful, I have been at a stand still for a while, but I'm also in need of a fill, which I'm scheduled for on the 25th. I have gained about 4-5 lbs in the last month, but it has been an unusually stressful time for me. My mom went through a cancer scare (she's fine, thank God) and my three year old got booted from daycare. So I have been totally stressed and I've been eating like crazy, I have a love affair with sweets, so it gets worse in times of stress. I hadn't been abel to get a fill cause my ps suggested I wait 3-4 months to recover from all the survery I had. I am fitting into size 10 clothes, so that is awesome for me. My husband took me dancing on Friday and I looked so damn good, it took a while for me to realize it, kept running back to the full lenght mirror, cause I thought maybe those clothes were too small for me. I wore an INC size 8 shirt and a pair of low cut Guess jeans in a size 31, so, it was kind of unreal to me. My sister who babysat for us, finally told me, you look great, you need to stop thinking you are fat cause your not... I still see myself as overweight, when will this go away??? I do need to start excercising both for mind and body sake... So cheer me on and help me get motivated. Any of you Miami people want to meet on the 25th??? Let me know. Glad to hear all of you are doing wonderful, so keep up the good work and sorry this is so long, but I needed this today..

Guest scd

I was banded on June 15,2005 and feel like I could do better, so far I have lost about 38 pounds. I joined the lap band forum for support, my schedual is hectic so I am not able to attend support groups. My big down fall is sugar, I still crave it and realize it has no nutitional value in my diet.

38 pounds is really great, I have been banded a year and have only lost 31 lbs, so you are doing just fabulous. I too am addicted to the sugar monster, I've tried killing him a few times, he goes off and then I guess he recovers and comes back to hunt me.. Just remember that having a band is not being on a diet, its a lifestyle change, of modification. You don't have to eliminate the foods just eat less of them.. I personally don't see myself as a failure due to my slow weight loss, I see myself 30 lbs thinner (flatter stomach from tt) and just am so happy that the weight has not come back in a year. I hadn't been able to get an adjustment since March, due to the plastic surgery recovery period, but I can honestly tell you that this is so worth it. I had a fill yesterday and I still haven't noticed any difference in tightness, I had 1.5 cc's and he increased me to 2cc's, I think he needs to be more agressive with his fills, but because I'm so far away (3 hr drive) he would rather take it slow. So I guess I have to go with the flow.. Well good luck and don't get discouraged because you are doing just wonderful. Take care.